Best Friar 1.82 rvr spec, ideas/comments?

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
Illudian said:
So they are pretty much useless for a no-offense (BG/healing) friar, as they are selfcast only?

yup :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
50 staff spec

Darzil said:
They don't stack - both are offensive procs, and you can only have one per character.

Darzil

i thought so, wasn't sure if anything had changed, I like the new HoT (Wish it was instant cast though), although apart from that cant see much else for rejuve line.

since my ML's are not that high yet on my friar, am going to go 50 staff, has anyone got any figures for either battlemaster or champion level melee styles, cant find any damage numbers anywhere?

spec 1

50 staff
35 enhance
24 rejuve
6 parry

with 25% buff bonus should boost up the buffs ok, either that or use a BB :-(

new stuff

improved HoT

24 Prophet's Piety - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a Group Heal for 45 hit points. 1000 units range

30 Fanatic's Redemption - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a PBAE Heal (250 radius) for 75 hit points.

33 Protection from Anarchy - Group 3 second cast time/20 minute duration. 25% chance to proc a self Heal for 60 hit points.

spec 2

50 staff
42 enhance
8 rejuve
4 parry

new stuff

40 Inquisitor's Redemption - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a PBAE (250 radius) Heal for 100 hit points.

41 Protection from Idleness - Group 3 second cast time/20 minute duration. 25% chance to proc a self Heal for 75 hit points.

would speccing in less enhance and more rejive even with 25% buff bonus, outweigh puttting points into enhance?

is the ehance proc better than the rejuve proc, which one would you use?

comments?

:m00:

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
i thought so, wasn't sure if anything had changed, I like the new HoT (Wish it was instant cast though), although apart from that cant see much else for rejuve line.

since my ML's are not that high yet on my friar, am going to go 50 staff, has anyone got any figures for either battlemaster or champion level melee styles, cant find any damage numbers anywhere?

spec 1

50 staff
35 enhance
24 rejuve
6 parry

with 25% buff bonus should boost up the buffs ok, either that or use a BB :-(

new stuff

improved HoT

24 Prophet's Piety - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a Group Heal for 45 hit points. 1000 units range

30 Fanatic's Redemption - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a PBAE Heal (250 radius) for 75 hit points.

33 Protection from Anarchy - Group 3 second cast time/20 minute duration. 25% chance to proc a self Heal for 60 hit points.

spec 2

50 staff
42 enhance
8 rejuve
4 parry

new stuff

40 Inquisitor's Redemption - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a PBAE (250 radius) Heal for 100 hit points.

41 Protection from Idleness - Group 3 second cast time/20 minute duration. 25% chance to proc a self Heal for 75 hit points.

would speccing in less enhance and more rejive even with 25% buff bonus, outweigh puttting points into enhance?

is the ehance proc better than the rejuve proc, which one would you use?

comments?

mmm personally I would stick with enh line for the res, and also anyone remember if holy staff is a side style or not?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Vandrakken said:
mmm personally I would stick with enh line for the res, and also anyone remember if holy staff is a side style or not?

anytime style

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
euhm is Holy Staff changed again then ??.....it was a anytime style before...but some patches ago it was changed to a back style !?....i know couse my Friar was 34 Staff at that time and did resp couse of that

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
I seem to remember it as a style skill but could be wrong

Galadry

Fledgling Freddie
Holy staff is a back style - at least it was before this patch, not had a chance to check since. I hope they havent changed that.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Galadry said:
Holy staff is a back style - at least it was before this patch, not had a chance to check since. I hope they havent changed that.

as far as i know Holy staff was an anytime style that was the same as friars boon without the taunt.

Ryo

Fledgling Freddie
Holy staff was definately a backstyle before this patch, its anytime now.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
also wild healing and mastery of healing effects the procs :)

Q: Do the realm abilities "Wild Healing" and "Mastery of Healing" affect the friar staff styles that proc a group heal? Do they affect the castable offensive and defensive group proc heals?

A: Yes to both, sayeth our designer in charge as well as the lead Camelot tester.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2358.shtml

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Ryo said:
Holy staff was definately a backstyle before this patch, its anytime now.

According to Catacombs Charactor buildier http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Friar

and playing my own Friar i dont remember it being a back style at all and infact dont remember a friar having a back style - only a side style in Friars Friend.

please note that the charactor buildier HASN'T been updated for 1.82 yet

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
For fixed grps id say 49 enhance 25 rejuv 34 staff rest parry, gives you all you want to do your job as a bg/support healer.

For small grp/solo id deffo go 50 staff mid 30's enhance(at whichever level you prefer) 7 rejuv rest parry, spam Holy staff-Excommunicate both have heals and nice damage. Gives you side chain with stun aswell if you can land it.

Oh and personally i dont think parry is useless. Its far from a shield but if you max it in your template you will feel it when facing single weapon enemies.

My spec currently is 50 staff 38 enhance 7 rejuv 18 parry

E_E

Loyal Freddie
44 staff 49 enhance

Good grp spec and solid melee for solo... A friars job is ont to heal but BG/grapple and stop assist train and interrupt ofc..

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
the new offensive heal proc in enhance line is totally crazy, heals every 2nd hit when i use it on my friar and with the lvl 25 style i can kill a red con easily with crap gear and end up with 90%+ hp, almost full mana and low end

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
tested my spec a bit out yesterday with 50s 42 enhance used stardrop to beef buffs up.

on an unbuffed friar (non specs had base) i was hitting for 400 with holy staff and nearly 600 with excommunicate. fully buffed friar was hitting for 260 unstyled 300 styled with holy staff and about 360 with excommunicate, the proc on ecxommunicate hit for roughtly 120 (cant remember if i included that in 360)

now if i can find a lifetap proccing fast staff should be interesting to get heals back from lifetap, proc off excommunicate, heal off excommunicate and heal of offensive proc.

dont think there are any staff that proc a heal or are they?

might respec out of static tempest and into wild healing mastery of healing to boost proc heals, as i have nothing in rejuve line, think rejuve might increase heal proc return but not sure.

on another note my Bg friar chaff owned most things in the bg yesterday, was touch and go with a beserker but that was becasue style chain didn't go off as planed. I demolished a BD, killed healer in 2-3 swings and then killed bd in about the same, vamps were a long fight him healing from hot me healing from procs was close but got there in the end, even managed to win against another when i was resting at half health.

2 on one i tend to get owned, but the procs definetly make bgs more fun.

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
I was musing over a PvE spec with a bb.

Does anyone have a comment on something like:

50 staff
30 enh
29 parry
9 rej (for cure disease)

I beefed up parry because 50 styles off parry (or so i understand from character builder). Or maybe I should drop enh even more?! Comments appreciated!

duact

Fledgling Freddie
ran with 49 ench 44rej friar last night was quite uuber, not that you need staff for anything exept killing pets and that a friar is quite shit at even with 50 staff.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Mybuddies said:
I was musing over a PvE spec with a bb.

Does anyone have a comment on something like:

50 staff
30 enh
29 parry
9 rej (for cure disease)

I beefed up parry because 50 styles off parry (or so i understand from character builder). Or maybe I should drop enh even more?! Comments appreciated!

excommunicate styles of holy staff which is anytime, so no need really to go parry with 50 staff.

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
excommunicate styles of holy staff which is anytime, so no need really to go parry with 50 staff.

OK, char builder was out of date!

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
tested my spec a bit out yesterday with 50s 42 enhance used stardrop to beef buffs up.

on an unbuffed friar (non specs had base) i was hitting for 400 with holy staff and nearly 600 with excommunicate. fully buffed friar was hitting for 260 unstyled 300 styled with holy staff and about 360 with excommunicate, the proc on ecxommunicate hit for roughtly 120 (cant remember if i included that in 360)

now if i can find a lifetap proccing fast staff should be interesting to get heals back from lifetap, proc off excommunicate, heal off excommunicate and heal of offensive proc.

dont think there are any staff that proc a heal or are they?

might respec out of static tempest and into wild healing mastery of healing to boost proc heals, as i have nothing in rejuve line, think rejuve might increase heal proc return but not sure.

on another note my Bg friar chaff owned most things in the bg yesterday, was touch and go with a beserker but that was becasue style chain didn't go off as planed. I demolished a BD, killed healer in 2-3 swings and then killed bd in about the same, vamps were a long fight him healing from hot me healing from procs was close but got there in the end, even managed to win against another when i was resting at half health.

2 on one i tend to get owned, but the procs definetly make bgs more fun.

Duskwood Flurry from 9.1 has a lifetab proc and its fast. Has crappy stats for a melee friar though.

Ryo

Fledgling Freddie
Legean said:
According to Catacombs Charactor buildier http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Friar

and playing my own Friar i dont remember it being a back style at all and infact dont remember a friar having a back style - only a side style in Friars Friend.

please note that the charactor buildier HASN'T been updated for 1.82 yet

It was a back style before patch. I have been inactive for 2 years and just came back a month ago and redid all my quickbars and remember holy staff being a back style from playing. Also it was at the lowest quickbar slot, where I put the back styles on all the chars I play. But as it seems I have to prove it, heres a recent screenshot from before the patch where you can see the backpositional widget, that is now gone in 1.82:Holy staff as backstyle before patch

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
I decide to spec mine to 50 enh, 39 staff, 15 rej, 9 parry.

PvE-wise i've got no complaints so far but I've still got to figure out what the best fighting technique is solo.

With my previous pre-1.82 spec (49 enh, 39 staff, 15 rej, 13 parry) my main solo PvE technique was

1) Counter Evade+Friar's Boon

2) Counter Evade+Friar's Fury

repeating 2) until Friar's Fury goes off and then repeating from 1) which worked pretty well for me.

Hopefully trying my friar out in RvR this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom