Best albums of 2004?

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
mank said:
Gurnox, as much as I love you and love that post with all my heart...

...It was Nicky who made the AIDs comment, not Richey. I've got it on mp3 because I'm hardcore.

Oh bugger :)

Well, other than the mental illness bits, it still holds true.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Gurnox said:
Look, I can understand people wanting to rip of Richard Edwards (With the whole 'I hope xxx gets AIDS thing') but there are a few things you must realise:

- He suffered from severe mental illness.
- He contributed to the world by way of some amazing lyrics.
- He was a genius
- He apologised for his comments when he realised that they were a tad out of order.

As far as I can make out, you do not suffer from mental illness. You have certainly not written a song that can be compared to, say, 'Faster' or 'Revol' and, believe me, you are no genius.

So there is only one thing left that you can do to truly live up to someone who is, quite blatantly, your idol.

But still, I may be wrong. After all, this has been known to happen. If this is the case, I will leave you with a thought:

This is a nice safe internet forum where you can, pretty much, get away with what you want. If you were to come out with the sort of shit that you come out with on here in the real world you would, and probably will at some point in the near future, get quite a severe and righteous kicking.

So, and I've been waiting to use this one for a while (Cheers Trem!), wind yer neck in twatbag!

I had no idea someone from the Manics had made an AIDS reference - I don't pay attention to much that they do, given that they suck almost as much cock as you do over a weekend. I have heard Jeremy Clarkson make a similar comment on national TV (comparing two gearboxes to botulism and rabies), but I can't say he inspired me either.

Can't say I'm the one who needs to wind my neck in - you're the one causing a fuss over a fairly innocuous simile (I was after bad stuff, diseases were pretty bad last time i checked). A kicking in real life? I doubt that. Not everyone irl is as highly strung as your average internet forum user. Why do you think I love winding them up?

Anyway you were after an apology well here you go. I'm sorry you're a patronising gimp with no recognisable sense of humour or personality. It really isn't my fault you can't take a joke. Maybe this is the wrong forum for you?

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
This argument is very boring and very shit.

That is all.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
leggy said:
Chutes too Narrow was 2003 not 2004. But let me say that this is one of the best albums I have bought for years. Utter blinder of an LP.
In the US it was 2003 in the UK it was 2004. I think.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Gurnox said:
So, and I've been waiting to use this one for a while (Cheers Trem!), wind yer neck in twatbag!

NOOOOOOO! It was never meant to be used against Bodhi, hes my chum :(

Luckily though Bodhi is from my neck of the woods so at least he knows what it means :D

Whats this Chute cd you speak of Leggy? If it is the Scissor Sisters I aren't giving you any this weekend :eek:

IMO they sound like a cross between Elton John and someone else. I really like the people in the band when they are interviewed but I dislike their music as much as carrots.

Samm made a cracking chicken pie the other week then decided to put carrots in it ffs!

Edited to say - Why did I say that to you Gurnox? Seems a bit harsh for me tbh. Maybe I had just eaten a GOD DAMN FUCKING CARROT ARRRRRRRRRGHGHGHGHGHG!£!*(&$(*

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Trem said:
IMO they sound like a cross between Elton John and someone else.

Bee Gees. :D

I don't mind them, saw them twice, very entertaining. Never bothered to buy the album.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
The bird in the group has great waps though.

leggy

Probably Scottish
maxi said:
In the US it was 2003 in the UK it was 2004. I think.

Indeed it was, sorry. My mistake. Either way well worthy of an addition

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Trem said:
NOOOOOOO! It was never meant to be used against Bodhi, hes my chum :(

[snip]

Edited to say - Why did I say that to you Gurnox? Seems a bit harsh for me tbh. Maybe I had just eaten a GOD DAMN FUCKING CARROT ARRRRRRRRRGHGHGHGHGHG!£!*(&$(*

Hahahaha... I'd got pissed one night and had a big, paranoid and girly moan about the TOC. I was rightfully crucified for such silliness. You did mention that you were very tired at the time though :)

As for it being used against your chums. Sorry dude, but once you open that Pandoras box..... ;)

Anyway, back on topic. There's already a contender for best album of 2005. New Chemical Brothers. Cracking album!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Gurnox said:
Anyway, back on topic. There's already a contender for best album of 2005. New Chemical Brothers. Cracking album!

Well, if you wanted to stay on topic you could talk about the best albums of 2004.

Oh the Chem Bros album is pretty dire compared to what they're capable of. But then again if you lower your standards enough to find the Scissor Sisters talented.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom