*Basic Guide to Darkness Rising*

Tilda

Yes they do I think, someone, although i'm not certain its armour crafters, gets recipies for armour, and barding, and other things to hang off your horse.

Qual I won't have thought would have an effect, because your horse dosn't have hp's. Once you get hit, the horse vanishes, so i'd be very supprised if quality was in any way relevant.

Umpaidh

Fledgling Freddie
Best thing to do when doing CL3 dungon is go in with 2 or 3 fg's
much faster to get to each boss that way.

Then all on boss till he at 10% then other group/s back off
wait for repop (about 5 mins max) then do again for other group/s

Is faster this way overall, even tho you do each boss 2 or 3 times.

The CL3 Dungeon is not instance so mobs repop, and at a fast rate as well, drop nice gems worth good money, can easy make a few plat a run.

Xarnus

Fledgling Freddie
I have a question though guys,

as i understand it horsespeed wont stack with casterspeed. So when a caster with speed or a minstrel, skald or bard for that matter summons a horse the horse will ride at the speed that person would normally have. Why would i wanne use a horse for then? roaming in the frontiers is all about not getting noticed and the best way to get noticed is riding a horse imo :eek7:, or am i missing something here? Also if non-speed classes are given speed through horses now and speed classes gain no extra benefit from em, wont we be in a disadvantage?
Not writing this to whine, just to get informed :cheers:

great guide btw Eggy

Tilda

Xarnus said:
I have a question though guys,

as i understand it horsespeed wont stack with casterspeed. So when a caster with speed or a minstrel, skald or bard for that matter summons a horse the horse will ride at the speed that person would normally have. Why would i wanne use a horse for then? roaming in the frontiers is all about not getting noticed and the best way to get noticed is riding a horse imo :eek7:, or am i missing something here? Also if non-speed classes are given speed through horses now and speed classes gain no extra benefit from em, wont we be in a disadvantage?
Not writing this to whine, just to get informed :cheers:

great guide btw Eggy
Horse speed and minsterel/sorc speed I think, do stack. However, the fastest "speed" you can get is minstrel speed.
So if your on a horse and have caster speed, I think you can go faster than caster speed.
The non-speed classes get a bit of speed through horses, however, horse != caster speed.
Speed classes speed was boosted a few patches ago iirc.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
lol :D
Quote:
Slower than doing it PVE, but it still works for lazy Swedish people.

lol

doh.. need to spred some rep around before you can give it to eggy again :/

Nån vill dö i förtid...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Overdriven said:
Give ML4000 ><

Aye, hopefully - though if you go for all 5 it could take a while, I'd say, get the first 3 done in 1 day, the next; the next day.

meant the 3 quests :) (quests are not the same as levels - levels are from xp, of which you get a load from the quests - 2.5 champ levels worth or so)

if you go to modernagrav for a day you'll be CL5 and can ignore the quests completely.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ttillub said:
When was it postponed to 2006?

Last official estimate is still christmas 2005 I think?

christmas was always an "it'd be nice but probably not"

bear in mind that the US didn't finish with 1.80 till November the 11th (a month after DR release) - we get the finished 1.80 version.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tilda said:
Horse speed and minsterel/sorc speed I think, do stack. However, the fastest "speed" you can get is minstrel speed.
So if your on a horse and have caster speed, I think you can go faster than caster speed.
The non-speed classes get a bit of speed through horses, however, horse != caster speed.
Speed classes speed was boosted a few patches ago iirc.

nah, caster speed doesn't stack with horse speed (sprint does though)

if you have a horse you go horse speed.
Caster speed on horse = caster speed
mincer speed on horse = nmincer speed

(as both level 5 caster and mincer speed are faster than horse speed)

Horse speed isn't an advantage for a speed class but it doesn't make speed classes obsolete by any means. normal speed has the advantages of:
not having to stand still for 10s to start the speed
not having speed vanish and need to stand still and restart it if you get into combat
not being spiked by caltrops
(unless you want to ride around on your horse and look cool of course)

There's also the saddlebags: 8 inventory slots and 200 encumberance on your horse.

And to answer the person aages ago about horses:

1p horse is all you need, anything above that is looks and nothing more.

Xarnus

Fledgling Freddie
thx for the quick replies guys, although i find it a bit sad that speed classes wont get any real use out of horses i take comfort in knowing that targetting those damn luri's is gonne be a lot easier :clap:

Riotsz

Fledgling Freddie
anyone know if this will be implemented on the Classic servers??

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Speed 10 scrolls on internal servers do stack though, so you can run from Gothwaite Harbor to Avalon City in 43 seconds :D

Serosh

Fledgling Freddie
Riotsz said:
anyone know if this will be implemented on the Classic servers??

Unless GOA handles it different from mythic - yes, it will be implemented on classic.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
im sure someone asked about necromancer pets and fighter cl abilitys.

No the styles do not work while in shade mode the self buffs do work.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but you can 'cast' while on your mount. As a Vamp I could cast self haste and speed. People are saying they can cast DD's etc while on a Mount in RvR.

Also, as a crafter of 710 on Gareth, I can see the option to make the saddle bags etc but I appear to be too low... so you might have to be 800+ to make those items.

Darkness Rising CL2 or 3 gives you a number of instanced areas in the classic zones which you cannot access if not in the DR Client (sound stupid but people are making these mistakes thinking classic = all clients.)

CL1 is really nice for RP people, nice story. For non RP... lots of walking!

Tilda

Just to add to your thing about casting.
You can cast all non-offensive spells on a mount, (subject to the whole not moving thing unless your a vamp) such as shields, and I think heals.
However, if you cast a nuke or mez on a mount, and the spell lands, you get dismounted.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Any one know if the shield u can u get at CL3 is small, medium or large?

Also I take it, you can spec in shield (if not normally allowed)...would you get small, meduim or large shield?

Basically asking for my hunter, I wanna spec him 1h sword and shield when DR comes out.

Casiraghi

Loyal Freddie
Adoctor said:
Any one know if the shield u can u get at CL3 is small, medium or large?

Also I take it, you can spec in shield (if not normally allowed)...would you get small, meduim or large shield?

Basically asking for my hunter, I wanna spec him 1h sword and shield when DR comes out.

Dont think you can use a shield as hunter, might remember wrong though :)

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
So, I can just talk to King once then go RVR to get the levels?
Yes, easy peasy. Slower than doing it PVE, but it still works for lazy Swedish people.

Oooh the pain! :D

Avokz

Fledgling Freddie
actually i thought it was rather easier getting CL XP rvr. But it depends... you can do CL1-> CL5 in one day very good solo'ing... the Champion Quests will ding you t cl2.9 ~ cl3 tho. But if you are in a grp of 2 - 3 - 4 it shouldnt be a prob at all to get CL5 within 3 days of decent RVRing.

Horses are not faster then theurg/RM/Enchanter/Sorc speed anyhow ...

I might add, that for Clerics (only tested it on Cleric) the CL abilities SUCK. First i thought i'd get styles, so i can kill pets with the SToG, it looks like a friar but dosnt do more dmg then unstyled. Apperantly. Same with hammer/shield equipped. Looked like a warden :>

The i tested the disease line, and all the debuffs last for like 20 secs, the disease fo 15 secs. Almost NO point in getting that =( CL respecs are only 50g tho, thats cool :p

ps: dno if this crap was already posted ... didnt wanna rean all 4 pages :/

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Will necromancer's horses have a side car? for the pet hehe

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Well I've only played it on EU test servers, and there isn't much RVR going on there :p

Avokz

Fledgling Freddie
i assumed such a fact so i just said what i might could add to that :)

also, the Chapter 3 quest is "funny"

defeat the circle of 5... there are 5 mobs in that DR dungeon (somewhere in the black mountains). You have to kill em all and its grp encounter... so might get yourself a good pve grp for that :)

after that you have to kill Azalazel (or however he's spelled). His entrance is after the Legion in that dungeon, but not that hard like Legion in DF ;) Howerever, its an instance capped at 8 man. He wont move outta his roundlett thingy which u think is easy tho. But within the time he'll spawn ghosts from all the 5 mobs be4, i suggest u pull off and kill them ghosts because they are leaving his place. Aza dots, which is actually the hard thing. Coz the dots hits for 600+ :> We had luckily a friar with us... he only concentrated on dedotting coz he dots a lot... Aye, they all drop OTDs which are decent, and as last item u get the necklace which is actually really nice. (5x 8% resists or smt) witha MHB charge...

if you have questions or wanna know smt what u didnt got test just ask :)

aye, CL repsec stones - 50g in the king instance

AND you can dye Artifact- and Championweapons when u're CL-x and ML-x not sure about the numbers ... the dyes cost 125g and are also available in the kings instance --- PÜÜÜH at smiley max when i post big stuff ... *sadsmiley*

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Dr

Have a reppt.
One question : in the US if you pre-order DR you got a free set of bardings not available to those who didn't. Any idea if it will be the same for us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom