Berserker obsolete after this patch? - savage better in every way? Make midgard weak?

B

bergelmir

hi, what are your views on the above title, after this patch what advantages will zerkers have over savages? what disadvantages will savages have? Anyone actually they are not gonna nerf left axe that bad? Will 50 2 hand + 50 parry be the best spec? Even with this will a savage be better?

State your thoughts here!

F

Flimgoblin

left axe will still make zerkers more damaging than the average tank...

compared to a warrior/armsman/mercenary/blademaster the zerker will still get more from their styles.

Whether a savage is better than a zerker next patch is down to how overpowered they are ;) as it looks like zerkers are pretty close to everything else....

If savages are a lot better then they're probably just going to get nerfed as well.

Not that the FOTM crowd will learn. Jump on the bandwagon everyone.

O

old.tuppe

Flimgoblin make many valild point, from view of alb/hibs, where isnt any fotm, dont even know what word is?

savage probably is beating zerk in all category, they can go 2h line if want.
dont start so much compare all light tanks between each other, because here we still are in 1.6.
but look like light tanks are doing same dmg, whit this mean bm, merc and zerk.
+ zerk is still missing flurry, shield spec, defense penalty for zerk when vendo, --> no defense penalty tw, dt.
vendo give change to crit average 50% loose all defense and part af, tw give dmg add 50% + all defense still up.

just reminds friar in albs, reaver and 1h damage whit all procs coming close 1k dmg.
new improved VP, 1win button, cannot waite how long it take alb form groups whit 7 wizzies + cleric and all wizzies whit this ra?

group ra:s?

btw, usually its more nice if we know all these whiners whit "zerks and fotm" introduce self and what class they play.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by DocWolfe
savages dont have rat mode!

Heh, maybe at 50 we could get the "Rodent Of Kelgor" ability, where we nibble through keep doors...

F

Flimgoblin

Friars are often touted as being uber - but they're not... they're just always buffed.

The whole buffed versus unbuffed comparison can't be done on a friar - they're their own buffbot.

But, take any other buffed melee class and they'll slaughter the friar.

Friars are great 1vs1... in real RvR they're resistance-bots with a bit of thane melee damage.

edit: don't get me wrong - they're a solid class :) just not quite as overpowered as people seem to think.

K

kinag

Savage > All Midgard Classes :)

But then again, Im playing Albion/Prydwen cause Albion never seem to get nerfs that dmg their class big time :) Paladin > All :)

O

old.tuppe

friar have change buff self, and its part of friar.
like someone say, savage dont get vendo but take vendo away from zerk and you dont see anymore huge hits, like take buffs away friar and friar dont make so good anymore.
friar is good, allmost uber in melee.
enchanter whit debuff+stun+nuke+snaring/nuking pet is uber nuker.

healer is uber in cc but sadly cannot share dmg, but i like healers support route.
every realms has some uber classes, sadly only other realms know what this class is? :D

1234Taz

Savage > any tank in DAoC now

infi/savage/chanters/BD(sup) all need a good nerf :(

K

klavrynd

the 1.62 zerk is a warrior with worse armour, for which you get up evade 3 (which never seens to work anyhow in rvr), no shield, less basedamage, less weaponskill, and vendo

I think rolling a savage will fix you up for only a short time, because now albs and hibs know how the nerf-machine works and pretty soon savage will get his part of the cake as well

O

old.Downanael

Originally posted by klavrynd
the 1.62 zerk is a warrior with worse armour, for which you get up evade 3 (which never seens to work anyhow in rvr), no shield, less basedamage, less weaponskill, and vendo

I think rolling a savage will fix you up for only a short time, because now albs and hibs know how the nerf-machine works and pretty soon savage will get his part of the cake as well

No more hitting me for 960 dmg :(

O

old.LandShark

A 2h savage is better in every way than a zerker even now.
Bezerkers will not be obsolete after this patch, unless you count mercs as being obsolete in THIS patch. Make midgard weak? Eh? Are you asking if Mythic has a grudge against midgard? or are you suggesting that midgard is now a weak realm? Or what...
It's BS either way ;)

A

Aule Valar

if everyone thought like you do then all non fotm classes would be conisdered obselete, and mid would currently be pure zerks, hib pure chanters, and alb... infs i guess
just becasue something isn't overpowered doesn't mean its obselete

O

optical-

dont waste your time rolling a savage. the whin0rs on vn wont stop till they are nerfed. theres like 2 thread per day on average savage nerf threads, and we all know mythic listens to whiners.

dont waste your time with a zerk either. i got access to us servers and i can tell you the class is totally borked.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by kinag
Albion never seem to get nerfs that dmg their class big time :) Paladin > All :)

in pve paladins are good...

but erm, smite? :)

F

Flimgoblin

I'm not saying friars are only good when they're buffed... you've missed my point completely tuppe

what I'm saying is that:

Friar versus unbuffed other class = friar probably wins in melee.

Friar versus classes in RvR = friar loses.

I duel a friar 1vs1, self buffs only - my merc has 100 less weaponskill and gets beaten with the friar having about 20-50 % hp left depending...

If we get an enhance cleric to buff both of us (the friar gains very little from this str/con buff is all) then I slaughter the friar with more than 50% hp left.

This varies according to skill/ras etc. of course, but the general principle is:

Buffed tank > fully buffed friar.

E

Ekydus

Paladins need more love IMO.

Yes... that's right... flame away. :p

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by klavrynd

Savage will get nerfed if everyone jumps on the badnwagon and rolls one - its a sudden shift in a class population that brings the nerf more than any whining. FOTMers who board the savage train then get nerfed will only have themselves to blame. TBH I still dont think savages are as overpowered as zerkers currently are - I'd put them slightly above reavers atm.

K

kinag

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
in pve paladins are good...

but erm, smite? :)

Hehehe, smite comes from a cleric, and cleric = a healer class, not meant to do dmg ^^

Originally posted by Ekydus
Paladins need more love IMO.

Yes... that's right... flame away. :p

Agree :) give more damage :p and while at it, give 2.5 spec points hehe :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

only thing they need to fix for paladins is the stupid 2h doublespeccing.

(but not in a way that gives them all 3 damage types - ouch!)

<misinformed rant>
ahh if clerics are a healing class and shouldn't do damage, why do druids have pets and dots? they're a healing class they shouldn't be doing that - and no roots either. Oh and remove the stun/mezz/power regen from the Healer - they're a HEALING class! they shouldn't be doing crowd control!
</misinformed rant>

Smite nerf was probably needed - the smite line is still a bit lacklustre though - needs another utility spell of some sort imho.

beside the point - alb classes don't get nerfed because they're not particularly overpowered :) it's things that stick a mile out (like zerkers two-shotting plate tanks...) that get nerfed.

Savages probably won't get nerfed if noone plays them. But the bandwagon is rolling.

Good thing about the zerker nerf is that Warriors no longer need to compare themselves to stupidly cheesy styles ;) heck Thanes might even feel valid :p

well ok maybe not - they'll all be rolling savages for RvR.
(I need to get me a Thane :) they sound fun)

K

kinag

only thing they need to fix for paladins is the stupid 2h doublespeccing.

(but not in a way that gives them all 3 damage types - ouch!)

<misinformed rant>
ahh if clerics are a healing class and shouldn't do damage, why do druids have pets and dots? they're a healing class they shouldn't be doing that - and no roots either. Oh and remove the stun/mezz/power regen from the Healer - they're a HEALING class! they shouldn't be doing crowd control!
</misinformed rant>

Smite nerf was probably needed - the smite line is still a bit lacklustre though - needs another utility spell of some sort imho.

beside the point - alb classes don't get nerfed because they're not particularly overpowered :) it's things that stick a mile out (like zerkers two-shotting plate tanks...) that get nerfed.

Savages probably won't get nerfed if noone plays them. But the bandwagon is rolling.

Good thing about the zerker nerf is that Warriors no longer need to compare themselves to stupidly cheesy styles ;) heck Thanes might even feel valid :p

well ok maybe not - they'll all be rolling savages for RvR.
(I need to get me a Thane :) they sound fun)

Well mr. Flimgoblin, The Smite line has spells in it dont it? Its the cleric's SPECIAL thing :) CC is Healers, and that weird line for druids :p

What you want? increased damage for the clerics smiteline?

:rolleyes:

K

kinag

And btw, as a zerker I have NEVER two shotted a plate tank in my entire life..
It happens one time and its becoming a big whine... I really cant see how they can be two shotted after hitting those myself..
The plate user probably had low lvl plate armor or something.. and were sitting..

V

Vim

Friars are often touted as being uber - but they're not... they're just always buffed.

The whole buffed versus unbuffed comparison can't be done on a friar - they're their own buffbot.

But, take any other buffed melee class and they'll slaughter the friar.

Friars are great 1vs1... in real RvR they're resistance-bots with a bit of thane melee damage.

edit: don't get me wrong - they're a solid class :) just not quite as overpowered as people seem to think.

100% correct. Leather, even with 2x ABS buffs (if got necro, what is rare), isn't awesome defense vs Slash, and still requires high Enhanc. Altho who wouldn't have high Enhanc since Rejuv sucks

O

Ottar

> Even with this will a savage be better?

Savages are already better than zerks are. Damage output isnt everything. Savage as better defence, ghetto.permasprint in combat and 1500 range instant for caster/stealth interrupts. Overpowered? Now all 3 realms have 1 tankish class that can do more or less equally well in solo and small groups (savage, reaver, champ).

> or are you suggesting that midgard is now a weak realm?

Yes. With every passing day, there is more clerics with BoF, more chanters with BAOD, more druids with GP, more minstrels with SoS. With every passing day, Midgard grows weaker. Random groups already are problematic because they need 2 healers per group to do good against even RR opposition. Against wonderful inventions like BoF and GP, the only real counter is zerg.

Sad thing is, after uproar with LA nerf, they aint going to tone down the alb/hib RA's but give something as ridiculous to us as well. Turn all group members into bonedancers for 30s or something. Imagine - go out and gank some major noob arse with near total impunity, then gather up and wait 30m at PK for uberness to recycle. What fun.

Fought albs twice this morning. Once with 2 people against near FG, 2nd time with 3 people against FG+. Guess what? BoF both fights. Getting more common than bloody IP it is. Instead of that long awaited mid lovepatch that doesnt seem to come anytime soon, might as well complete the circle and make all players completely immune to any kind of damage at all times. Then expand housing zones and implement more emotes, such as /peace, /letsallgocrafting and /promotenonviolenceinvideogamesokthxbye.

Ottar

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by kinag
Well mr. Flimgoblin, The Smite line has spells in it dont it? Its the cleric's SPECIAL thing :) CC is Healers, and that weird line for druids :p

What you want? increased damage for the clerics smiteline?

:rolleyes:

read the post - it said misinformed rant :p

saying clerics shouldn't deal damage is the same as saying healers shouldn't CC :)

the two-shotting plate tanks was incredibly rare - it just highlighted the fact they were doing 200% the damage of every other tank out there... which wasn't right.

F

Flimgoblin

by the way just because I say zerkers needed the nerf - doesn't mean I think BoF is underpowered ;)

I'd agree that the RA's are not at all even across the realms (that said - Perfect Recovery is pretty good when it's not overwritten by a shaman, and Ichor of the Deep is just evil)

get some of your ex-zerkers to roll spiritmasters, then BoF won't be a problem ;)

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Ottar
With every passing day, Midgard grows weaker.

Lol sorry, but no ;) Midgard might have sucky RAs but I would take LA, healer cc and perma-end with no range limit any day. After 1.62, we'll see. Tbh, I really don't think the changes will be as bad as people are saying for midgard - the only ones who need to worry are the one-trick players who might actually have to adjust their tactics. Decent players will be fine as they will adjust. The rest will just whine while rerolling a savage (or switching to hib and going chanter) :)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Ottar

Yes. With every passing day, there is more clerics with BoF, more chanters with BAOD, more druids with GP, more minstrels with SoS. With every passing day, Midgard grows weaker. Random groups already are problematic because they need 2 healers per group to do good against even RR opposition. Against wonderful inventions like BoF and GP, the only real counter is zerg.

Sad thing is, after uproar with LA nerf, they aint going to tone down the alb/hib RA's but give something as ridiculous to us as well. Turn all group members into bonedancers for 30s or something. Imagine - go out and gank some major noob arse with near total impunity, then gather up and wait 30m at PK for uberness to recycle. What fun.

Fought albs twice this morning. Once with 2 people against near FG, 2nd time with 3 people against FG+. Guess what? BoF both fights. Getting more common than bloody IP it is. Instead of that long awaited mid lovepatch that doesnt seem to come anytime soon, might as well complete the circle and make all players completely immune to any kind of damage at all times. Then expand housing zones and implement more emotes, such as /peace, /letsallgocrafting and /promotenonviolenceinvideogamesokthxbye.

Ottar

What's sad is that you honestly believe that you needed a "love patch".
Healer CC is more than equal to sorc. And you know what? I don't give a fuck if you need to have two healers per group - cos guess what, we need a sorc and a cleric! Woo! fancy that! And those hibs over there, THEY need a druid and a bard!
And you know what? a sorc doesn't wear chain and a bard doesn't heal half as well as a 48pac healer. So hey - cry more.
BoF? Give it a rest with the BoF, will you? Dark runies outdamage air theurgs AND fire wizards alike, at the same time as bringing PBT and nearsight to the utility side of things. Mid tanks - well, you got the savage, you got the zerker - which, while soon to be balanced, is not soon to be gimped - no matter what hopeless gits like optical think. You have the potential for the best PBAE in the game, which the mids on Excal at least have yet to notice because they're all too busy doing sick damage with savages and zerkers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom