Best gig/live act

H

Hotteh

Name it, dead simple. You had to be there obviously. cuh.

gonna have to say either Pitchshifter at Corporation a few years back or Capdown at the Fusion and Foundry at Sheffield about a month or so ago. Such energy, a frontman whos shouting his bollocks off who then tanks about the stage only to grab a saxophone and slap out a saxophone solo of such complexity you wonder where he gets the energy from.

Top stuff.

S

(Shovel)

Ooooh, so many choices...

Doves at Manchester Apollo last week was very very good.

Best act I've ever seen is probably Super Furry Animals back home in Cambridge. They were very very good.

B

bodhi

Faith No More at what was to turn out to be their last ever UK tour at Wolverhampton Civic Hall. Will never forget it.

O

old.Kez

Its an impossible toss-up between three fantastic gigs, and I choose not to choose!

(The gigs were Flickerstick, King Prawn, and Capdown, though)

M

mank!

Only been to two gigs.

Therapy? at the Zodiac in Oxford
Manic Street Preachers at the NEC in Birmingham

Manics win hands down.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Radiohead at Oxford for emotion, or Fischerspooner at the Royal Festival Hall for just being the best show EVAH

L

legendario

Originally posted by mank!
Only been to two gigs.

Therapy? at the Zodiac in Oxford
Manic Street Preachers at the NEC in Birmingham

Manics win hands down.

anyone who choses manics over therapy deserves to be fingered

(in a bad way)

R

Recoil101

hmmm choices.....

First ever gig that still sticks in my mind and was absolutley amazing was Erasure on the Wild tour in 89/90 at the NEC, stage show was something to behold....

Saying that tho, I saw Depeche Mode last year on the Exciter tour at the NEC, Dave Gahn is such a showman...

Nitzer Ebb (who?) at the Tic Toc in Coventry were fantastic as well..

but then saying that The Erasure Christmas Concert last friday at the Sanctury in Birmingham was pretty cool too...

However even after taking all those into account I am gonna have to go with...... Tori Amos at Wolverhampton Civic hall a couple of years ago, she was amazing, her stage presence is second to none, her voice, her piano playing .... wow.... stunning

W

Will

This really ins't an easy question. I've seen a lot of good live acts. I'll go with Koshee...nah, Faithles...nah, Beatie Bo...err, Less Than Jake. Nope, have to go with Rolf Harris at Glastonbury 2000. There will never be a gig so amazing. They had to send the digerdoo player on 10 minutes early to calm down the crowd, 6000 trying to see a gig in a 1000 person tent. He played every song he has ever done, except Jake (no false leg), and even did one song twice.

E

ECA

Faithless, Kosheen, Fischerspooner, Stanton Warriors, all vying for it from me.

:-]

D

doh_boy

prodigy - Manchester Apollo erm.....the last time they played there :s

M

mookie

muse, manchester apollo, 3rd nov 2001.
matt bellamy fucking rawks.

closely followed by idlewild at reading 2000. i almost died, it was that good. and i lost a coat in the crowd. was a good day :)

M

mank!

Originally posted by mookie
muse, manchester apollo, 3rd nov 2001.
matt bellamy fucking rawks.

Muse are a band I really want to see live, the Hullabaloo DVD is fucking amazing. :)

H

Hotteh

not a fan myself though i appear to be in a minority.

need to see Boy Hits Car live, i think id just pass out or never leave the house again because everything else would just seem so crap after it.

S

stu

Guns n' Roses at Leeds. It was, quite simply, fucking amazing. Out of everyone there, I'd say 80% on the first day were there to see G'n'R, it was like a timewarp to see all these 25-35 year olds walking around with their Use Your Illusion Tour t-shirts on. Brought it home how long it's been when someone I went with (who is 18) said he didn't know many/any of their songs. Axl & Co rocked out to the max, yeah it was a shame that most of the old crew has gone but the new guys certainly know what they're doing, and those opening bars of Welcome to the Jungle got the entire park jumping.

Radiohead at Oxford were also fantastic, and Beastie Boys at the NEC were awesome.

Muse were shit live btw, total disappointment.

E

echo

I'd love to see GnR live, though Buckethead and Robin Finck can hardly replace Slash and Izzy (one of my favourite songwriting partnerships), if you close your eyes it just is G'N'F'N'R :)

For me it's MSP btw, last wednesday. Played loads of old stuff, I got insulted by Ian Brown, lost my speech and hearing for 24 hours

F

Feanor

Guns 'n' Roses - Milton Keynes Bowl, 1992 (I think)
Mundy - Manchester University Union, 1995 (Probably)
Metallica - Donington, 1995
Rolling Stones - Every time I see them (7 so far) :)

T

Trem

Haven't seen any live acts since Pearl Jam, they were good but I was far away from the stage:(

Samm is the gig goer, and she says that it was a toss up between Incubus and Jimmy Eat World, but in the end J.E.W were better, she said they put absolutely all their energy into the concert.

M

mank!

Originally posted by .snoopy
I got insulted by Ian Brown

What'd he say to you? I got insulted by an Ian Brown fan at the NEC. *stab*

S

stu

Originally posted by .snoopy
I'd love to see GnR live, though Buckethead and Robin Finck can hardly replace Slash and Izzy (one of my favourite songwriting partnerships), if you close your eyes it just is G'N'F'N'R :)

See, that's what surprised me. Granted, it's not Slash. But those boys can really, REALLY play some fucking guitar. And having 4 of them works really well. Besides, Gilby was always better than Izzy :)

L

legendario

Originally posted by stu

Gilby was always better than Izzy :)

OMG teh lies !!! :)

Gilby never actually contributed to the song writing. Izzy did though, including the 2 Use Your Illusions.

M

mank!

I must be the only person who can't listen to G'n'R? I can bare the odd track or two, but usually I just find it way too cheesy. :)

E

echo

Originally posted by stu
Gilby was always better than Izzy :)

Gilby Clarke was a nonce compared to Stradlin', plus Izzy's solo material is far, far superior

M

MYstIC G

1st - Garbage, Electric Ballroom Camden - Most intimate venue they'd played in 7 years - Ms Mansons own words, total fucking spankage

2nd - Foo Fighters, Wembley Arena - Not a single seated ticket person in there seats, One by One is a top album

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by mank!

What'd he say to you? I got insulted by an Ian Brown fan at the NEC. *stab*

At the manchester one he was getting all stroppy coz the crowd weren't dancing. I, personally, couldn't be arsed :p but everyone else seemed to even less ethusiastic than me.

He started saying stuff like:

''look you paid for your tickets so you can do what you want. You can fucking dance if you want.'

and

'I'm x years older than you and I've ten times more energy ..'

the little girl was getting his knickers in a twist. :/

L

legendario

Ian brown is a tosser.

Stone Roses were average.

Users who are viewing this thread