Beards

J

Jonny_Darko

Yay or nay?

I'm going for a full on Jonathan Frakes at the moment, and will then shave bits off and see how it looks. Go for goatie and sidies and then maybe just a bit of chin-beard. Did it when i was 16 but it just looked a bit silly, cos I had long girly hair and my whiskers were more ginger than they are now (I'm not ginger, except for there!).

Can it look cool on a gent of my age (25)? Because despite the fact that I'm going for it, something inside me is going "but it's a beard, beards are really bad and girls don't like them."

Maybe a James Hetfield style Metalli-tash?

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
"but it's a beard, beards are really bad and girls don't like them."

Go with your original instinct there...

K

kameleon

go for a zapata type mustache beards are for nerds and lazy people.

damn spanish words i can never remamber whether to use o or a at the end

T

Testin da Cable

I have a "ring" beard (AS IT'S KNOWN HERE IN HOLLAND NONE OF THAT NOW WIJ :eek: ) and have had 'burns, goatee and all kinds of combinations. sometimes even clean shaven. my gf likes it, I like it, all is well. I'm playing with the idea of leaving a week or two's growth on, then shaving my head down to a 3mm stubble to see what it's like. I personally think a well-cared-for (a must) bit of facial hair looks pretty cool.

F

FatBusinessman

I currently have a noticeable amount of facial hair, due to not bothering to shave since about last Friday.

This, in my opinion, is the only valid excuse :)

W

Will

Some people suit beards, some people don't. But I shall never find out, for I am 26 and, despite having not shaved for 2 weeks, you couldn't really tell unless you got really close.

F

FatBusinessman

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
I have a "ring" beard (AS IT'S KNOWN HERE IN HOLLAND NONE OF THAT NOW WIJ :eek: )

Those crazy Dutchmen... :rolleyes:

L

leggy

I don't like kissing beards.

Andy Cairns is for teh win though.

J

Jonny_Darko

Therapy? rocked. I must be the only one who thought Infernal Love was their best album though. That album resonates on the same dark wavelength as my mind.

T

Testin da Cable

there you have it then. do it as a tribute to your mind.

C

Cdr

Go for a Craaaaaaaig Daaaavid beard - then you have an excuse for being late to work every morning - 'I was trimming my beard!'

Plus you can go around the office saying stuff like 'Proper bo I tell thee' and 'Canna get a reeeeewind'.

Then we can all mock you........

L

~Lazarus~

I think the choice of beard is driven by how many chins you are trying to hide.

X

xane

I grew a beard at the start of this year as I'd been moved onto a Linux programming project and it was part of the mandatory qualifications :)

I considered letting it go a bit but the "bushy" style is very uncomfortable and I resort to a nice trimmed look but not enough to be "just grown", the upper lip gets particularly difficult because even a few days after a trim it starts to interfere with eating, etc.

Wife and Mother hated the beard, sons love it, nearly all my female friends are impressed and say it suits me. I may start shaving bits off later just for a change.

The real reason is that shaving was killing my face, I was fast approaching "crater" texture, and it got to be so time consuming just to get a fairly clean shave that would only last the one morning anyway.

T

Testin da Cable

remembering you clean-shaven from the barrybeer cama I'd say a pointy goatee would suit you just spinky :)

W

WPKenny

I have a "ring" beard

Is this like a milk moustache? Oh Teedees, what have you been up to? ;)

T

Testin da Cable

I can't really say.....but I hear there are pictures!!

D

dysfunction

I can't really say.....but I hear there are pictures!!

I hate it when that happens

T

The Kingpin

I had a pre-caveman look for about two weeks..

But just shaved today, as my ear phones arrived, and am in a happy mood.

E.g Tom Cruise beard he has atm..

P

[PS]Mung

I'd stick with an "almost" beard. Just don't shave for a few days.

I shave every four days, it gives me a dark and moody look, and plus I can shave it off painlessly.

My wife prefers me clean shaven. At least for certain times......

W

Wij

Originally posted by [PS]Mung
I'd stick with an "almost" beard. Just don't shave for a few days.

I shave every four days, it gives me a dark and moody look, and plus I can shave it off painlessly.

My wife prefers me clean shaven. At least for certain times......

You mean when you are kissing her arse ?

J

Jonny_Darko

Awww... Just shave constantly - the more you do that the thicker and faster it comes back!

P

[PS]Mung

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
Awww... Just shave constantly - the more you do that the thicker and faster it comes back!
That's a myth, it's just the effect of shaving increases the surface area of the exposed hair gives the appearance of thicker hair.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Moustache and goatee... teh wife hates it. :D

F

Furr

gandalf.jpg

WINNAR BEARD!!!!11

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom