TV Best ending to a TV series?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
If you had to pick one ending to a series as your personal pick what would it be and why?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cowboy Bebop because it's got a proper story arc and a proper fucking non-standard ending.

Sure, on the way there's a few weak episodes (especially early on) but in general it's great.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Mine is probably regarded as cheesy but i really liked the ending to the Spartacus show. Maybe the underlying message appealed to me or maybe the fact it was loosely based on a real event and person i have an interest in.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
In recent times probably Breaking Bad. The whole 2nd half of season 5 was just epic television.

Definitely not Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Burn Notice, Californication or most other shows from recent times.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just in case - if you're actually going to give away any details of an ending, spoiler tag that bit, K?

K.

:)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I think i'll just stay out of this thread as i'm only going to end up read something I shouldn't

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Dexter! Oh no wait, that sucked ass.

Of all the ones I have watched beginning to end, I'd probably actually go with House. Nice bit of bromance :)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Don't think I have a favourite but some certainly have stuck in my head:

Babylon 5 - possibly the only show that ever had two finales. They thought they were about to be cancelled at the end of season 4, shot a finale, but got a last minute renewal so ended up filming another. Both were pretty damn good.

BSG - sure the last season was ropey in places and plenty of plot-threads were never resolved or explained but I thought the series finale was a good resolution for all the characters.

Six Feet Under - that's how you do an epilogue to a series.

Xena - fitting end to an under-rated show.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Don't think I have a favourite but some certainly have stuck in my head:

Babylon 5 - possibly the only show that ever had two finales. They thought they were about to be cancelled at the end of season 4, shot a finale, but got a last minute renewal so ended up filming another. Both were pretty damn good.

BSG - sure the last season was ropey in places and plenty of plot-threads were never resolved or explained but I thought the series finale was a good resolution for all the characters.

Six Feet Under - that's how you do an epilogue to a series.

Xena - fitting end to an under-rated show.

BSG??? "God did it". Fucking terrible ending.

For me;

Blackadder Goes Forth
Angel (Buffy wasn't bad either)
ST:TNG
Roseanne

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh I forgot about Blackadder. That came up in the "heartbreaking" thread as well. :(

Zarjazz

BSG??? "God did it". Fucking terrible ending.

That old chestnut. People always end picking that line when criticising the finale which I have to laugh at since it was never meant to be taken literally.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
That old chestnut. People always end picking that line when criticising the finale which I have to laugh at since it was never meant to be taken literally.

That was just the worst bit, but "mitochondrial Eve" was just as bad. Chariots of The Gods levels of bad.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I dunno, I thought it was an absolutely wanky end to it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sopranos is probably one of the most talked about but not because it was especially good. I don't know how they could've ended it though.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Season 5 finale of Supernatural was pretty good. It was supposed to end there but it got a late renewal and now it's on 11 seasons and counting.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
if i had to pick one it would be deep space 9 actually cried a bit when this ended after 7 seasons was so invested in and that last shot pulling away from DS9 omg still chokes me. how they tied it all up over the last few episodes was fantastic. and it was a bitter sweet ending definately deserved a movie and its a proper crime it never got one.

but other mentions i have to say

babylon 5 as already stated should have ended after 4 seasons but was given another hence why 5 is a bit shaky (byron why!) but still a fantastic ending

quantum leap i know it aint the best show and there were some proper shit episodes but i thought it resolved its self really well and the ending was kinda nice but tragic at same time.

blackadder goes forth. a master class in how to end a series.

friends a proper sad ending

my list of failures are

enterprise what a cop out that ending was didnt deserve such a piss poor finish

falling skies one of the best sci fi shows ive ever seen its def in my top 5. but the ending was a self indulgent piece of shit that proper let the whole thing down

BSG revival again loved it all the way through and the ending was good but i just felt the whole god wants it this way thing was a fucking cop out.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sopranos.
Can't believe we got to post 19 before that came up.
Sopranos is probably one of the most talked about but not because it was especially good. I don't know how they could've ended it though.
Totally disagree, it went to show that Tony was caught in the same snare as all of the rest of them.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I agree House is probably my favourite. I also liked The West Wing ending.

Zarjazz

Sopranos ending was good but not great, I feel the same about Breaking Bad too. Maybe it's because I feel like a series ending should give some kind of resolution or cathartic wrap-up of everything that's gone before. I didn't get that from either, even though each were pretty "final" :LOL:

quantum leap i know it aint the best show and there were some proper shit episodes but i thought it resolved its self really well and the ending was kinda nice but tragic at same time.

blackadder goes forth. a master class in how to end a series.

Blackadder for sure and I totally agree about Quantum Leap. It was surprising sad and melancholic.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Can I put a youtube thing of the end of Sopranos ? Then anyone who hasn't seen it already can FUCK RIGHT OFF !! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom