*Basic Guide to Darkness Rising*

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
this might just be me, but how many cl weaps can you get? saying if your a bm/zerk/ns what ever, can you get 2? one mainhand and one offhand on the same char?

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
mercury said:
Have a reppt.
One question : in the US if you pre-order DR you got a free set of bardings not available to those who didn't. Any idea if it will be the same for us?

Apparently you get this is you buy your licience duiring the first week of release (was posted by Req somewere else)

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, lazy swedish person here ;)

First off, anyone got the stats on that necklace with 5 x 8 % resists?
If they are the right ones it will give people a choice and some change from the SI quest necklace.

Second question is if you can pop 200 enc. into the horse, where does the stuff go if you demount? Is the horse sitting in your inventory like a TOA boat and you cannot reach the stuff unless your sitting on the horse?

Will we be able to carry rams etc with them without getting encumbered and then get on the horse to pick out the rams etc out of the saddlebags?

Might also be quite nice for crafters if you can use it to carry alot of wood or other materials.

Anyone know of any other high utility drop items that you can use for a template?

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
Nobody seems to have said anything about Dual Wielders and their champ weapons, and since i would like to know i will ask the question myself,

What happens if you want both weapons for your class? i dont mean a slash and a thrust i mean if your an INF or MERC do you need to do the champion levels twice to get both weapons or do you just get both at the same time when you complete the relevant CL ?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Anny said:
Nobody seems to have said anything about Dual Wielders and their champ weapons, and since i would like to know i will ask the question myself,

What happens if you want both weapons for your class? i dont mean a slash and a thrust i mean if your an INF or MERC do you need to do the champion levels twice to get both weapons or do you just get both at the same time when you complete the relevant CL ?

Can only have one champ weapon at a time so you will have to chose if you want to use a mainhand champw or offhand champw.
You can however turn a weapon in and recieve another form if you want to try another etc.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
1p for even a basic horse...

so yet again, just as i have never been able to afford a house, i will be on foot whilst the rest of the realm rides into battle.

I understand that to a lot of people 1p isn't much, but these are the people who have LGM crafter alts, buffbot accounts or powergame their way to every single drop and artifact in the game.

Sadly, even though i have pre-ordered DR, as i'm only in the 500's for weaponsmithing and i don't have a second account for a bot or anything, ill just shrug and let Camelot once again run away from me until my subs once again run out, i guess...

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
No crafter except enough to repair doors to lvl 3, no buffbot accounts, 3 lvl 10 artis in total on my chars, I still have 20p on my wizard. On the classic server I made about 5-6p leveling up my warrior to 50. 1p isn't much, go on a DS run, will give you 100-200g cash and some drops to sell. At least on mid.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Oi Redi - cheapest horse is 250g. Hell, even my old Roa has 2p on him. I'm sure I can throw you a plat :)

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Dude, thats more than i've ever owned :p

The most Redi ever had on him at any point was 2p and that was when i was transferring it for someone else :(

Right now he's as rich as he's ever been with 500g, but how some people get the numbers they claim to get when out hunting i'll never know - what is it, do i only ever meet the impoverished mobs or something???

Admittadly i do most of my hunting solo - at the moment i'd die of rust before i managed to get a group killed - and i play maximum two, maybe three hours a crack (what with having to work and sleep and all). DF earns a few pennies, as does AC, but still i must be in the bottom 5% of earners on all servers... i just can't get cash :(

250g to me is about a weeks work, and i still don't even own my own set of armour...

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
What time will you be on Prydwen later? Will be nice to catch up :D

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
dunno yet - embarrasingly i have the first dress rehersal for my work "christmas" panto tonight, so if im about ill shout :)

(if anyones curious, im playing Toto in Wizard of Oz - go me! hahahaha!)

"Wheres Toto??", "He's out the back on his phone, having a fag, Dorothy..." :D

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
Dude, thats more than i've ever owned :p

The most Redi ever had on him at any point was 2p and that was when i was transferring it for someone else :(

Right now he's as rich as he's ever been with 500g, but how some people get the numbers they claim to get when out hunting i'll never know - what is it, do i only ever meet the impoverished mobs or something???

Admittadly i do most of my hunting solo - at the moment i'd die of rust before i managed to get a group killed - and i play maximum two, maybe three hours a crack (what with having to work and sleep and all). DF earns a few pennies, as does AC, but still i must be in the bottom 5% of earners on all servers... i just can't get cash :(

250g to me is about a weeks work, and i still don't even own my own set of armour...

Nice way to get money solo:
Farm aurulite and sell, 1000auru can be done in 1-2 hours solo without bot by alot of classes and sells for some 400g or so (at least on classic).
Farm Sapphire seals in df and sell, can be done by alot of classes without bot and sells for 3g or so per seal.
Go on DS raids. A single run takes 1-1,5 hours and gives around 100g in money alone and probably a couple drops you can sell for at least as much.
Task instances give decent gold.
Farm some DS area bosses and sell drops.

When we get DR, make sure to take buffs and heal and you can solo very well on these and other activites to get money.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Rediknight said:
(if anyones curious, im playing Toto in Wizard of Oz - go me! hahahaha!)

"Wheres Toto??", "He's out the back on his phone, having a fag, Dorothy..." :D

ROFL :D

Niffnuff

Fledgling Freddie
Got a short question :).

All the buffs in the cl-buff line are conc based arcording to camelot herald. Is it possible to use all those buffs on one character or do you have to leave some out because you are ooc :). If so, how many buffs can normally be used on a char?

rah

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Speed 10 scrolls on internal servers do stack though, so you can run from Gothwaite Harbor to Avalon City in 43 seconds :D
don't e&e have permission to teleport on internal server?
running around sux ;/

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Say

The instances are based on ure lvl. Does that mean they are like Orange-red when entering with ure char and a bb? and so meaning tis fairly doable solo?

A

Aoln

where do i get this horse quest? only thing i wanted to know and this fucking guide doesnt say ;(

Tarang

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
where do i get this horse quest? only thing i wanted to know and this fucking guide doesnt say ;(

You've got to be kidding me! If not, read the guide again for christ sake! :twak:

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
1p for even a basic horse...

so yet again, just as i have never been able to afford a house, i will be on foot whilst the rest of the realm rides into battle.

I understand that to a lot of people 1p isn't much, but these are the people who have LGM crafter alts, buffbot accounts or powergame their way to every single drop and artifact in the game.

Sadly, even though i have pre-ordered DR, as i'm only in the 500's for weaponsmithing and i don't have a second account for a bot or anything, ill just shrug and let Camelot once again run away from me until my subs once again run out, i guess...

I would recommend u focus on first buying a house, a porch and a consignment merchant, that way it will be a lot easier for you to generate cash. Before I got a house to sell from, I also had a permanently low finance situation, after I have money, though not toally rich, like some peeps.

To get hte money for house etc. go farm aurulite or go Darkspire, with a group, as people tell u. If your just a little lucky some of those drops will be able to pay for your house.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, silly question.

Just got the Upsilon Staff (champ weapon) on my Theurgist. I tried to /use it to get the power refresh charge, but nothing happens. It says you need to kill the circle of five below it. Does that mean that contrary to this guide both first and second ability need unlocking ?

(And yeah, I'm slow <grin>)

Darzil

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
PenrithRM said:
Don't buy it!
its a very cheap expansion set if you have catacombs allready..

and you do get some decent abilities and some HP / power boost and a good weapon + some fluff! :touch:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
PenrithRM said:
Don't buy it!
why are you even still here? You've been whining out of your arse for weeks now about how much you're looking forward to your sub running out, so why don't you go troll the DDO boards instead?

I'm sure they'll love to hear how much you hate camelot :m00:

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
I have a little question which has probably been answered already but I can't find it offfhand ...

I seem to recall my Warden getting the /use1 ability on her CW when she hit CL3. Now my Ranger hit CL3 & it didn't unlock his CWs /use1 ability.

Can anyone answer this quickly or give me a link where this is answered directly (preferably not on page 97 of the thread :p)?

ziriel

Fledgling Freddie
OohhoO said:
I have a little question which has probably been answered already but I can't find it offfhand ...

I seem to recall my Warden getting the /use1 ability on her CW when she hit CL3. Now my Ranger hit CL3 & it didn't unlock his CWs /use1 ability.

Can anyone answer this quickly or give me a link where this is answered directly (preferably not on page 97 of the thread :p)?

You need to have co5 done to get the "secondary" ability (/use1). I got it when i was CL2.

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
After doing the Champion Quests are you supposed to be around CL2-3? I have done 2 champion quests and am about to do CO5, but I'm not even CL1...how come I'm getting CL xp so slowly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom