Best Films of 2014.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Just watched Whiplash.

Fuck me with a drumstick; truly outstanding film making. I add this to my top 3 which becomes my top 4.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Just watched Whiplash.

Fuck me with a drumstick; truly outstanding film making. I add this to my top 3 which becomes my top 4.

It's good innit? I like the lad in it as well, the scarry lad.

Have a read about the editing for the final scene and about the drummers etc it's really interesting.

Trem

Linkage Trem?

A bit here - http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompson...hiplash-finale-with-editor-tom-cross-20150109

I read that the final scene took 3 days to do and that the guy is nominated for an oscar for the editing. Also the lad with the scars is a pretty good drummer but not a jazz drummer but the other actor/drummer in the film (the auburn haired one) is actually a proper jazz drummer and he trained scar face how to play jazz properly.

I will ask the wife to find the full article later as I am fucking useless.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I forgot about '71 (Same lad from Starred Up).

Fucking scary and brilliant at the same time.

I watched this last night. It's fantastic.

I don't know what it is about Irish terrorists (as depicted in the media) but they seem more scary than anyone else I've watched. Perhaps it's the accent and the steely gazes.

Trem

I watched this last night. It's fantastic.

I don't know what it is about Irish terrorists (as depicted in the media) but they seem more scary than anyone else I've watched. Perhaps it's the accent and the steely gazes.
It was always the knee-capping that did it for me, that always got in my head when I was a kid, hearing stories about the IRA punishing people by doing this to them.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I finally got around to watching Nightcrawler, damn that is a great performance from Gyllenhall or whatever his name is.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I finally got around to watching Nightcrawler, damn that is a great performance from Gyllenhall or whatever his name is.

Liked it, good film and he does play the part really well. quite a disturbed individual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom