Base Units

Vae

Resident Freddy
Ok I've had a look around all the threads and there was only really one dealing with base units.

I'm basicly looking for a base unit for my brother preferably where I can customise what goes in it. I normally build my own but since he doesn't live near me I just want to recommend one to him.

Any recommendations for sites to try? I've looked at Gladiator systems (as recommended on the other thread) but no customisation options. I've also looked at Mesh which are an option but I want to check out some comparisons. I think he's looking at 600-700 approx if anyones got specific recommendations :D

Oh also how bad is the Radeon 9200 (256Mb) as I see you mainly recommend a 9600 XT as a reasonable gfx card for the price.

Any help from that nice man Jonty? :D

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Vae said:
Any recommendations for sites to try? I've looked at Gladiator systems (as recommended on the other thread) but no customisation options. I've also looked at Mesh which are an option but I want to check out some comparisons. I think he's looking at 600-700 approx if anyones got specific recommendations :D
I'd definately recommend Mesh - their systems are generally top notch and the build quality superb. They're still a beige-box shifter but they're one who will look after your brother well support-wise, which is a big plus considering the distance
Oh also how bad is the Radeon 9200 (256Mb) as I see you mainly recommend a 9600 XT as a reasonable gfx card for the price. :D
The 9200 is basically ATIs new name for the Radeon 8500, a two TMU, four pipelined DX8 chip, so while it's quicker than a Radeon 9000 it lacks any DX9 support and is pretty slow in todays terms.

Xav

Vae

Resident Freddy
Xavier said:
I'd definately recommend Mesh - their systems are generally top notch and the build quality superb. They're still a beige-box shifter but they're one who will look after your brother well support-wise, which is a big plus considering the distance
Xav

Cheers Xavier

You'd hope that an IT student could sort all this out himself rather than relying on someone like me who's not done any IT education since I was 14 :rolleyes:
Well here's hoping they teach him something.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
I can also recommend mesh. That is where i got me sisters system from. And they are all black boxes now :p

Brilliant support and good prices.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I third that, one of my mate's bought a Mesh system (which was super as it was) and their customer support was also smashing. His Radeon 9700 packed in after about three months: a phone call later and a 9700 Pro was on it's way without any question, other than to stick the old 9700 in a back and send it back.

Cracking!

G

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
I am most pleased to read this thread... cos I just ordered a Mesh meself.
Been waiting for the prices to drop, and they did last week :)

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
I recommended Mesh to my Dad and he's really pleased with the system they provided and the after sales care too. :)

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
My brother has a Mesh system, he says it works just fine, prices are generally keen too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom