Battlefield 2042

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm going to write it one more time. Despite it having zero effect, ever (clearly).

Why does *anybody* spend hard earned money on anything that EA produces ever.

Their whole operation pumps out buggy broken shit as release code. Has been for two decades.

1636402179475.png

Joking aside, I always wait for BF launches anyway so the reviewers can test it first :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am not paying 49.99 for it...i'll wait until it's finished and less than £20, thanks.

I just do not pay full price anymore, price has gone up on games, quality down. Fuck'um...all of them.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Jack Frags and IGN have grouped up to make a video on this!

Yeah those two that get paid a fortune to make positive videos of AAA titles them dudes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Most MSMSMSMSMSMandsuchandsuch publications give top marks for dross because if they don't, they lose ad revenue. Their opinion is worth nothing.

Just look at that mess, Guardians of the Galaxy.

IGN: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Review - IGN

Everyone else;

look-its-rg9jef.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Most MSMSMSMSMSMandsuchandsuch publications give top marks for dross because if they don't, they lose ad revenue. Their opinion is worth nothing.

Just look at that mess, Guardians of the Galaxy.

IGN: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Review - IGN

Everyone else;

View attachment 45215

I used to watch Jim Sterling because he cut through the bullshit and called games for what they are, these days he seems to have took too many crazy pills though and just harps on about political shit, completely failing to understand why he was popular in the first place (hint jim, it wasn't your politics, it was when you talked about games...)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I used to watch Jim Sterling because he cut through the bullshit and called games for what they are, these days he seems to have took too many crazy pills though and just harps on about political shit, completely failing to understand why he was popular in the first place (hint jim, it wasn't your politics, it was when you talked about games...)

When you say too many crazy pills, you mean they considers themselves to be non-binary?

Cos I had just had a flick through his videos (I've never been a fan) and it appears there's very little political content, but just that he now has long ginger hair and wears lipstick.

Also from Wikipedia;

The events of recent weeks have been particularly affecting for me, as I've begun to come to terms with my own history. While all of this talk of abuse is going on, I've had a psychiatric evaluation where I was confirmed to have bipolar type 2 and complex PTSD as a result of what can only be described as a couple decades of having my sense of identity systematically destroyed by caregivers, followed by people convincing me I was making stuff up and that I wasn't even mildly depressed.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I thought he always looked like that.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
When you say too many crazy pills, you mean they considers themselves to be non-binary?

Cos I had just had a flick through his videos (I've never been a fan) and it appears there's very little political content, but just that he now has long ginger hair and wears lipstick.

Also from Wikipedia;

The events of recent weeks have been particularly affecting for me, as I've begun to come to terms with my own history. While all of this talk of abuse is going on, I've had a psychiatric evaluation where I was confirmed to have bipolar type 2 and complex PTSD as a result of what can only be described as a couple decades of having my sense of identity systematically destroyed by caregivers, followed by people convincing me I was making stuff up and that I wasn't even mildly depressed.

Yea I'm not talking about the non-binary thing, his videos have politics throughout them, from the most silly nitpicky thing to the sort of shit you hear hard lefties tout. The crazy pills thing was his wrestling, nfi how he went from a game critic to an amateur wrestler.

Ono

Part of the furniture
It's not blowing me away tbh but I still had some great fun - especially on Breakthrough mode.

The biggest issue for me is the mouse feels weird. They should give raw input. Also, I just think the map design is too big. Even graphically, the textures look a bit flat.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Refunded 79.99 for the Gold edition.

Patch today made it disconnect all the time so I gave up. Will likely pick it up again later but it is broken and unplayable for me.

I can see a Steam review armageddon tomorrow!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Refunded 79.99 for the Gold edition.

Patch today made it disconnect all the time so I gave up. Will likely pick it up again later but it is broken and unplayable for me.

I can see a Steam review armageddon tomorrow!

It has begun, it is getting rinsed on Steam atm and many of the problems appear to be core, not something that can be patched in without essentially being expansions. Less content and variety to previous battlefields appears to be a common complaint.

Ono

Part of the furniture
It's a fecking shame because there is nothing quite like a BF game when it works well. I actually level-capped 2 accounts on BF4 cos I loved it so much back then.

Oh well, back to Valorant, CSGO and Halo Infinite it is then.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's a fecking shame because there is nothing quite like a BF game when it works well. I actually level-capped 2 accounts on BF4 cos I loved it so much back then.

Oh well, back to Valorant, CSGO and Halo Infinite it is then.

It is a shame, I think BF2042 was the last hope of a good BF game. Clearly released way too early and heavily monetized.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Highlight of the above video - Destroying a tank faster with a sniper rifle than with an actual anti-vehicle rocket launcher.

Not a single person play tested this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom