Battlefield 3

Chosen

Resident Freddy
In europe the release date aint before 27.10. But with using a proxy you can activate it today!(Downloading mine now).

If you wonder how you can do it, I will post a guide that I found on one of the Norwegian newspapers:

1. Search in Windows for «proxy».
2. Click «configure proxy server».
3. Click «LAN settings».
4. Cross off «use a proxy server for LAN».
5. Write this IP: 203.232.208.116.
6. Type in this port: 8080.
7. Run the "Releasedatecheck" for Battlefield 3 in Origin.
8. If the check fails, push «retry».
9. Remember to turn of the proxy afterwards.

10. Battlefield 3 should work now.

What I did was just running these steps, and relogged Origins and a new Battlefield 3 client appeared ready to be downloaded.

Anyway it would be fun to play with fellow FH members, so if people care to post their Origin ID I would be happy to add you :)

Mine is: lordchosen

P.S: I decided to make a new thread, since the old was for the "Beta" :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Oh, EA have already stated that it is NOT illegal to change the proxy and force you're way around their "release date". But they are asking people not to do so!

Link here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...-battlefield-3-24th-korean-vpn-confirmed.html

"If you have this already or jumped into do this without knowing what the risk are or what they could be. Don't worry about the ban hammer, It's has been publicly announced that EA won't ban for this, for there is no legit reason to do so."

Ono

Part of the furniture
HOnestly, I cannot wait for this game. We have any Freddy servers?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Have been playing 3-4 rounds of MP already, and now trying out the campaign! Holy shit this game is good

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Have they actually improved the game since the beta then?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, no gfx glitches and alot of new good maps :D

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
question is this only if you have bought the digital version?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I think so yes, either that or you need the dvd key from the disc you've bought to activate it in origins.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
HOnestly, I cannot wait for this game. We have any Freddy servers?
I could look at running one if there is enough interest and someone else manages it, ie not me.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I might actually host one myself, seeing that I get my own private 200mbit line in November. And the MC server does only use about 10 of it :p

edit: or not, saw your link!

Himse

FH is my second home
I might actually host one myself, seeing that I get my own private 200mbit line in November. And the MC server does only use about 10 of it :p

edit: or not, saw your link!

give me your internets!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i caved and ordered it, due to people requiring my awesomeness :D

so i may be renting a server. but will keep an eye on this

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
My clan(Cows with Guns) is moving to this; and will get a server, aiming to make a nip-tight community for banterz and funz - Watch dis space!

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Just bought it, worried about changing proxy etc though..

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Just bought it, worried about changing proxy etc though..

Me and 4 of my friends have been playing alot the last 2 days. Lost of servers that is none korean etc aswell, so nothing wrong with using it =)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
EA said:
The game server machines themselves will be run by a number of Ranked Server Provider (RSP) companies. We do not allow other companies to run game servers, or for other people to run game servers from home.

That's another fucking sack of wank from 'em then.

Remember the good ol days where you could run your own servers, invite your mates for a bit of dodgy lan action etc? The "maturing" of gaming is sure as hell making it a lot less fun. :(

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Still waiting on my copy, stupid postworkers, sent sunday game still not arrived, ordered HOMMVI yesterday, had it in the mailbox yesterday.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Me and 4 of my friends have been playing alot the last 2 days. Lost of servers that is none korean etc aswell, so nothing wrong with using it =)
Well it won't let me pre-load it yet ;/

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Chosen, it let me pre-load it, did what the guide said etc, but got a problem with activation, the thing keeps going round and round and nothing is happening, been about 10 mins now.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Keitanz, remember to have the proxy on first time you launch the game. As it needs to verify it being in a region that allows BF3 to be run! After you have verified it the first time(Just click play and it should go automatically) you can then just turn the proxy off. Everything should be as normal after this.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, I had the proxy on when I first launched the game, it passes the pre-release date check..

But then it came up it had a problem activating, and that I had to enter my CD Key..

I clicked the "Enter CD Key" bit and now theres a circle.. just going round.. and round... and round........ and round......... :( ughhhhhhhhh

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, try to turn off your proxy again before entering the CD key :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's another fucking sack of wank from 'em then.

Remember the good ol days where you could run your own servers, invite your mates for a bit of dodgy lan action etc? The "maturing" of gaming is sure as hell making it a lot less fun. :(
Couldn't agree more.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Wow this sucks the big one every game I try and enter I get the error with your connection message, seriously same shit every year with EA and Battlefield servers are broken until COD comes out and everyone fucks off there never to be seen again.

If past Battlefield games are anything to go by it won't be worth trying MP until COD is released.

Sort your fucking shit EA.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
No suprise! I have learned my lesson and wont be buying this for at least a couple of months, and maybe not at all

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeh I did, ughhhhhh circle still going round..

Lots of my friends having similar problems today, seems like the servers might be overloaded already.(seeing that today is the European release date)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
They have learned nothing about their crappy servers, none can register the game atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom