Barrysworld.com email addresses - Pondering the Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steiny

Fledgling Freddie
Clearly a lot of people are a bit miffed that they are going to lose their barrysworld.com email addresses, especially when the cost of redirecting can't be much more than zip.

So, the question is, what can we do to try and encourage the nice people at game.net to set us up basic forwarding?

Oh yeah - #barrysworldemail for IRC fun

Luap

Loyal Freddie
Whats needed is DNS control of the barrysworld.com domain.

With this mail can be directed where you like. I for one can offer some pop3 access but I will need a hand with the scripting.

Embattle

FH is my second home
As much as I hate the spam that seems to enter my BW addy I don't fancy having to change all that is registered with my BW addy. Plus embattle@barrysworld.com just seems to fit so so well :)

kanonfodda

Fledgling Freddie
It would be nice to keep it, especially as the company who host my domain keep blocking my home IP :S

Utumno

Fledgling Freddie
Forwarding barrysworld.com email is going to be tricky for GAME, because the clueless bunch of muppets don't own the domain...

Utumno. :kissit:

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
whos the "owner" of barrysworld.com then? i thought ownership would have been transferred when game bought the company over?

id like to see the barrysworld.com e-mails retained purely for nostalgic sake.. since the rest is somewhat destined for archive.org and the wastepaper bin it wont be nice.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I wouldn't mind having a freddyshouse based one but would still like to see a bw forwarding system in place for at least 3 months.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I would rather pay for another domain than have a shitmail account ;)

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah sucks, really hope they find a way to at least redirect, not looking forward to changing every email stored for the last few years :/

Embattle

FH is my second home
That it may be but it would be like a building front but nothing inside.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Just to resutrected this thread. Does anyone have any good, free, alternative e-mail sites that arn't shite web based ones like hotmail?

I don't really fancy using my ntlWorld address, as I've been using it for years to enter addressess where I don't want any contact. Now it's full of 1000's of spam.

bigbb

Loyal Freddie
Cyfr said:
Barrysworld.com is registered until 2007..

to...

Antichrist Holding B.V.
Terrence Koeman
Gijsbrecht van Amstelstraat 182a
Hilversum, Noord-Holland 1214BD
NL

not...

Game.net

Whipped

Part of the furniture
BarrysWorld.com is being held by the AntiChrist!!!

S

Stoned

So can anything be done about this?

I dont want to lose my address :(

Dont mind paying a few quid towards anyserver that could host it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Whipped said:
Just to resutrected this thread. Does anyone have any good, free, alternative e-mail sites that arn't shite web based ones like hotmail?

I don't really fancy using my ntlWorld address, as I've been using it for years to enter addressess where I don't want any contact. Now it's full of 1000's of spam.

You can have up to 5 email address with ntlworld, I use a variation of my private email address to keep spam at bay. All you have to do is re-register via their ntlworld site, and you can get more email addys.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Couple of things:

1) There is a dispute between Game.NET and the current registrant of barrysworld.com. I cannot say anymore.

2) All accounts will be shutdown as per the email including mine :( Not that I care anymore as its full of spam now and I prefer my teczone and freddyshouse emails.

3) Forwarding of emails will not happen. GAME.NET want to shutdown the entire multiplay section of the business. If they setup forwarding, or anything else like that it will mean support potentially and something else to worry about.

4) That was actually 4 things not a couple :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Its a shame, because I have not a clue what I registered with using my BW.com email :/

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I already dealt with these problems cause i accidentally changed my bw account to a user@my.game.net account (which will be deleted to i guess) and as such i've probably lost lots of things anyway.

Atm im resorting to using my university email which i dont really wanna do cause its only got an imap store and no external sendmail server (and their vpn confuses me).

So if any1 does come up with an alternative id like to know.

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I stopped using mine, it just got hammered with spam, i ended up registering my own domain so i had my own address, rather than some shitemail one.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Yay. Sorted out my mail now. See below.

edit : Or don't, as my sig doesn't seem to want to update itself.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:
Its a shame, because I have not a clue what I registered with using my BW.com email :/

I only get emails from some of the other peeps from round here on mine....the rest seems to be spam atm.

Cyfr

Banned
raw said:
I stopped using mine, it just got hammered with spam, i ended up registering my own domain so i had my own address, rather than some shitemail one.
For what it costs all users should do this :p.. I've had NO spam whatsoever since I got mine. I could not possibly go back to hotmail and its 'Enlarge your penis' adds :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Never, ever, not even once got a spam mail on my @barrysworld.com addy ........

- that's why I'm sorry to see it go :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom