Battlegrounds going live today!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
In case anyone missed it the servers are currently down for extended maintanance and implementation of patch 1.5.0 (a.k.a Battlegrounds patch).

Fun fun :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Blizzard are like ninja patchers, we didn't even get any warning - but at least my tailoring bug will finally be fixed and I can start to use the Mageweave i've been stock piling...

... only now I have a new bug to contend with. Damnit to hell :(

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:
but at least my tailoring bug will finally be fixed and I can start to use the Mageweave i've been stock piling...
You mean where all patterns show up as orange?

You could still skill at the correct patterns, you just had to make sure you were at the proper range for it.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
You could still skill at the correct patterns, you just had to make sure you were at the proper range for it.

Yeah, I know I could have. But i'm very fussy about things like that, for some reason it just felt wrong... don't ask me why, it's just one of those things. Besides, i'll be a little sad to have to clear out my vault of Mageweave... those bolts are like old friends...

Is it wrong to be emotionally attached to pink cloth? :eek7:

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
O M G @ that Warlock bug :( I'm never gathering soul shards again :(

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
While freaky, it sounds quite harmless. Unless you're carrying something absolutely vital to your PvP/PvE success, it will actually help you get more soulshards in total which is something Warlocks have been crying for for a long time. :p

It's not in the shape you might have wanted it, but it's there. :)

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
aparently you dont loose the item it just gets hidden in another bag but must be shit scary if you didnt know :p wonder if there are anymore warrior ninja nerfs

Turamber

Part of the furniture
That warlock bug sucks. So glad Whisperess thinks it's fine though.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Turamber said:
That warlock bug sucks. So glad Whisperess thinks it's fine though.
Please show me the exact part where I said it was fine.

I have a warlock, but I'm not gonna whine about a minor inconvenience. Had the items truly disappeared; then it would've been a major issue. Had it not been only the soul shards gained from soul draining other players in PvP that caused this issue, it would've been worse than it actually is.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
it's really easy to get to you isn't it? :D

so everyone enjoying battlegrounds then?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Asha said:
so everyone enjoying battlegrounds then?

I may have this wrong, but Battlegrounds appears to be sitting looking at this red swirly thing with 20+ other players for nearly 90 minutes so far. Such fun!

Mandor

Fledgling Freddie
your lucky you got that far I have not been able to log onto the game yet. about 45 attempts ago it got to the select charachter screen before telling me I got disconnected again... I think I gonna give up soon and come back later.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
I may have this wrong, but Battlegrounds appears to be sitting looking at this red swirly thing with 20+ other players for nearly 90 minutes so far. Such fun!

that sounds like you need some drugs to really enjoy it

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Asha said:
that sounds like you need some drugs to really enjoy it

Sorry, missed the :p out.

Was fun when I actually got inside - it's very well conceived and not too laggy, although I need to look up all the events/triggers and quests etc for their effects. Shame that the instance server didn't seem too stable though, kicked us out twice so far.

Also love being able to get shards in combat, and I deliberately didn't get too many to avoid the bug mentioned above. Rezzing with the dead pet was a bonus too.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
!!!

Estimated wait time: Unavailable
Time in queue: 3 Hrs 9 Mins

What a fXXking joke.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
tbh wht did u expect. its omfgbbq its a new thing ofc almost every1 u obviously included is gonna be rushing to play and trying their best not to leave an let others have ago.
altho hopefully blizzard will give more of each battleground so there is enough room for everybody. although when they bring out different high lvl BGs people will be split between them.
for now im enjoying the fact i spend 20mins afk in IF.. and only have 3page ups worth of spam... its weird not missing out on bits of convo because of all the spam. it seems kinda deserted.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
tbh wht did u expect. its omfgbbq its a new thing ofc almost every1 u obviously included is gonna be rushing to play and trying their best not to leave an let others have ago.
altho hopefully blizzard will give more of each battleground so there is enough room for everybody. although when they bring out different high lvl BGs people will be split between them.
for now im enjoying the fact i spend 20mins afk in IF.. and only have 3page ups worth of spam... its weird not missing out on bits of convo because of all the spam. it seems kinda deserted.

they are both instanced so there is as many running as there is players to fill ...

I had fun when we got in with another group who had a clue, if not it was frustrating...

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Asha said:
they are both instanced so there is as many running as there is players to fill ...

I had fun when we got in with another group who had a clue, if not it was frustrating...

I think a lot of the waiting is to do with inbalance in the sides. On my server i was waiting anywhere between 2 and 25 minutes last night to enter Warsong.

Was great fun too, actually made me enjoy PvP for the first time in ages. We kicked Alliance arse all night with all levels able to play a part which was nice. Then we actually got a nice instance with some Alliance players who had a clue about team work and after 2.5 hours at 2 all I had to call it a day. At lvl 47 I managed to rack up well over 220 hk's (and over 3000 points for flag bonuses) in one night which impressed me muchly, rarely dropping below 2nd position on the instance rankings all night.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:

really?
ok then i really dont get how people are having to que to get in to 1. unless it needs a full amount of people to be able to make 1. in which maybe there was a odd amount of people which would have made it tottaly unbalanced... or am i getting it wrong. im totally confused now

when i played warsong on the test server was great fun. shame it was populated by shamans druids and rogues mostly. altho watching a 5man rogue grp trying to hit a priest whos running around spamming dots with a warrior spamming piercing howl on them and picking em off 1by1 is by far the funniest/dumbest thing i have ever seen :D

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Prolly playing on an imbalanced server with more of your side than another.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Is it worth resubbing to try Battlegrounds? :/

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Lakashnik said:
really?
ok then i really dont get how people are having to que to get in to 1. unless it needs a full amount of people to be able to make 1. in which maybe there was a odd amount of people which would have made it tottaly unbalanced... or am i getting it wrong. im totally confused now

when i played warsong on the test server was great fun. shame it was populated by shamans druids and rogues mostly. altho watching a 5man rogue grp trying to hit a priest whos running around spamming dots with a warrior spamming piercing howl on them and picking em off 1by1 is by far the funniest/dumbest thing i have ever seen :D

The queues are because they have to match numbers to enter. If there are 3 times as many alliance trying to get in than horde then there will be three times the wait on the alliance side. With Warsong it allocates roughly via level as well to balance out the sides more.

As for rogues, i was getting annoyed by being stunned and stealthzerged (must be a few ex daoc stealthers on silvermoon :) ) unless i could pop off a quick aoe fear and run away at speed (just a pity that the gnomish rocket boots don't work in combat......)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
problem is if you sign up for next available and say you have these groups on horde side:

5 person group
3 person group
3 person group
4 person group
3 person group
4 person group
8 person group

you will all be waiting until a soloer, 2 person group or 5 person group signs on.
it's probably worse if you sign up for a specific instance.

it will only take exactly 10 and if you've signed up to go in as a group then it has to match your numbers... and do the same on alliance side and balance your levels a bit.

last night we waited with 25 or so horde players for 30 mins or so before we ran around and checked alliance entrance and there was like 4 guys there... so we knew we wouldn't get in as there was no one to fight.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Asha said:
problem is if you sign up for next available and say you have these groups on horde side:

5 person group
3 person group
3 person group
4 person group
3 person group
4 person group
8 person group

you will all be waiting until a soloer, 2 person group or 5 person group signs on.
it's probably worse if you sign up for a specific instance.

it will only take exactly 10 and if you've signed up to go in as a group then it has to match your numbers... and do the same on alliance side and balance your levels a bit.

last night we waited with 25 or so horde players for 30 mins or so before we ran around and checked alliance entrance and there was like 4 guys there... so we knew we wouldn't get in as there was no one to fight.

I've always just logged in solo, makes for interesting times.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
I've always just logged in solo, makes for interesting times.

*Join Battle?
<Clickie>

1.. 2.. 3.. seconds have passed.

*You have been asked to join the battlefield yadda-yadda; accept?

No problems on Sunstrider atleast.

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
Is it worth resubbing to try Battlegrounds? :/

Short and simple - YES !

Best part i like there - its not heaven for rogues, so all classes are playable :)

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
guild mate of mine (lvl 60 warrior) was actually top of the kill list last night so i guess warriors may have a part to play after all \o/ either that or all the mages were stuck in the que :p

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Only thing im not so keen on is Ice Barbed Spear is far to good and easy to get for a lvl 51 accessable quest. Makes pretty much all high level instance 2h weps (apart from MC) and more of less every 2h crafted wep (only a little bit below Arcanite Reeper but its free ^^) redundent.

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
does anyone know how to activate an air strike in alterac btw? horde side that is..:p

do you have to free just one of the air commanders? do you have to be honored to activate it? someone help !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom