Best Friar 1.82 rvr spec, ideas/comments?

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
I was just looking at some Friar specs and thought about..

49 Enh
32 Rejuv
29 Staff
8 Parry

49 Enh I left high for res but not sure how needed this is for rvr (cold/heat). If I read it right you also get Inquisitor's Redemption and Protection from Heresy (please correct me if I am wrong), and do they stack?
32 Rejuv gets you the basic HoT which should now be boosted over 37hp in new patch as well as Prophet's Conviction self insta for 25% chance proc grp heal for 60hp in melee. As well as the usual cure poison etc..
29 Staff is a little lower that I would like as 39 gets the FAE 50 Heal
8 Parry is from remaining stats as I heard parry is shite in rvr.

Anyone got other thoughts on this or better ideas with reasons etc..?

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
I think I'd go for 49 ench (25% proc for 100hp self heal for 20 min is plain uber+red resists), 25 rej (no need to get it as high as 32, imo, 30s group heal proc buff for 60 hp does not look too impressive to me, can live with 45 one ), and 34 staff for anytimer with 50 group heal and higher weaponskill.rest (12) in parry.

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
I thought 39 was the 50 staff heal :eek6:

39 Friar's Fury - Pre-Requisite: Counter Evade - Effect: FAE 50 Heal

If its 34 then u have v gd point :>

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Yepp its at 39...and the specc looks quite decent :)...but as Valg said...32 gives u nothing special 33 gives u a higher heal :)
so something like 49 Ench , 33 Rej , 29 Staff and rest (3) Parry...otherwise just lower Rej to 25 and put more points to staff/parry

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Twoeye said:
Yepp its at 39...and the specc looks quite decent :)...but as Valg said...32 gives u nothing special 33 gives u a higher heal :)
so something like 49 Ench , 33 Rej , 29 Staff and rest (3) Parry

Funny thing, just as you were posting that.. I looked at that very spec on the char builder lol. I actually agree that its better with 33 rej.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
hehe....but as i also said.....25 Rej , 49 Ench , 34 Staff and 12 Parry works quite good....thats what i got on my Friar atm...but have been looking in to the 33 Rej one :)

archorz

Fledgling Freddie
any reason why u guys goin such low staff and parry? i have a friar but not sure on a spec:)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
archorz said:
any reason why u guys goin such low staff and parry? i have a friar but not sure on a spec:)
For FG rvr u dont need that high staff ur better off playing a support role then the bigger heal comes in handy and 49 enha for all 3 red resists, if solo id get a bot and go 50 staff:)

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Yep apparantly parry is toss, heard from many people including the drunken friar forum that its really a waste of stats. As for low staff..

at 29 you get Friars Boon (Med Fatigue / High Dmg / Med Atk Bonus)
at 34 you get Holy Staff (High Fatigue / Med Dmg / Low atk Bonus)
at 39 you get Friars Fury which has lots of other bits including an opening Style

Based on the new adds to the Friar 39 staff is a nice level to get but it takes heavy points away from rejuv. From my limited experience in rvr u dont get the time to chain off opening style 1 followed by style 2 then fumble then try again etc.. etc.. by that time u r already dead. At 34 there doesnt seem to be any "significant" bonus to the style from the one at 29 and the next lowest new style add-on for 1.82 is at lvl 25.

So basiclly for staff heals it goes..
25 Banish - Pre-Requisite: Friar's Friend - Effect: 50 hit group heal
39 Friar's Fury - Pre-Requisite: Counter Evade - Effect: FAE 50 Heal

again the staff lvl 25 needs another opening style to get the heal.

So..

lvl 29 staff appeared to be the best option for mid range fatigue, high dmg with some bonus and no opening style, and it leaves enough points to get max res buffs and enough to get some good heals at lvl 33 (307hp from major heal)

Thats why i put staff at 29 :> and as Valg rightly says.. support class more important

archorz

Fledgling Freddie
ok, what about +skill u goin +11 rej or +11 enh or both or neither? :))

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
archorz said:
ok, what about +skill u goin +11 rej or +11 enh or both or neither? :))
neither only +skill one might add is +11 staff for some mega p00n:) but depending or ur role its not a must in a temp imo, a ok way to go is make a temp to heal with mace and shield(and use BM styles for less end use) and if u go into dmg mode u smack em with tarts.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
So what would a good solo rvr/small group rvr spec be for friar now?

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
i was gonna toy with the idear of useing a very fast weapon and sheild with the spec

49 ench
44 rej

i dunno if thats possible .. but toon builder says it is ?

the 44 rej will give you the v nice grp HOT .. it heals for about 150 afaik every 3 sec's for 30 sec's /. might be nice to drop at the start of the fight

as a BG friar i dont play offencive its mainly BGing / graple heal/ res when i can if not BGing

im thinking if i use a fast weapon would that reduce the cost of using the BM styles ?

as for going staff im staff / enhance at mo and my targets are mainly tank train .. i can hit one of them a lot but one heal from a healer and all my work is wasted ..

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Wild, that's a not uncommon BG friar spec, using Battlemaster styles.

Darzil

Napshot

Fledgling Freddie
44 reju, 49 ench, 4 parry use ml styles and support back up heal :D

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Wild said:
i was gonna toy with the idear of useing a very fast weapon and sheild with the spec

49 ench
44 rej

i dunno if thats possible .. but toon builder says it is ?

the 44 rej will give you the v nice grp HOT .. it heals for about 150 afaik every 3 sec's for 30 sec's /. might be nice to drop at the start of the fight

as a BG friar i dont play offencive its mainly BGing / graple heal/ res when i can if not BGing

im thinking if i use a fast weapon would that reduce the cost of using the BM styles ?

as for going staff im staff / enhance at mo and my targets are mainly tank train .. i can hit one of them a lot but one heal from a healer and all my work is wasted ..

Gonna spec this when Im done leveling CTR ;)
Currently on the 34rejuv(2nd HoT) 29staff(boon) 48enh(warlock nerf?)

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
The cast time on spec heal will be lowered next patch or was it planned for this one?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
39 staff, 50 enhance, 18 rejuv might be interesting, mainly for those who want decent melee but a bit of rejuv for decreased variation.

34 staff, 50 enhance, 25 rejuv, 7 parry for the first HoT, fairly good at everything.

I'll stick to my old spec though! :p

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
do these to stack or not? haven't tested it yet..

rejuve line.

32 Prophet's Conviction - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a Group Heal for 60 hit points. 1000 units range

enhance line.

40 Inquisitor's Redemption - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a PBAE (250 radius) Heal for 100 hit points.

?

:m00:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:

rejuve line.

32 Prophet's Conviction - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a Group Heal for 60 hit points. 1000 units range

enhance line.

40 Inquisitor's Redemption - Self instant cast/30 seconds duration/30 seconds recast. 25% chance to proc a PBAE (250 radius) Heal for 100 hit points.

?

They don't stack - both are offensive procs, and you can only have one per character.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:

rejuve line.

enhance line.

?

They don't stack - both are offensive procs, and you can only have one per character.

Darzil

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
So they are pretty much useless for a no-offense (BG/healing) friar, as they are selfcast only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom