Battlefield 3 Insane FPS spikes

Everz

FH is my second home
See, you should be a cool kid and not play it because any machine you have will explode if you tried to play such a graphics intense game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lets all go and play Call of Easymode when its out :>!

Everz

FH is my second home
Again, if you don't want my PC blowing up then I'd have to say no, it struggles to load up Quake ffs :D.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I got the same problem blood, and I got a 6850 card! It happens once in a while and only for a few seconds(It does not happen that often tho). But those sudden FPS drops is seriously weird! Also got the latest recommended drivers from ATI

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know the card can handle this as can the CPU and ram so what on earth could be causing these spikes?

Shoddy programming.

Stop beating yourself up - it's not you, it's not your system. It's EA/DICE - they release way too early and the first months of your gaming experience will be, erm, eventful? :(

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
If it was solely EA/DICE like you say everyone would be having the same problem..

Not everyone is.. so ... yeah...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Keitanz said:
If it was solely EA/DICE like you say everyone would be having the same problem..

Proves they don't test the game on a big enough range of machines when developing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Apart from the fact that this makes no logical sense (i.e. your statement is a crock of shit) the thing that amuses me about this post is that it's totally fanb0i gay.

Every time EA/DICE release a BF game a huge swathe of gamers with similar systems have nightmarish problems. They point this out in numbers but a really weird thing happens: some kids who love the game and have no problems confuse that love of the game with a love of the corporation who published it. So they act like whiny little protectors in the same way that religious people act like whiny little protectors of their particular nonsense - blind defence against all reason.

After a few months DICE figure out what the bug is and twat it. Usually reasonably quickly (months) but sometimes they never really sort it - (BF2142 anyone?). The huge swathes of gamers breathe a sigh of relief and the fanb0i's dissappear back into the woodwork - only to come out again with a vengence to spout the same protective shite about the next sub-par release...

So. In conclusion: Fuck you buddy! :D

Proves they don't test the game on a big enough range of machines when developing.

This. It's obviously been a problem with the EA/DICE game release business plan for a long time. Anyone with any sort of real experience of diagnosing technical problems with windows machines can spot it a mile off as it happens all the time in the non-gaming world.

It's shows a lack of respect for their customers.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Um.. it really doesn't.. find me one game where people don't have issues.. and I'm not really a fan boy, just you are going quite far with your hate towards EA/the BF franchise..

Just because 5-10% of the people who bought the game are having problems does not mean the game is broken or the developers don't respect the customers.....

It may look like a lot of people are having problems, but people who DON'T have problems rarely announce that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I base my opinion on evidence Keitanz. My reasoning is (partly) thus:

Lots of people have a succession of problems with the EA/DICE battlefield series of games - no other games beside (which is significant).

IMO You're using nothing more than guesswork saying 5-10% are affected. Anecdotally I'd say about 1 in 5. Sure, to different extents - but that'll be the different bugs manifesting on the different hardware configurations. Even 10% would still be very bad - and indicates a lack of proper testing before release. And it's a repeating problem.

Aside from that I've 15 years of professional experience with (amongst other things) wintel platforms and software for large organisations so I know when a software problem is tied to the underlying hardware, operating system configuration or shoddy workmanship.

It's not even that DICE's workmanship is shoddy - it's exemplary in most respects. It'll be EA pressure, that DICE are by now happy with, to release too early with too many bugs.

Hence my assertion that it shows a lack of respect for their customers...

You should have seen some of the problems ID had with RAGE when that came out :p

The difference with ID being that they've a long track record of quality, not the sketchy and rather insalubrious track record of EA/DICE.

So. Direct question: Given the above, what is the reasoning behind your objections to the above assertions?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Whiners like you are the exact reason games these days are lacking, they spend far too much time looking over shit over and over again and hardly any time making the actual game..

Thus why we get single player games which have 5-10 hours of gameplay if you are lucky.

Saying the entire game is broken is rather silly, it's not broken, it's working for many people, it's not EA's fault either..

It's the hardware creators fault as much as it is EA.

I simple said that not everyone is having problems like you said they are, which is true.

That is all :)

The difference with ID being that they've a long track record of quality, not the sketchy and rather insalubrious track record of EA/DICE.

Err... what has that got to do with it? if the game has problems, it has problems.. doesn't have anything to do with their history..

Like me saying just because Messi is a good footballer now he will be a good footballer when he is 80 years old with gray hair..

No...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

ID produce good engines, with shit content bolted to them. you cant fix that
DICE produce tempremental engines with very good content. you can fix that

(imho)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I got the same problem blood, and I got a 6850 card! It happens once in a while and only for a few seconds(It does not happen that often tho). But those sudden FPS drops is seriously weird! Also got the latest recommended drivers from ATI

annoying as hell isnt it?

Everz

FH is my second home
Whiners like you are the exact reason games these days are lacking, they spend far too much time looking over shit over and over again and hardly any time making the actual game..

Thus why we get single player games which have 5-10 hours of gameplay if you are lucky.

Saying the entire game is broken is rather silly, it's not broken, it's working for many people, it's not EA's fault either..

It's the hardware creators fault as much as it is EA.

I simple said that not everyone is having problems like you said they are, which is true.

That is all :)

More like they just churn them out for the sake of it and don't care about anything, your first statement was the most insane thing out. If they actually bothered making a decent game then the industry wouldn't be the landfill it is currently.

Get off EAs dick also, they have a trackrecord of rushing release dates and sending out games with massive hardware issues, how can it be the hardware makers fault, should they tailor game specifically for any EA launch eh?

Jesus fuck, get off their nuts, such fanboism.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
you: hi
Saurabh: Thanks for choosing EA Help! My name is Saurabh. How may I help you today ?
you: Its about an existing case I submitted.
you: the case is 00723692
Saurabh: Unfortunately, Our database is going through update, hence we're unable to go through your previous or this case Id : 00723692
Saurabh: So please let me know your exact issue
you: Right, since I bought Battlefield 3 i've been getting insane FPS spikes, running at 70-90 fps normally then it spikes down to 15-20 fps constantly for 5-10 second intervals. I've updated all of my drivers, done a speed test on my line as advised by EA and that came back 100% fine
Saurabh: Can please allow me a moment ?
you: yes.
Saurabh: Thank you for waiting. I really appreciate your patience.
Saurabh: Are we still connected ?
you: yes
Saurabh: Are you able to play the game in offline mode ?
you: I get the same issues, fps loss at regular intervals.
you: it happens anytime wether it be running, standing still in and out of fights
Saurabh: Okay, In this case I'd request you please try to select another server or ping

you: ? if it does it offline what has that got to do with ping and server?
you: it does it on and offline
you: so its obviously not a net issue.
Saurabh: Okay
Saurabh: So in this case, I'd need you to uninstall and re-install the game
you: already done that
you: didnt make a difference.
you: you know, if EA didnt release unfinished games you guys wouldnt have all these problems.
Saurabh: May I know which graphic drivers are you using and which processor ?
you: Processor is AMD 965 Black Edition (3.4ghz Quad Core)
you: Graphics card is ATI 6850 and the driver version is the latest 11.10
Saurabh: And what about your system's RAM ?
you: 6GiG DDR3 1333mhz
you: You're blatently reading this from a pre-created info pack EA has given you arent you? is there any point in me continueing this or would I be better off talking to my fucking dog about the issues of EA's broken games. Just disconnect this chat if thats the case because your about as much use as a fucking condom machine in a monestary.
The chat session has disconnected. If you still need assistance, please try again.

----- EA customer support rocks.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
More like they just churn them out for the sake of it and don't care about anything, your first statement was the most insane thing out. If they actually bothered making a decent game then the industry wouldn't be the landfill it is currently.

Get off EAs dick also, they have a trackrecord of rushing release dates and sending out games with massive hardware issues, how can it be the hardware makers fault, should they tailor game specifically for any EA launch eh?

Jesus fuck, get off their nuts, such fanboism.
I'm not a fan boy of EA in any way, but the way Scouse was talking is like only EA make these mistakes, Activision/Blizzard etc do not make these problems it seems, haha.

The more time they spend making sure the game works with the 100's of graphics cards / operating systems / other types of hardware, the less time they get to spend on fixing the bugs in the actual game and spending time on gameplay...

Whiners will be whine, but it's not like Call of Duty is any better..

Everz

FH is my second home
The problem is the publishers forcing games out though, they are just churned out junk with no play value at all.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I love Battlefield 3, it's the best FPS I have played since Quake 3, it really isn't that bad!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Apart from the fact that this makes no logical sense (i.e. your statement is a crock of shit) the thing that amuses me about this post is that it's totally fanb0i gay.

Every time EA/DICE release a BF game a huge swathe of gamers with similar systems have nightmarish problems. They point this out in numbers but a really weird thing happens: some kids who love the game and have no problems confuse that love of the game with a love of the corporation who published it. So they act like whiny little protectors in the same way that religious people act like whiny little protectors of their particular nonsense - blind defence against all reason.

After a few months DICE figure out what the bug is and twat it. Usually reasonably quickly (months) but sometimes they never really sort it - (BF2142 anyone?). The huge swathes of gamers breathe a sigh of relief and the fanb0i's dissappear back into the woodwork - only to come out again with a vengence to spout the same protective shite about the next sub-par release...

So. In conclusion: Fuck you buddy! :D

This. It's obviously been a problem with the EA/DICE game release business plan for a long time. Anyone with any sort of real experience of diagnosing technical problems with windows machines can spot it a mile off as it happens all the time in the non-gaming world.

I dont always agree with you Scouse, but this is a proper nail on head lol

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Found a fix for the fps issue! its called a fucking refund, i dont have to look at the cunt now. thx EA for my £40 back.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You know what, I'd really like to buy this game, it's threads like this that stop me lol :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It will be fixed, almost every game released now has issues. Back when consoles had no storage the Quality Control was so much higher.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You say that Deebs, but my BC2 still has issues now ...

You're all forcing me to buy this game though, even though I hate EA, Origin looks shit and I know it wont work properly!! :eek:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Like Deebs said, every game has issues.. its just EA games seems to have alot more than others and quite frankly i've got sick of them so I cant be arsed feeding them money anymore unless they're willing to release games with A) finished content thats been tested across alot more system ranges B) proper support that isnt just reading obvious solutions off a screen and C) don't charge so much for digital content.

I remember a time we could pop down to our local EB/Game and buy a pc game for £24.99-£29.99 tops it seems like prices are just going up and up these days, especially with digital purchases :p "why yes i'll pay £40 for a digital download via a shit steam wannabe without the cd's etc /mug"

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I'd rather pay the extra 5-10 £ and get a digital download tbh..

PC games are quite a bit cheaper than console games tho :p

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
I remember a time we could pop down to our local EB/Game and buy a pc game for £24.99-£29.99 tops it seems like prices are just going up and up these days, especially with digital purchases :p "why yes i'll pay £40 for a digital download via a shit steam wannabe without the cd's etc /mug"

I got my copy of BF3 from Game for £29.99. And tbh you're never going to get cheap digital purchases on release while retail stores are still a major source of income for publishers.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I got my copy of BF3 from Game for £29.99. And tbh you're never going to get cheap digital purchases on release while retail stores are still a major source of income for publishers.

Yes but does it work ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom