WTF? Battleship

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That film was utter bollox. Truly the worst ending of any film of all time.

I watched it on the poota, I didn't think it was all that bad. I'd have been upset had I paid to watch at the pictures though.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I watched it on the poota, I didn't think it was all that bad. I'd have been upset had I paid to watch at the pictures though.
Come on, the ending was just fucking bollox. His brain ripped out, implanted and then he manages to take control and protect his pregnant gf. Total bollox.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ffs sake don't tell me the end!!!!!

Spoilers!!!!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Come on, the ending was just fucking bollox. His brain ripped out, implanted and then he manages to take control and protect his pregnant gf. Total bollox.

Well I thought the bit about huge aliens landing and scooping people up with blue light was slightly unrealistic, so suspended my disbelief at that point.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Next time the battery goes in my car im gonna scoop out my brothers brains and see if it works !

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Took my son to see it, he thought it was great. For me it was OK, disengage brain and appreciate it was what it was a sci fi action flik with a weak story line.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I was going to watch it but decided to stay in and shoot nails into my scrotum

Syri

FH is my second home
Really want to see this now just to see how bad it is.
Save your money... Save your eyes! Don't go to watch it. Don't even waste time downloading it. It's really that bad.
I'll admit that just after watching it, my thoughts were "well, that wasn't so bad I guess..." but when the action buzz wears off, and you start to think about it more, you realise just how shite it really was. The action is kinda alright, and I'm as much a fan of a mindless action flick as the next guy, but this one was really dire. Not the worst movie ever, but certainly in the running for worst blockbuster of the year.

opticle

Part of the furniture
I nearly vomited when all the old men appear at random places all over the ship near the end.

That. Makes. No. Fucking. Sense.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Finally got around to watching this. Brain turned off, snacks and beer, expecting explosions/navy stuff/aliens and all around patriotic horntooting that tickles ye old sack in a certain "Hoora!" way. Not expecting plot, strong characters, or any other such "doesn't really need it either" elements that "this should be excellent" movies need. Was not disappointed.

It's just what i expected, transformers style, sh*t thrown at you from all directions, corny one liners and comedic lines, disbelief suspended and hung from it's own intestines and enjoyable amount of minutes while you stuff your face and laugh at stuff. As a movie overall score, it wouldn't rank high(higher then transformers 3 though), but on a brainless cool sh*t and stuff blown up scale, it's up there.

Especially considering the "source material" they had, i'd say it's a pretty damn decent job.

"Who says that kind of stuff" was a nice nod towards the ridiculous lines, rather nicely put in battleship playing reference and the alien stuff looked really nice(outside them being monkeyfaces, never show alien face in movies).

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It was terrible like :p watched it myself a few weeks back, I actually had to stop the movie half way through to make sure I hadnt put transformers on by mistake.

Poag

m00?
I watched it over the weekend.

I kinda enjoyed it as a mindless USA..Fuck yeah! film.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Watched it the other night; I'll give credit to the scriptwriters for trying to keep the plot internally consistent, and actually shoehorn in a. the game logic, and b. an actual battleship. Unfortunately everything else about it was beyond ludicrous. Frankly a film based on the first five minutes and chasing down that burrito would have been a much better movie.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Watched it earlier today, wasn't as bad as I expected. Pure bubblegum movie but that is ok, they have their place.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I thought it was really bad.

You can bin the first 29 minutes as the story only starts around then. Previous to that is preamble trying to make you care about the characters which fails.

Some of the fight stuff was good and I liked touches like the use of the buoys but that was it. The only remotely memorable character was Gregory D. Gadson and he's real ex military. Only one in the whole film with any kind of presence. Even Liam Neeson seemed to be sleepwalking through it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
FFS it's a damn popcorn movie what else were you guys expecting?

Treat it like a Saturday night popcorn movie and you'll be fine.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
It was a full-on Team America movie, kinda awesome/funny in that way.. but generally as a film pretty shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
FFS it's a damn popcorn movie what else were you guys expecting?

Treat it like a Saturday night popcorn movie and you'll be fine.

Even my missus couldn't stomach it - and she enjoyed Starship Troopers 2 & 3. A lot.

It was fucking wank. Even as brainless throwaway shite.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Funny i don't remember sitting down to watch sci fi movies as a kid and expecting masterpieces

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Funny i don't remember sitting down to watch sci fi movies as a kid and expecting masterpieces

It wasn't sci-fi. It was fantasy.

Also, I sat down as a kid to 2001 and have been pretty much disappointed by nearly all sci-fi since ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It wasn't sci-fi. It was fantasy.

Also, I sat down as a kid to 2001 and have been pretty much disappointed by nearly all sci-fi since ;)
You would appreciate shit if you sat down as a kid in the early 80's and not just 11 years ago hehe

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You would appreciate shit if you sat down as a kid in the early 80's and not just 11 years ago hehe

Lulz :)

Actually, I sat down as a kid in the late 70's - just before films turned to utterly shallow wank.

Entertaining shallow wank tho, I'll admit ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Watched it today on sky box office.

Utter, utter garbage.

I love a good pointless action film as much as the next man, the final scene in Rambo 4 happens to be one of my favorites. The odd plot hole hear and there isn't a problem. Battleship was something else though. It seemed to be missing massive chunks that would make it plausible yet watching it, it felt like it could have been condensed into a 30 minute film.

Bad acting, stupid plot, limited actual action. I just didn't get it and I am not sure I care to get it to be honest.

Some films are so bad they are worth watching for the comedy. Battleship was just terrible from start to finish.

why the fuck has a ship that has been decommissioned for 10 years got live ammunition aboard, and how the fuck does some loser that gets arrested for breaking into a petrol station get anywhere near an officer posting on a naval cruiser?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
why the fuck has a ship that has been decommissioned for 10 years got live ammunition aboard, and how the fuck does some loser that gets arrested for breaking into a petrol station get anywhere near an officer posting on a naval cruiser?

Those are the kind of questions you need to leave out when watching films like this, way too thinking there ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom