Battlefield 3

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Actually it seems the Back to Karkand expansion was released for it about 5 hours ago.

Probably to do with that..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, that was released earlier in the day.

There is an official thread asking people to send tracerts in and various posts from EA saying they were working on fixing the problem.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Ah news sites reported it happening around 7pm, strange ;s

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah news sites reported it happening around 7pm, strange ;s

Judging by the amount of problems people are having, and EA/DICE's history of releasing early in beta, not surprising at all.

Beginning to understand my reticence yet? ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Judging by that you never buy anything..

You make no sense whatsoever.

Judging by the fact that after years of being stung by EA/DICE I'm reluctant to buy anything - not just EA/DICE games?

I've bout about 10 games in the past two months. Bit of a spate tbfh. Not a single problem with any of them either.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Pretty much every game in existence doesn't get beta tested long enough... almost every game I have played (especially this year) has required at least one patch in the first week and is riddled with bugs.

You're just making it sound like you only buy perfect products, it's a shame that no such thing really exists.

Oh and Battlefield 3 was a major improvement over BC2, the engine got quite a big revamp.. bugs are pretty much going to be in full force...

Even though I'm yet to come across a bug in the game ...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Keep sucking that EA dick m8. You only have to have a cursory browse through the bf3 threads to see I'm right...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I got my copy free with my graphics card so not overly bothered.

Himse

FH is my second home
Any game has bugs though, some are complete fuck ups, Age of Conan was a prime example of being bug ridden with no end game, all front loaded.

People found out and the game basically died :p I doubt BF3 would die though, it's popular.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Keep sucking that EA dick m8. You only have to have a cursory browse through the bf3 threads to see I'm right...
I will do to be honest, after all they are the best and most successful game developer in the world.. there are reasons behind everything :p

I have bought 3 EA games in just the past 3 months.. and I'm more than happy with all 3 seeing as I have had a total of 1 issue with BF3 and 0 with FIFA12..

Not buying a game just because of the developer is a bit laughable though.. I'd love to know what games you have bought recently.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't buy many EA games either. Because they are basically awful. I will be buying even less now they only sell on Origins.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I don't buy many EA games either. Because they are basically awful. I will be buying even less now they only sell on Origins.
The only bad thing I find with Origins is the prices, they are ridiculous.... but FIFA 12 and BF3 were available at other outlets for quite a bit cheaper.. I was just lazy :s

Dunno how you can say EA games are awful though :/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Actually, once you're in, there don't seem to be any of the obvious bugs/exploits you got in the early releases of previous BF games. There are cheats, certainly, but that's the nature of the beast, and PB seems to be getting better at spotting them from the kick messages I see popping up. The biggest problem is still actually getting into the damn game in the first place as the web-based server browser is so slow and crashes way too much.

Loving the maps on the new expansion as well. Just recognisable enough to the old favourites, but require new tactics and gameplay.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dunno how you can say EA games are awful though :/

I have said, repeatedly (although your fanboi-ness has stopped you seeing it) that I bet the game is great.

All the battlefield games are.

I have said, repeatedly, that EA/DICE releaces are buggy as fuck. Which they are, compared to every other developer that has ever released games, ever.

Other than that, I'm a massive fan. But I'm a massive fan that's been burned so many times I just CBA any more. I'm a massive enough fan of the games to have an argument over a I game I don't even own - because I know it is buggy as fuck - which it is :(

Edit: Oops! Apologies, I'm just back from a rather pissed up evening at the Liverpool Phil (great!) and didn't realise you were replying to Raven. Soz.

You're still an EA-cock-sucking-fanboi tho :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Since the patch I dont have the connection problems any more. I'm also loving the new (old) maps, all in all I think Scouse could almost safely buy it, assuming he could publicly change his mind and all :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
To back up EA slightly here (may I burn in hell for eternity), I have had 2 (two!) disconnects in 30 hours of gameplay on BF3 and the multiplayer game itself is brilliant. not counting the evening that Origin was down and I couldn't even access the single player game!

There is very little that they can do to fuck up battlefield. The whole concept is good. Yeah sure the maps could be bigger and you could have more players but it works fine 32 v 32.

While MW3 caters for the console kids nicely, BF3 suits the PC, bigger maps and more options.

But yeah, I stand by my opinion that, on the whole, EA bleed every bit of of creativity out of a development house and release game after game of average shit.

Bioware
Westwood studios
Mythic
Maxis
etc

All top dev houses in their prime, reduced to churning out pointless annual updates year in year out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Basically EA need to bin Origin. A good analogy is as folllows.

You are eating strawberrys and cream with Steam and EA decide they would rather you eat a coughed up hair ball and use Origin.

The platform is dog shit and seemingly a punishment for those that still buy EA games.

They seem to have copied steam of 10 years ago with a lesser product. All because they want to keep some exclusivity.

I am all for competition for steam, competition is good. I really don't see the point in Origin. It's a bag of wank and won't last the year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Since the patch I dont have the connection problems any more. I'm also loving the new (old) maps, all in all I think Scouse could almost safely buy it, assuming he could publicly change his mind and all :)

It'll happen sooner or later. When it goes cheap and it's been patched to buggery so the experience is worth it :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh, dunno about the price but the game is more than playable now, in fact I'd go as far as to say it's very good indeed.

(Origin is still a shit waste of time though !)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had two blue screens on win7. The only software to do it since installing win7.

Other than that, perfect. Enjoying the game a lot too, which I haven't done for a while with FPS games.

But yeah, Origin can lick my arse crack

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Think I'll bump my clan message again - basically my clan is still recruiting for this game, we've gone through a bit of a rough patch recently, and we're looking to pull back members - there's 4-5 of us online every night atleast, and we have a good laugh, and we regularly play with XDC - who have a similar ethos to us, chilled out, laid back attitude, with none of this bullshit-childish-omg-you'reanoobetc chat.

http://www.cowswithguns.co.uk/

Oh, and we have a 32 man server, - drop me a message on here if you're interested, and i'll get you on Teamspeak with the lads.. - you must be down for a bit of banter though! :)

as I've said before, Battlefield is far far far more fun when playing with people yano! :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Found myself a nice 24/7 metro map. rockets banned, absolutely love it, carnage! great for levelling up assault/support.

Most of the time I play a sniper and don't move about a lot. On some of the large maps, I quite like spotting for the rest of the team and taking the odd pot shot The little UAV is awesome for trolling people!

Overall I am pretty terrible but enjoying it nonetheless!

Tilda

Got it, can't connect online. Suggestions? I've tried manually updating PB.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had to break my oath of never paying EA another penny and bought the expansion today. Nice idea with the assignments but I can't help but think they should have been included in the standard game.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The expansion is much better I think, and for some reason loads twice as quick as the other maps, for me anyway.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Getting fed up of obvious aim bots too. Not uncommon to see people with kills in the hundreds just walking about with a LMG.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Getting fed up of obvious aim bots too. Not uncommon to see people with kills in the hundreds just walking about with a LMG.
I'm on my 11th service star, and I haven't seen any blatant hacks as of yet, are you using Punkbuster servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom