Best Albion Class? In your Opinions..

M

Mills

Basically, i want to no what peoples views are and what you think is the Best albion class and why? ... Why? Because some people moan about being underpowered, some people moan about looking crap, and some people just moan... :p

Ive never seen a thread like this before, but there has probably been one....Nerf my intellicutally challenged brain imo... :(

However im just interested.. im sure some other people are as well.. So here go's.

Basically as well as the playabitlity of the class, i want you to base your favoruite class and explaniation on:

a) How fun it is to play.

b) Its skills and abilitys

c) How much skill the person needs to play it

d) How good it looks using its abilitys and in general

e) How useful it is as well..solo and groups.

f) How well it does against the enemy!!! :D

g) Its vareity of spec etc

If you have anything to add give me a private message and i will
add it in or take things away depending.. lets get this up and running and say by the december the 1st.. The top 3 classes will be put up for the vote to find out what peoples favoruite and best Albion class...

Happy voting and please include an explanation so people can flame you :D ... and no.. Rambo is not a class :p hehe

Good Luck!

M

mavericky

From a mid perspective I would say Mincers are best. The flexability is the key (not saying they are over powered in any single area but can do so many things)

They are able to solo (stealth, speed, IP, SoS)

Able to group well (supply speed to group)

Able to group with stealthers well (instant stun, AOE mezz)

Able to help in keep takes climb wall etc

All in all from an outside view it appears to be a very versitile and therefore flexible class which could keep the player entertained for a long time

Oh and charming mobs could be fun too

B

Brelakor.

I would say that what matches all those points for me, would have to be a Friar.

You solo good, look nice while doing it and can commit random acts of kindness :)

F

frogster

I agree with him ^
Just got ma friar to lvl 44 and he rox my sox tbh ;o

C

chretien

Paladin, no group is ever unhappy to see a paladin join. They are the best aggro management class in the game. You can tank, gutter rez, round up all the aggro from everything ever, save people arses when they are in trouble with an insta taunt and you can make one person pretty much immune to missile/melee damage by engaging for them. Then there's the group chants... which are nice.

J

Jebelious

it all depends on your style of play! i like casters really, i play a wind theurg with pbt, is fun to play hard nukes, pets etc. wizzies are kewl also.

T

Traia

The most fun Albion class I've played is Friar for sure. Looks pretty, heals, buffs and has cool staff styles. Reasonable to solo with, and used to be good in groups. Friar has a major bug at the moment, in that BoF does not stack with the friar absorb buff... and also their lack of determination has made them less wanted in groups. Friar is reasonably easy to get to grips with, but requires a lot of skill to play perfectly.

The second best Albion class I've played is Cleric, they have a variation of specs, and are always wanted in groups, this takes more skill in general than friar, but less to perfect. The BoF realm ability is great! Spell effects and casting animations are nice also.

The worst and hardest Albion class I've played is Sorceress, normally receiving 25% of the rp's compared to the rest of the group due to dieing far too fast. You can't play this class unless you are highly skilled at it, the instant mez of both the other realms makes it very challenging to get your mez off before they are in range. Determination RA has also made the usefulness of this class questionable. Saying all this, there are a wide variety of different specs to choose from, and petting some crazy mob's can be fun.

L

lakih

Mincer or Friar... Pally on 3rd place

Other than that (havent played Albion much) Wizard seems rather fun - singleminded but good on what its doing... Cabalist - DoT's is always fun :)

O

old.linnet

Sorc is a very good class (although all casters have issues at the moment). Very flexible, fun to play, and the different specs really do play very differently. Pets are also fun. It seems a better designed class than a minstrel (not very hard, that - whoever thought of the idea of throwing a load of fun abilities into one class and then making it a pain to use any of them at the same time needs a kicking).

Hard work in RvR, but I think sorcerer of any spec is probably one of the more powerful casters in the game. Played well, you can take out anyone.

I

ilum

Good question, and not that easy to answer.

If it was for Midgard, I would say Healer.
If it was Hibernia, I would say Bard.

We all know that casters are basically

- Harder to play
- More abilities
- Larger variety of spec

But casters suffer in RvR, and Albion doesnt have any high utility support classes such as Healer or Bard.

Some candidates that comes to mind:

- Sorcerer
- Minstrel
- Theurgist
- Cleric

I think I'm gonna go with Sorcerer to be honest. While it's hard to play and has survival issues, in the hands of a experienced and skilled player, it will probably be the single class with most impact in battles. Bolt range AE mezz, decent AE root, DD, debuffer, pet, lifetaps - lots of instruments available to the class.

You might also notice that my 3 picks from all realms ended up on the main CC class, which is probably not a coincidence. CC has a major impact on battles in RvR - a bit more than Id prefer.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

wizards are very ineffective in rvr unless in very specific situations; i.e. you're above rr5 lvl 8 and have moc, vp and purge, are ice spec, and are grouped with 2 other ice wizzies and the rest of the group is opted :p don't listen to these mad people, don't roll one, you'll be sorry!

i also think that paladins are very boring to play; i think that minstrels, sorcerers and cabalists are the most fun as you tend to have a lot of things to do, although the demand for cabalists in emain is limited at best.

C

Cyradix

Mincers might be a good class now, but I still remember them being the most boring class in albion. You could just go afk in a group for several hours. As long as your song kept playing nobody would mind :D

L

liste

if you're into casters, go Sorc. its by far the best caster in albion, and probably the best in the game as well. it is the most challenging class i've played, and will be very rewarding to play well.

if you're into tanks, reavers are good, and look fun. They are highly underrated, and not your standard tank. Playing this class to its best, is not easy either.

T

the_smurflord

I'd have to go along with Minstrels as well. Not overpowered, but just so damned versitile. They have a role to play in any type of group and situation.

Also an easy class to get to grips with, but a hard one to play well.

M

Mills

So far we have then in no particular order

Sorcerer
Minstrel
Friar
Cleric
Paladin
Reaver
Cabalist-Wizard-Theurgist.
Infiltrator
Scout

At least we have some runners so far.. keep the your choices ad reasons comming in... going strong so far :) .... Time for my vote me thinks....

Personally i love playing my paladin.. It has a good use in rvr.... either guarding clerics, Sorcerers or going for healers/druids and wardens. I lioke my Paladin becuase altho hes a gimpy highlander with 50 sheild.. He does tank like a god, can farm money extremly fast with or without a buffbot...and atm altho im only rr3 l4 with passive ras (mob2 mop2) i did take a shaman/Zerker combo in df about 1 week back.. i came out with no visible health like... but still...

I like what i can do on my paladin and the fact i can always get a group or solo and Paladins have a certain respect in the game.. Good paladins that is.. Dont tink im quite in the big leagues yet.. but when i get my Crafted armour with sc and alchemy and hit rr5 i think i might be getting their :D

I also like playing my iddul Minstrel, he rocks. Ive played a Sorcerer and am thinking about leveling one up, i also liked playig Cabalists, Mercs, Infils and Rejuv Clerics. Never really rolled a friar before and level him to see what their potential is.. BUt i think i may try.....

Anyway,

Paladin
Sorcerer
Cleric

In My Opinion :)

Simply becuase i love meh Paladin :D

C

Coren

Originally posted by Cyradix
Mincers might be a good class now, but I still remember them being the most boring class in albion. You could just go afk in a group for several hours. As long as your song kept playing nobody would mind :D

Sigh, those were the days... :)

N

)nick(

Minstrel and sorc.

Minstrel because of the versatility, and a sorc because of the challenge. A good sorc really stands out, in comparison to say an offensive tank.

B

bigchief

Originally posted by Mills
So far we have then in no particular order

Sorcerer
Minstrel
Friar
Cleric
Paladin
Reaver
Cabalist-Wizard-Theurgist.
Infiltrator
Scout

So all the people that have rolled fotm mercs all agree its not actually fun? :rolleyes:

M

Mills

If you notice ive listed down the classes that actually ahve a vote or a mention, im the only one so far i believe that has mentioned mercs.. :)

If a fotm Merc wants to post let them.. Or someone wants to post a vote for a fotm merc... Then fair enough :)

O

old.Bubble

If you want to Farm money/PL alts/loads of PvE crap- Necro
RvR- Clerics might be boring to play but you can really tell the difference if you have a good cleric in your group, theres also a lack of really good sorcs atm it seems (not that i know, i haven't RvRed in ages, no one wants a friar)

A

amazingsteve

Originally posted by bigchief
So all the people that have rolled fotm mercs all agree its not actually fun? :rolleyes:

screw fun, givf RPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

old.windforce

i can't choose :(

minstrel is great in RvR, both stealth and grouped rvr. moving at mach5 in general is great

sorc is nice, prolly most fun caster together with the icewiz i sometimes borrow. survivability is my main issue with this one, landing a perfect mezz my reward. pure rvr

infiltrator: rarrrr pure powah, fun to play and nice when no groups around or if i wanna game with some rl friends. pure rvr char

my cleric is great fun , use him for high end PvE and RvR. my highest RR char (830K or so)

my arms is prolly my favorite, teamed with an paladin she outperforms paladin in every aspect (blocking princess 17 times in a row is kinda cool). regretably she is unwanted in RvR groups due to s+s spec so she will remain RR4L9 another eon :(. Det5 and mob3 are her friends

sometimes i wish i made 1 char RR8 or so but the diversity of chars is what makes me still love this game and make it possible for me to do RvR to a decent frequentie without being member of a top RvR guild

T

Teren

cleric ^^

im lvl 49 atm, im 35smite, i kill ac entrance mobs (they are yello/ora) solo ^^ w/ my base buffs + gray specs i have ^^

smiter imho = roxor ^^

40rej/35smite/9enh is my 50 spec btw ^^

L

liste

also, if you want a very good nuker with survivability above that of a wizard, make a Body Cabalist.

Spec lifetaps with a resist debuff (that you also have, in spirit line), nice debuffs, ae disease (wtfpwns!), ghetto heals, and a very strong pet. With MoC, you're pretty much invinsible unless CC'ed

O

ovi-one

A Dead One :D

(Sorry tried to resist but couldn't :( )

Users who are viewing this thread