Best gaming mouse?

U

-Ultimate

Hi, i'm interested in getting a new mouse, at the minute i have a plain old microsoft intellimouse optical, and i'm wondering what, in your opinon is the best mouse for gaming. I've been told by a few people microsoft explorer 3.0 and by some other logitech dual optical and by some others the razor boomslang, so any more advice on the matter would be great. Student loan just came in, so money aint a problem ;)

Thanks in advance

EDIT:Typo's

O

old.[ToX]DiGGeR

Hehe I was gonna ask that soon I need a new mouse aswell :p

W

WPKenny

If I got a new mouse I'd prolly go for the logitach dual optical. I read a review once that put them all against each other and it came out on top with flying colours.

Can't for the life of me remember where I read the review though, sorry!

W

Will

I was using a Logitech Mouseman, very nice mouse, but not i have a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, for it's wonderful 5 button ability. Felt really light at first, but I've got used to it now.

U

-Ultimate

Thanks for the info guys, well i decided on the logitech dual, so i'll tell you what its like when i get it :)

S

Skyler

Yeah I'd like to know about the dual optical, I've been considering changing to Logitech for some time, and that was what I was going to get...

;)

X

Xavier

i've put the dual optical next to the explorer 3.0 this week and the dual optical is no competition for the microsoft...

S

S-Gray

Im thinkin of goin for the Intellimouse 3, when i sell my computer

U

-Ultimate

Originally posted by Xavier
i've put the dual optical next to the explorer 3.0 this week and the dual optical is no competition for the microsoft...

Doh, now u post, i would have preffered if you'd kept that info to yourself now i've ordered ;)

F

FuZor

Originally posted by Xavier

I have big problems using my optical logitech in Dark Basic when my old optical itelli works a dream!

S

S-Gray

OK, now its either the Dual OptiMouse from logitec, or the Intellimouse 3 from microsoft, in a few weeks i will purchase the MS Intellimouse, coz everyone seems to like it..

soooo

What now, is the best keyboard for gaming? and how much does it cost?

(Rather than make a new thread, i may as well post it in here while we're on subject on Peripherals)

X

Xavier

heh, I like the apple Pro USB keyboard, simply because it looks wicked and is a darn sight smaller than any of the nice PC offerings, it's a matter of taste as much as anything, if you're gonna disturb someone at night with typing then a silent touch keyboard is a good investment, if you have a small desk I'd recommend the apple, if you have no qualms on trying something different then there is the MS Natural range... the MS office is nice-ish but doesn't have much in the way of game-specific features...

give us some more info!

S

S-Gray

Well, battering Keys i dont care about, coz im in a secluded part of the house away from anyone else (yay), I have a reasonable amout of Space to kit a keyboard of any size, id like the keyboard to be some what Ergonomic (So i dont strain my Wrist' or Fingers while playing/typing).

We did get one in our Room at College where i am, a Microsoft Pro somethin or other, nice Keyboard but i didnt have time/space to throw it in my Bag :(

I suppose a USB Keyboard would be good, but im kinda short on Free USB ports, so i may have to purchase a USB Hub sometime in the future.

What other info do you require? Thats all i can think of..

Oh yeah, dont want it to be too Dear, lookin around the area of £20/£35

S

S-Gray

6761635sA56IFN62265M.JPG

This one from Argos looks OK, a Logitech one for £25

S

Summo

I have a Logitech Internet Keyboard which they don't make anymore. Similar style to that one but without so much excess crap all around it. I wouldn't swap it.

Anyway... what's my point?

P

PR.

I had a logitech key board it wernt bad the keys were a little shite... but then 3months after buying it they stop making it and when I upgrade to 2k theres no software for the keys.

Dumped it and got a MS Internet Pro

S

S-Gray

That was the one i was gonna nick from college! the MS Internet Pro! :D

Also, i may look into gettin a Ratpad (Mousemat) i mean, if im gettin Mouse Keyboard, i may as well make it look even more Efficient when it has a Mouse Mat built for a King...

U

-Ultimate

What are ratpads, some kind of high quality mousemat?

S

S-Gray

Heres a Review on the RatPad, its rated one of the best along side the Everglide.

BUT, ive heard theres a Mousemat called Func 1030, and its meant to really kick these two around the show, only prob is, ive not found anywhere that stocks em in the UK.

S

S-Gray

As soon as i get some money im gettin one too so im hopin i can get a sale quickly on my comps and fly to the clouds heh

W

Will

Ratpadz are great, and double as a chopping board.:D

U

-Ultimate

Ratpad totally rocks,its awsome! I didn't think a mousemate could make any difference at all but it does.

I'll tell u what its like when you use it with a mouse some other time, busy chopping vegetables on it at the minute.... ;)

S

S-Gray

I think im gonna get some money forward (bout £50) and order the Mouse and Mousemat.

S

Skyler

funcmats are mail order from america/europe only :(

S

Scouse

They sound like sanitary products for female mice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom