Best defence of CK?

Which realm is the best in defending CK situations?

• Total voters

Zdeath

Banned
Sorry for a pointless poll, I just wanted to know what you all think of this.

Which realm holds the best defence of CK?

Imo, I think Albion. Purely because they have Scouts, Wizards, Theurgists and sorc ae mezz is deadly :).

Dorimor1

Banned
Albion because... Wizard bolts, Cabalist AE DoT, Scouts and Infils - I have never had trouble defending or attacking against the other realms.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Hibernia to be honest, they'll just shroom the frecking entrance so you can't get in anymore :p

Dorimor1

Banned
Rhori said:
Hibernia to be honest, they'll just shroom the frecking entrance so you can't get in anymore :p

Shrooms are annoying but they have crap range and die easily

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Albs have been defending like mad the last few days, when hibs shoot down a wall, its insta fixed when not under attack. There is a very dedicated cleric around those walls ;)

Also from all realms, albs are the top ck huggers. So yeah, its harder to take.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
Shrooms are annoying but they have crap range and die easily
you're talking about thid, Molvik, Lairvik or Main RvR? :p
Because, last time I was in Molvik with my scout, we had trouble trying to take over the keep with all those shrooms at lord entrance

E_E said:
Albs i guees, (fear my xbow)
you say alb, but vote for Midgard. This does not compute :p

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Illudian said:
There is a very dedicated cleric around those walls ;)
Also from all realms, albs are the top ck huggers. So yeah, its harder to take.

1st...i agree, albs camp ck wen they got it ZzzzZZ!!!11!112
2nd...that "very dedicated cleric" is a BB that sum1 leaves on the wall and on their infil camps ck island, i have fought him (4get name) and won..but also seen the cleric just spamming small heals (doesnt do much wit disease :p) and then the cleric trys to rez..after rez buffs, heals, infils stealths, cleric stands on the wall pretty much afk....hmm "very dedicated cleric" ?? :twak:

we used to have a decent active cleric in thid, stayed in ck healing people, repairing doors etc. he was pre nf though :p dunno if anyone remembers him, Bookworm.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Hibernia

3 Main reasons-

1. Animist shrooms scare people (serious, people will not enter the lords room if someone mentions theres a Shroom field there)

2. Banshee, CAOE through walls > people walking up stairs.

3. Nearsight, important part of defence, and Light is the most popular line in for eldys.

Other strong points-

1. Vamps, perfect shock tanks
2. 2 Pbaoe class's instead of 1 in other realms.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
we used to have a decent active cleric in thid, stayed in ck healing people, repairing doors etc. he was pre nf though :p dunno if anyone remembers him, Bookworm.

i remember him, he was the best thid cleric i'd ever seen.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
2. 2 Pbaoe class's instead of 1 in other realms.

well necros can pb too..
altho so can anis (but verd only good at lvl 50 tbh, takes too much power otherwise)

Mordenaar

Fledgling Freddie
Albs or hibs imo.

Both have 'pet spam' (ani/theurg)
Both have lots of aoe stuff. aoe dot (more on alb) bard/eld/sorc aoe mezz, PBAOE (more on hib)
Both have decent healing classes.
Both have some nice insta-interupting tanks (reaver/champ/VW etc)
Both have nice casters. assisting casters in any realm is deadly (and should be nerfed)

polza

Loyal Freddie
Mordenaar said:
Both have nice casters. assisting casters in any realm is deadly (and should be nerfed)

nerf assistin tanks aswell then :)

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
am i think we are all forgettin summa here........
Albs are by far the best defence of CK... i mean really lets let the proof talk for itself... they always have it... they always have enough gah chars statndin on the walls to heal or add on fights and they have enough chars to bombard the rams with nukes and make it unbelievabky hard to take....

so it all comes down to numbers...FACT!!!!!!

imo hibs are best at taking it quick due to the geographical advantage from behind CK and that not much action goes on over hib side as is renound for MB, so they can lightly treb the walls till it has more holes in it than cheese and then blitz the CK with casters gallore,

Mids have a major disadvantage here,there MB is postioned at the side of CK and lets face it everyone goes over the bridge,this side is always highly armed with people, and unless there is a zerg it is very hard to get trebs etc organised and a good attack executed.....

Albs on the other hand are prolly the best positioned with the entrance to the keep at the other side of there bridge, another huge advantage,unlike the other to realms who usually cant get in the keep til there are holes in it and by then it is far to late, the albs can casually walk in there and man the walls or repair the walls which i think alb are the only active seige crafters in thid,

just my 2cents but in all it comes down to the numbers everytime..

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
theres always another side to every story,
for mids they sometimes have the adv:
1)set 3 trebs at mb
2)put mids in twr of mb, on mb, at shore..so u got a few WLs, and runies on mb to bolt everything
3)the 3 trebs will rape the wall if they MA..make 2 holes
4)mids can then hit ck door wit 1 treb..like, come on thats worth sumthing tbh

ah well, the list goes on for all realms....this is too open of a discussion imo to reach a just result coz everybody thinks their realm isnt oped...ive played all 3 at some point, and i tink they are all oped...if u can use them correctly ofc !

Dorimor1

Banned
Yea are right Trigger, but don't forget Mids are facing the inner door, so they have a huge advantage when it comes to storming the keep, where as other realms have to go into the courtyard, where god knows whos waiting for them there (bolts, PBAOE, AE dot of dooom) so really mids can just treb the door down, then charge in.

rynnor

Rockhound
Hibs are the worst at taking a defended keep - reason being the majority play low con races and most of them are casters - with some gtae at various points and the odd strategic bolt I find they die fastest - before vamps they barely had any tanks (even hybrids) at all and keep taking (with rams) is tank work.

Hibs are good at making holes in the walls but really we often leave em open to bring them into range for slaughter - you only need a couple of decent wizards inside keep to prevent hibs from taking.

I have seen hibs fielding bards on the ram and even casters - whereas mid and alb always have a few tanks about for ram/tanking lord.

I have also noticed that hibs need the most people to actually kill the lord - again down to lack of tanks - caster v lord is mostly a waste of power.

Alb has it easiest with spamming theurge pets meaning everyone hits and lord dies fast. Mids are somewhere in between.

Currently playing: Terrain - Arf Ogre in blue -Earth Wizzie or Lochaber -Rejuve Cleric

rynnor

Rockhound
TriggerHappy said:
just my 2cents but in all it comes down to the numbers everytime..

Not really - it comes down to having the right classes in the keep - I have sucessfully defended against much greater numbers before purely because we had a decent healer and a couple of casters with ae/gtae.

Its about attrition - at all times the enemy are within the ck they should be given no rest and no time to heal up or even plan - interrupt and harass them - you can even sneak out and fix walls or inner door to seal em in then pick em off - my favourite tactic for comedy value :)

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Hib, for reasons already given by others :)

And talking of clerics theres only one proper rej/smite cleric that i can think of from all my time in thid, remember him especially around the time of the ending of old thid and the begining of NF thid.

He used to run solo tho he was healing anyone and everyone. Dressed all in black, had a pretty short name, was a great player and a real nice bloke but for the life of me i cant remember what that name was.

u know who u are m8 so plzzzz pm me with what ur name was if u read this coz its really buggin me lol

more clues: he used to have a real strong necro aswell and a theurg both solo. think the clerics name began with C...or M...damn lame memory :(

p.s. sorry for goin off topic :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
The OP mentioned Theurgs ?

If you were talking open field, or attacking keeps, then agreed, they are good.

Defending keeps, their pets won't path out of the keep, so they are useless. Makes Theurgs into Ice Wizards without debuff or pbaoe, if they are Ice or Earth specced.

Darzil

CuddleBunny!

Banned
if albs in thid werent so clueless they would have been the best defenders... wizzards, scouts, sorcs, cabbies and theus on wall/outside doors, and you have merc's and infils with make really hard hit'n'run classes, infil pa's and gets away before people react, a couple of good merc's that suddenly rush the enemy can easily scare them off.

hibs could be good if they had all the right classes in thid - but they dont. mostly enchanters and bards and rangers. sure they got shrooms, but in thidranki shrooms is really not a threat if the enemies have some skill, one or two target aoe from firewizzies(wich there is shitloads of) kills a shroomfield.

mids have alot of strong melee classes that can run down the enemy force if executed properly, they have runemasters wich 2-bolt nearly every caster, they have SM's wich very annoying and interuptive pets - as well as PA class with twohanded weapon.

its all very equal in thidranki(thats the way mythic wanted it to be..) and the ball ends up in the most skilled players hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom