Best gaming mouse?

U

-Ultimate

Yeah that does look like the ultimate mousemat, $25 + shipping is a bit fecking harsh though. Happy with my ratpad and new dual optical(which just arrived today), very smooth, didn't think a mousemat would seriously make that much difference, but it seems to :eek:. Like the feel of the logitech, fits perfect into the hand imo, can't really give a good opinion on it till i've used it for a bit.

S

S-Gray

Well, i have a plan on getting a free Intellimouse Explorer..

I have a Intellimouse Explorer (V1 i think) it seems to be exactly the same as v3 SO i go PC World / Argos where ever to buy a Mouse for £35, use it, then about a Month later take the Box/Receipt and my OLD Intellimouse back inside the Box, telling them that its dead etc.

I will then ask for my Money back OR get something else worth £35.. im a Shoe in..

P

PR.

V3 is a different shape to the previous mice iirc

S

S-Gray

ah bollox... i spose i could look for a v1..

S

S-Gray

Just got my RatPad, gonna test it in CS soon, ooooooo

S

S-Gray

'twas a success me thinks, 27-4 on Italy, and wasnt really playin proper

O

old.mouse_on_mars

Well I just bought a Logitech dual optical. It's great in games.
BUT. I use middle mouse as double-click in Windows, so I installed the Logitech software, and then found that with this software installed, middle mouse and the side button do not work in games :mad:
So I sent an email to Logtech and they said that you either use the buttons in Windows OR in games. Which too me seems daft considering you can have both with a MS mouse and the intellipoint drivers.

So, unless Logitech sort themselves out sharpish I'll have to go and get an Explorer v3

mad.gif

S

S-Gray

i use the normal Windows Drivers, they work fine, the own drivers tend to mess things up

U

Ukle

Ratpads in UK

nm... was asking about someone that sells either the ratpad or Func pad to the Uk at a sensible price and found one -

http://www.surface1030.de/

Should of checked funcs site more thorough then just clicking the buy now button :)

S

S-Gray

I would have possily had one, but it would cost more because of shipping etcetc

O

old.Jas

I've got a ratpad - its a big fucker but works great with my bog standard Intellimouse.

I used to have an Intellimouse explorer - but found it too large, even for my fairly large hands.

S

ShockingAlberto

I find the Intellimouse Exploerer a tad large too...

My old standard mouse was small enough to fit comfortably, being held by just my fingers. That meant i could sit my wrist down solidly, and barely move it.

However with my new mouse, handing it with my fingers is hard, and really restricts my ability to press the buttons...(I cna't press the side buttons at all).

The solution is to hold the entire mouse, however my hand is slightly too big to fit on the mouse completely, so my wrist rests, fairly heavily, on the moue pad, and the friction burnt "soft spot" on my wrist is the worst i've ever experianced...
Allthough i'm not playing any games hardly atm(since beta2 of Q3F is so shit), so it's ok.

S

S-Gray

Aye the Ratpad is bigger and harder than i expected, infact it wont fit on my lil desk, so i have to get a little table for my Pad and mouse to move on.

Im now after a Intellimouse Explorer 3, i believe Dixons sell em for £35, but first i wanna go to the Manchester Show (The Bowlers) on Saturday and see if there is any cheaper

O

old.Jas

Originally posted by Super_Gray
Manchester Show (The Bowlers) on Saturday and see if there is any cheaper
Wassis? Computer fair type thing? Whereabouts?

I might toddle along if I'm not doing anything

S

Skyler

I should be ordering my fUncmat very very soon with my upgrade, and an explorer 3.0 + mouse bungee \o/

S

S-Gray

Its down near the Trafford Centre, its the biggest Computer Fair in England (UK?).

I do recall it been next to the Guardian Newspaper Factory.. i'll have a look for the directions if i can find out properly

O

old.rasputin uk

mice

hi
i have a logitek cordless and a ratpad board but be warned optical mice like lite coulers(cant spell) and eat batteries,there also abit wooly.
ive just got a boomslang 1000 its great ,cost maybe ten pound more than optical ,it works great with rats pad

S

S-Gray

bah, nowhere in my Town sells the MS Intellimouse Explorer 3, argos dont, and the Dixons has the v1 for £35, bastards :/

Oh yeah talkin about Dixons, they had an Offer in our shop for the HERCULES 3D PROPHET KYRO 2 for a tenner, they had about 20 instock and all where sold within an hour (fuckers i didnt even know until someone came into the college with 3 of em :/)

The Kyros i believe are one of the proper GeForces? or so i was told and are still worth £80 in many places

S

ShockingAlberto

I payed £50 for my Intellimouse Explorer. I knew i would be ripped off looking for PC things in town, but that takes the micky.

Oh well, that's life.

S

S-Gray

gonna shop round the stores in my town, OR get a mate to go down the Comp Fair in manchester and pick us one up

====

Oh yeah, and Embattle, you are a first class Git! :p

S

Skyler

/me strokes Explorer 3.0 + fUncmat and Mouse Bungee :D :D :D

S

S-Gray

Anyone who has a Cam and this Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer V3 take a piccy of the bottom for me, i wanna see what it says pweeez

S

S-Gray

heh, time to bring this one back from the murky depths of Barrysworld..

right

As i say, i have got a RatPad, but recently, the "suckers" on the bottom of the mousemat, are coming loose, thus, making the mat slide all over the show... which is a pain in the arse :/

any ideal way to stop em from doing so?

W

Will

New suckers? Glue it to the table?

Double-sided sticky tape?

X

Xavier

Originally posted by -Ultimate

I'll tell u what its like when you use it with a mouse some other time, busy chopping vegetables on it at the minute.... ;)

you joke but last year matrox sent journalists glass mousemats at christmas... thinking that matrox knew these wouldn't work with optical mice a certain ex future publishing journalist decided it must have been a cheeseboard and when I visited in March spotted it in his dishwasher :/ LOL

:D

M

Mas-

Does the Microshite intellimouse 3 go ape when u move it fast?. My old optical would go in circles or the opposite direction when i moved it normaly. Back to a supreme ball mouse now.

im looking into a new one, i was looking either logitech duel optical 1 or the MS intellimouse 3. Does either of them go ape if moved fast left or right ?. Not sure which is best :/

Super_Gray[SG]: I use a bit of clothy stuff which is designed really for car boots to stop things moving about. Came back from uni to find one really pollised desk. I coudlnt move the mouse without the mouse mat moving along with it, so i found the ultimate solution, Some rubber/clothy stuff that grips nicely.

U

-Ultimate

I use a ratpad and a logitech dual optical, never had the thing skip on me due to rapid movement yet.

S

(Shovel)

Any way of finding out your mouse 'version' ?

I have an MS Wheel Mouse optical that has been absolutely fine all the time I've had it. It had a "33% faster" sticker on it when I bought it but there's no ID or version number on the back.

I doubt it's important, I'm just curious really.

K

Kempo

look on the bottom of the mouse it will say intellimouse explorer usb blah blah , well thats what mine says anyway coz its a v1 but it should say something different i.e v2 or v3 somewhere on that line if its a newer version :)

Users who are viewing this thread