Barrysworld please read :)

O

old.kirkslovechild

Hi theres a few of us out there that spend AGES online.
At Barrysworld.
Guys the fraggers are not happy bunnies,
before having to leave a great game owing to my wheelchair
shoving me in reverse for no apparent reason!hehehe
freaky or what!!!:D
the guys were really ranting about this tech
thing you are doing,you must be aware Jolt have set up some
EF servers,please dont think this is a rant on my part but look
at it like this,be a great shame that one of the main stays of
the EF community should all of a sudden lose the respect
and more importantly the people who have been loyal to BW.
once trust is lost its very hard to get back.
i hope you guys have thought
this through this is no bull theres a lot of very unhappy players
out there right now,and that spam that pops up just makes em madder! :p

M

mr.Blacky

uhmmm the thing is I can see the servers without the barrylogon and join them too?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
thats cos they are not behind the auth system yet.

Within the next few hours that will change.

O

old.kirkslovechild

ops! :Oo

i just registered and got all the gear
its toitall knackered my OS.
after the log on.
i was getting DLL errors all the time,
im running Windows ME,
i got rid of it,and restarted and the machine
was back working fine?
and yep it was all working fine beofore.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Re: ops! :Oo

Originally posted by kirkslovechild
i just registered and got all the gear
its toitall knackered my OS.
after the log on.
i was getting DLL errors all the time,
im running Windows ME,
i got rid of it,and restarted and the machine
was back working fine?
and yep it was all working fine beofore.

Can u post a proper message in the techtrial forum.

Include WHAT you installed etc.

W

wadada

bye barrysworld

what a fucking shitsoftware

i not even bother to try anymore, make sure it works ok when you develope something and people paying for barrysworld ? lol maybe some brainwashed millionaires will do but not me.

first askig us how to improve the servers and now let us pay lol your all shit !

i have only one word for it < bettrayers >

rofl

well i am happy i can make a server myself or join another server besides barrysworld .

=[ wadada ]=

R

reubs

heh, think I might save that one and frame it...

does anyone else think we might actually be better of without mr wadada at BW anyway? :)

On a serious note - the software, both BarryLogon and BarryBar has been tested a great deal, however bugs always manage to slip through the net, so if you do get a problem, installing or running the software, please let us know the details and we'll look into it.

E

Embattle

Works fine on my computer.....then again perhaps an IDIOTS GUIDE TO BARRYLOGON might help wadada :rolleyes:

C

[CLF]picard17

Right heres one for ya when i installed barrys log on and barr and so on i had GSA runnin and was loged on there under a account than i dont normally use {smurf}.Now whenever i run GSA under that account name. It will only show barrys servers but if i then log off GSA and re log with my normall account i see all servers.This happens with or without barrys log on enabled.

O

old.Nop$ter

Right

I rarely contribute anything but playing-time but i read ya stuff and keep up (so please dont bother slagging me for commenting at this time)

KLChild is right - and my win2k didnt like it either - the registration wouldnt even work for me - and no yur wrong most places would be better with Wadada!!

I hope BW to manage to get it right if they really do want to do this - i just gave up.

Regards

sadunhappybunniesfriend:( :( :( :(

R

reubs

Nop$ster - did the registration start? or was it the Microsoft Installer which didn't kick in at all?

you couldn't post us details of the bit where it broke and what it said could you, then we can look into it.

cheers mate

p.s. picard - posted a reply to your question in the other thread you posted it :)

W

wadada

ok

sorry about the softwarecomment, i apologize, it is working ok now ! but let us pay ( maybe in future ) is really shit ! And thank you nopster me friend , yeah places are so much better with wadada loooooool

w
a
d
d
y

: P

M

mr.Blacky

Originally posted by Reubs
does anyone else think we might actually be better of without mr wadada at BW anyway? :)

well this is a disapointment. thank you for your reaction, I hope this is a joke? If not might I point to you that EF com is not very large and EVERYBODY is welcome and wanted. Next to that Wadada designs very nice maps, and oh gues what some are used on BW servers.
I have downloaded the prog and used it, it worked for me, no change as far as I could see in how EF feels for me. Though being with 3 people on all the BW servers was feeling a bit lonely :(

/edit seeing your other posts I am thinking a joke though

O

old.[RG]DarkDemon

Well i've just installed that BW logon thingie whassname

I have Xp and it installed & set up no problem

Thing is I went into GSA and guess what EVERY SINGLE EF server was... yes you guessed it... empty

And with JOLT now doing EF servers... oh dear me poor old BW

Methinks jolt are laughing their socks off

BTW, I do have one concern about this systray BW thingie, if some unscrupulous hacker were to get into the BW system could they use this software as a "back door" to get into users PC's?

/me realises that might be a dumb question, but hell what do I know about P2P (whatever that is)

W

widdy

win98 worked fine apart from a few loging on problems at first but I have sorted them now.
Having the same problem as piccy with GSA though,BW shows up on one GS username/account and not the other.
DL/ed the Barrybar and got to admit I like it,especially the fact that it only comes up when visiting the barrysworld sites :) would be nice if you ever update the bar to maybe make the forum button remember which forums you visit regular so then you don't have to trapes through your history files.
Tried the server browser and that works o.k. although it would be nice if you could impliment it to launch the game when you double click the server (though I very much doubt if this could be done)

All I can say is nice work guys,although I was dubious about it when it was first announced I'm more than happy that I have got it and am using it.

O

old.[RG]DarkDemon

Ok so now I've got the barrybar and I have to agree with Widdy, Its pretty cool!

I think that it could be refined, but as far as 1st runs go its pretty good

I will use it, from now onwards :clap:

O

old.Nop$ter

Mmmm lol

Welll I talk loads about this to people and this morning the whole thing worked fine (blush).

Yeah - we have been lucky to have BW but this feels so ewwwww and still ALL servers r empty.

Last nite i ended up laying loads a people, in weird places, i hadnt seen in ages - so something good in every weirdness.

If you took the fear of an unknown outcome away (of a *successful* auth. trial) people might feel less toyed with?

nOOper

:rolleyes:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by [RG]DarkDemon
Well i've just installed that BW logon thingie whassname

I have Xp and it installed & set up no problem

Thing is I went into GSA and guess what EVERY SINGLE EF server was... yes you guessed it... empty

And with JOLT now doing EF servers... oh dear me poor old BW

Methinks jolt are laughing their socks off

BTW, I do have one concern about this systray BW thingie, if some unscrupulous hacker were to get into the BW system could they use this software as a "back door" to get into users PC's?

/me realises that might be a dumb question, but hell what do I know about P2P (whatever that is)

BarryLogon HAS NO listening ports. This means that noone can connect to it. It only makes outbound connections to a server at BarrysWorld. This is done over SSL/128bit encryption. ie. Industrial strength (the same as used on 99% of all ecommerce sites). Does this help?

R

reubs

Thanks for the feedback folks, glad you on the whole approve of the software.

nop$ster - once the auth trial is complete and we have an auth solution we're happy with, we'll move to a subscription service. Right now I can't tell you what might be in that, or not in that, and how much we might want to charge for whats in it for a really simple reason, I/We don't know yet.

It depends on a lot of factors, how succesful the auth trial is, on what happens in our market over the coming months, which new outfits start up, which existing outfits shut down, get sold, change their offerings, it also depends quite a lot on the research and design we're doing at the moment on how subs could be made to work, and we intend to make it work...

We're shying away from public debate on the matter, because we've got too much to sort out ourselves first, and public debate is only going to detract from our task at hand, getting the tech trial running with useful feedback.

On the issue of empty servers, yes because if your not logged on they don't show ingame or in GSA/ASE other than untitled/unscanned a lot of people won't realise they are still there, which is why we need help at least telling them there still available. If people choose to play elsewhere, thats fine, their choice. We'll keep doing what we can to promote the tech trial and the logon process and see what develops over the next few days.

oh and I think me and mr wadada are cool, just a bit of hot air :)

O

old.Nop$ter

Hi - nuff said, ta :D

btw - darn - barrysbar good

W

widdy

Originally posted by Nop$ter

Last nite i ended up laying loads a people, in weird places, i hadnt seen in ages - so something good in every weirdness.

I'm pleased i wasn't on any of those servers! ;)

/me keeps bum cheeks firmly closed lol

O

old.SHY-FX

This is the biggest load of bollox I have ever heard

G

greendemon

My opinion...

for what it's worth.

Personally I think that the vast majority of gamers won't install the software unless there is a real need to do so.
The way the gaming world is now, there is no need to do so.

With the various game browsers that are out there, I can find a Server (in the UK if I really want to) without installing any extra software.

To be honest, I don't want anything unnecessary on my machine, and this is unnecessary. Windoze is flakey enough, and I'm not likely to willy nilly install stuff like this, that could compromize the stability of my system.

I'm not saying the software is crap, it may be very well written for all I know. All I'm saying is, that I think peeps will be put off by having to install something like this.

Remember the Wireplay Browser? What happened to them?!

My advice to you BW. Obviously you need to make money somehow, but find some other way of doing it!

W

widdy

lol don't you just hate it when people come into a subject half way through.I doubt a vast majority of the people commenting on this subject (apart from the ones who are in the tech trial forum) have even read what this is all about.
This piece of software has been designed so that when Barrysworld decide to go P2P there is a way for people to get onto thier server,it has been brought out at this early stage so they can get feedback on how they may make it work better or if the system is good enough in the first place.It's not another Server browser they have brought out it's a logining in system.
This is a necessary piece of software in many ways,as I have said above it's a way for the people who decide to pay (when it comes in) to get access to the servers,not only that I'm fairly sure that when you goto a server it automatically logs which server you goto.This will be an excellent way to deter cheats (in games like Q3 etc) because they can refused access by thier account being blocked.
If people are put of by this then it's thier loss.there is absolutly nothing wrong with it.After all the only thig you need is the logon program,the barrybar is just optional (but an excellent extra none the least)
Got to love that last bit though GD,"My advice to you BW. Obviously you need to make money somehow, but find some other way of doing it!" don't you think they have already tried that? look what happened to them last time,if it wasn't for EB stepping in there would be no BW today.Like it has been said so many times before they are a company,not a charity.BW must cost a fortune to run and they are no doubt running it at a loss.I think they have all done us a favour by not making us pay for so long,how many companies do you know that would fork out all this money just to keep us happy?

O

old.Lordy RAA

only the trouble is because a lot of people are not using the software the servers are not being used. The few people that have the software are not going on an empty server.

O

old.Nop$ter

Oh my god the things people say......... mmmm

Did i miss a p out? or is that a differnt type of game ewwww...

:m00: :)

W

widdy

Originally posted by Nop$ter
Oh my god the things people say......... mmmm

Did i miss a p out? or is that a differnt type of game ewwww...

:m00: :)

lol either you missed the P out or I was taking the P.........hehe

G

greendemon

lol, don't you just hate it when peeps don't understand your posts?

Well Widdy, I did not say it was a Server Browser. I know exactly what it does, and I have followed the thread from start to finish, and have read the huge post on the Tech Trial Forum.

I am not after an argument, I was simply stating my opinion. Whether you agree with me or not, there is no need to jump at me like that. We have never had crossed words before, and I don't see we should over something like this.

My point is simply that, I do not want to install software unless it is necessary. All I am suggesting is, that a lot of peeps may think like me, and just won't do it.

I don't "need" to install this to play games, so I simply do not intend to do so. If I get stuck trying to find Servers in the future, I may have to, but right now, I don't need to.

I'm not adverse to change, quite the opposite infact. When I said "find some other way to do it" I was speaking from a technical point of view. I actually agree that BW need to charge!

O

^OnyX^

/me not gonna install the software !

So, see u guys on Jolt ...... :p

W

widdy

Sorry GD,it was only the last part of the post that was really directed at you even so it looks like i miss understood it but most of the arguements/moans on this and the TT thread have been about the P2P system,I just jumped to a conclusion so sorry if I caused offence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom