beno t4...

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
ebenezer said:
whats with this obsession with calling people either retards ,roleplayer, adder,zerger, or leet. Is the vocablury really that bad in this forum among all people. You dont even have a meaning to what you write 80% do you:p???
Why in donkeykongs anus were you attracted to a fantasy themed game in the first place:p???
Please someone on this forum come up with something new and inventive for once. the imagination on FH is like the patience of a mother chimpanzee of 10^^....none:p
over and out...

I hope the following will answer your question:

"With so many players in the game, individual perceptions of what is ‘fun’ in an
MMORPG will logically vary. While the majority of players get along harmoniously, some players appear to engage instead in play styles that specifically disrupt other players’ gaming experiences. This type of play style is known as ‘grief play’, and grief players are known as ‘griefers’." (C.Y.Foo, E.M.I. Koivisto, paper delivered in International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology ACE 2004, June 3-5, 2004, Singapore)

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:

"With so many players in the game, individual perceptions of what is ‘fun’ in an
MMORPG will logically vary. While the majority of players get along harmoniously, some players appear to engage instead in play styles that specifically disrupt other players’ gaming experiences. This type of play style is known as ‘grief play’, and grief players are known as ‘griefers’." (C.Y.Foo, E.M.I. Koivisto, paper delivered in International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology ACE 2004, June 3-5, 2004, Singapore)

according to that the term griefers could be attached to any of the different play styles in daoc tho ?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Kerith said:
according to that the term griefers could be attached to any of the different play styles in daoc tho ?

If they cause displeasure to other players yes. I'm not advocating a side here, it was just a reply on why people call others roleplayers, leet etc, hence I produced something that cover both sides.

edit: The paper goes on to describe about grief play and how it's defined etc, if you want to have a read at the whole document feel free

Corran

Part of the furniture
Gear said:
If they cause displeasure to other players yes. I'm not advocating a side here, it was just a reply on why people call others roleplayers, leet etc, hence I produced something that cover both sides.

edit: The paper goes on to describe about grief play and how it's defined etc, if you want to have a read at the whole document feel free

Zerg greif the fg's, fg's greif the solo people, solo people grief the fg & zerg (by having own solo zone and not giving away free rp's to them) :p

Pve people - lets just say they greif al rvr people as they got so much money rvr people in general cant outbid them for an item they need :D

Plik

One of Freddy's beloved
well we had fun with razing it :cheers: and since you did it towards our towers, would we like to do the same :twak:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Zerg greif the fg's, fg's greif the solo people, solo people grief the fg & zerg (by having own solo zone and not giving away free rp's to them) :p

Pve people - lets just say they greif al rvr people as they got so much money rvr people in general cant outbid them for an item they need :D

In a simplistic way, yes. However more things are involved into defining what greifing is. Read the paper, good thing to pass time in work and you'll pick up some things on the way :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
brad said:
I see albs retake everything in the middle of the night, typical.
Aye, can't have people preventing relics from walking off, it's madness!
And in case you didn't concider this; how is taking relics at night any worse than in the early afternoon? People tend to be at work around that time, so there aren't any more people playing around that time than at night.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:

my ranting was more of a frustrated plea to use anything but the same boring words in every single thread:p
ut yeh..i understand why they use them. Thing is what makes me anoyed is that people throw them around without taking alook at what they are really saying. Just to make something clear. Roleplayer....i would say im not far off if i say that 80% or more that got in to daoc at some point in life either played arpg game(on pen paper or as pc game) either read fantasy...or liked fantasy in some other form(movies...plays or whatever:p). So calling someone fucking roleplayer seems kinda stupid to me. since we all are fantasy nerds for even playing this game^^...and all the other words i described...well...to really come across to someone and not be taken as a follower or wannabee themself, a change of words or something more inventive is always a plus:p If you wanna curse at someone a tip is to use something thats not repeated on rikki lake or in 1000 other post on FH, that will make the curse hit home more:p
enough ramblings..hehe
over and out..

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Plik said:
well we had fun with razing it :cheers: and since you did it towards our towers, would we like to do the same :twak:

only, they're not your towers? HEHE

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ballen said:
Damn Kerith, you dish out some really good rp's. Only time I like watching you is when you're lying arse up face down.

"You just killed Kerith" :twak:
You recive 1137 realmpoints.

:p

woulda thought he'd have given 200 more than that :)

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
only, they're not your towers? HEHE

try explaining that to a roleplaying dwarf, who thinks every crafter in midgard just happens to like crafting MP's for him all the time. Ofcourse he thinks thats its all his towers

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
I dont understand why they take the towers..
And I dont understand why pedophiles, rapists etc do what they do either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom