Barrows

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by lacroix
(imagine: no need to dress up, listen to boring conversations, smiling at silly jokes, looking for the next business opportunity

ah, heck i tried this, it doesnt work - i lose jobs too easily now, for screaming sexual discrimination cos i cant wear baggies and a t-shirt into the office ;) Besides, i'm a big fan of comedy transgressing all boundaries of rank and position in a company, whereas a lot of bosses don't often see the funny side of my japes.

I also learnt that when you see your MD in a bar, no matter how drunk you are, theres no sense in going up to him, giving him a hug, then standing back to admire his wife, quite vocally. I don't know if me calling for a vote on "whether his wife was fit or not" was the right thing to do either...

ah well, can't change the past, huh?

:clap:

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by elveniel
pls stfu about spelling kthx.

Agreed,a good friend of mine no longer posts here as he is dyslexic,as long as people get their point over,that`s all that matters.

Unless ofc the game changes to Dark Age of Grammar,and every person posting would like their threads marking,like handing in an essay at school.

P.S Dan I agree with you 100%,but you cannot blame the individuals,the fault lies with Mythic for changing the game,from being based on good communial grouping, to encouraging the perfect individual,the shit will really hit the fan with the arrival of the bufbot patch,expect plenty of 2 char groups after this camping every known xp spot there is 24/7.

L

lacroix

Originally posted by The Real Redi
ah, heck i tried this, it doesnt work - i lose jobs too easily now, for screaming sexual discrimination cos i cant wear baggies and a t-shirt into the office ;) Besides, i'm a big fan of comedy transgressing all boundaries of rank and position in a company, whereas a lot of bosses don't often see the funny side of my japes.

I also learnt that when you see your MD in a bar, no matter how drunk you are, theres no sense in going up to him, giving him a hug, then standing back to admire his wife, quite vocally. I don't know if me calling for a vote on "whether his wife was fit or not" was the right thing to do either...

ah well, can't change the past, huh?

:clap:

Lol - if you really did, kudos to you ... :D - personally, I always admire the "corporate rebels", especially if they got a sense of humour/style and are not merely "dumb" ... :p

But then, personally I am too much of a compliant "corporate whore" and coward (ok, I prefer to call it "being consensus-oriented" and "constructive" :p ), I guess (that's why I take the view stated in my above post :p )

E

eben

Originally posted by Gold-i2
Like I said, trying to help people. Some people are not capable of learning the basics, and I am sorry for you. But I don't whine, I correct.

You sir, are a pedant. Go look that word up in your beloved dictionary.

Do you correct people all the time irl? What a charming chap you must be to hang around with.

What you are doing is not helping, but being patronising. When you start your post with:

"Today we are going to study the words

They're
Their
There
"

that's not help, rather you being a smart-arse.

Who gives a shit about having perfect grammar and spelling on a WEB FORUM. People type fast and don't care. Furthermore, many on these boards do not have English as their native tongue.

Shitty pendantry like what you have displayed is totally unwarranted. If someone posts something so unintelligible you can simply ask for clarification, not be a smart-arse making cheap-shots whilst sporting a shit-eating grin.

Well done for hijacking a decent thread and for making yourself look a fool on the boards.

E

eben

Elveniel, the discussion was about using the right word in the right place, not spelling. I doubt anyone that wrote "...PL'ing there chars..." actually tried to spell "their". ;)

If you wanted to HELP the person making that kind of mistake why not PM him?

Going public picking on the guy is pretty low and lame.

D

danhyr

yeah

yeah and it runied my perfectly good post.......

G

Gold-i2

Originally posted by eben
If you wanted to HELP the person making that kind of mistake why not PM him?

Going public picking on the guy is pretty low and lame.

Do you know how many people fail to use "they're", "there" and "their" in a correct manner?

If I sent a PM to every person I would ofcourse keep myself occupied, but I find 1 post on a forum works better.

And Eben...as for the school-remark, well, I was trying to keep it light. I could post "Hey you dumb f*cks..." etc, but I thought that would be quite negative. Ofcourse, some people can't handle being corrected, and these are the people that never learn. We learn from mistakes, you see.

And I didn't say anything about perfect grammar, mkay? I mentioned that nit-picking was a bad thing. However, using the wrong word in the wrong place is a bad thing. THAT makes you look foolish, or very young. And no, English is not my native language either. But, if I chose to express myself in a certain language, I try to do so correctly. I may not always succeed, but I try. People like you, on the other hand, get defensive when they are proven wrong. I am not gonna flame you with the obvious question whether you are religious aswell, just finish off by saying that if you don't want to learn, like I said, just ignore my post. I am not gonna force you to learn, I don't care that much if you or others write like you are 13, honestly. However, think about it, if someone wrote in YOUR native language, wouldn't you try to help them when they wrote something completely wrong? I would, since I would expect that they were learning the language and would appriciate the help. So yes, when I am out with friends that are new to my country, and they say something that doesn't really work, yeah, I do sometimes correct them (in a nice way, just like I first did here...but humour is lost on some people).

Oh, and dipshit (see, now that is negative), I didn't hijack the thread, I simply inserted a constructive post into it, people like you turned it into a flame, which wasn't the intention. So plz, stfu and let those who wanted to learn the meaning of the words learn, and the rest ignore it.

(And before you answer with a "I think they all know, they just write fast"...I had a lengthy conversation with an 18 yr old american kid who had no clue how to use "there" and "their". His teacher even told him an incorrect way of using "there", according to him atleast. So yeah, if school is that bad, I think I am doing people a favour by correcting certain faults.)

NOW...dan was complaining about how people were PL'ing their alts. Keep going.

T

tris-

blah blah

do you think anyone gives a shit about spelling here? thought this was a forum for DAoC not out of school learning. nowthing rong woth my speling anyway. maybe you shouldnt make so many mistakes your self and using the word AND to start a sentance.

G

Gold-i2

Originally posted by n3wbie
do you think anyone gives a shit about spelling here? thought this was a forum for DAoC not out of school learning. nowthing rong woth my speling anyway. maybe you shouldnt make so many mistakes your self and using the word AND to start a sentance.

New rules, m8. Starting a sentence with "and" is acceptable nowadays. Atleast in Swedish, and like I've tried to explain a few times, I don't comment on SPELLING. I comment on using the wrong word. Obviously a sensitive area for some people, therefor I will leave you all alone. Go back to complaining about PL-groups and do it with words that mean something completely different than intended. I'll let the schools continue to not educate you.

:)

E

eben

Do you know how many people fail to use "they're", "there" and "their" in a correct manner?

Who gives a flying fuck?

If I sent a PM to every person I would ofcourse keep myself occupied, but I find 1 post on a forum works better.

Why bother correcting him in the first place? Because you're a pedantic wanker. One private post would be far better. Even better is to say NOTHING at all. What did you hope to achieve FFS?

And Eben...as for the school-remark, well, I was trying to keep it light. I could post "Hey you dumb f*cks..." etc, but I thought that would be quite negative. Ofcourse, some people can't handle being corrected, and these are the people that never learn. We learn from mistakes, you see.

I don't call the way you started your post "light". I call it smart-arsed. You tried to take some cheap shots at somebody's grammar. Do you correct dyslexic people too?

The poster didn't want a goddamn grammar lesson ffs.

And I didn't say anything about perfect grammar, mkay? I mentioned that nit-picking was a bad thing. However, using the wrong word in the wrong place is a bad thing. THAT makes you look foolish, or very young. And no, English is not my native language either. But, if I chose to express myself in a certain language, I try to do so correctly. I may not always succeed, but I try. People like you, on the other hand, get defensive when they are proven wrong. I am not gonna flame you with the obvious question whether you are religious aswell, just finish off by saying that if you don't want to learn, like I said, just ignore my post. I am not gonna force you to learn, I don't care that much if you or others write like you are 13, honestly. However, think about it, if someone wrote in YOUR native language, wouldn't you try to help them when they wrote something completely wrong? I would, since I would expect that they were learning the language and would appriciate the help. So yes, when I am out with friends that are new to my country, and they say something that doesn't really work, yeah, I do sometimes correct them (in a nice way, just like I first did here...but humour is lost on some people).

Arsehole. Posting about bad grammar means you were correcting bad grammar. Don't lie.

I say again...this is a web forum and using incorrect grammar is not bad like you see it. Who GIVES A FUCK!? DO you have trouble shitting???

I'm not the one who is the fool; I don't have people flaming me for being a wanker who hijacks a thread to pick on someone's grammar.

Where I am defensive? I have nothing to lose. I have stated repeatedly I do not give a toss about web grammar. You DO. You are the one on the defensive by getting shirty.

What the fuck has it to do with religion too? Are you fucking mad or what?

The guy didn't post asking for a grammar lesson or a sermon from you so STFU and keep it on-topic.

Oh, and dipshit (see, now that is negative), I didn't hijack the thread, I simply inserted a constructive post into it, people like you turned it into a flame, which wasn't the intention. So plz, stfu and let those who wanted to learn the meaning of the words learn, and the rest ignore it.

(And before you answer with a "I think they all know, they just write fast"...I had a lengthy conversation with an 18 yr old american kid who had no clue how to use "there" and "their". His teacher even told him an incorrect way of using "there", according to him atleast. So yeah, if school is that bad, I think I am doing people a favour by correcting certain faults.)

Arsewipe, you did not add anything constructive to the thread. You took the piss out of someone for their grammar. You flamed his grammar you idiot. How low can you go? You took it off-topic.

As for stfu, I suggest you STFU. The poster DID NOT ASK TO LEARN ABOUT GRAMMAR, so you should STFU. Who the hell wanted to learn about grammar in this thread? Perhaps you, as your post has grammatical errors riddled throughout it, but I'm not about to become a pedant too.

You must be a dull person if you correct all your mate's faults all the time. Nice way to keep your friends.

No matter how many good intentions you had about the guys grammar, you had no right to take the piss publically. Good teachers do not humiliate people to teach them. Wankers like you do.

Let's look at your great grammar:

"I am not gonna force you to learn, I don't care that much if you or others write like you are 13"

Not a shining example of english prose. Gonna? LOL! Using "you" in conjunction with the plural "others"? LOL!! Using "13" and not thirteen?? See I can be a pedant too. The difference is you deserve the stick.

NOW...dan was complaining about how people were PL'ing their alts. Keep going.

FFS you HYPOCRITE. You took it off topic.

Welcome to my ignore list. I have better things to do then listen to any more of your shite.

That, Chris, is my FINAL ANSWER.

H

Heffer

you all have way too much time on your hands. leave it out of Danhyrs post if you want to 'help' ppl with grammar do it in 'off-topic' maybe?

A

Aravis

I assume that, with it being the school holidays, all the kiddies are getting to stay up late?

Might explain why they are so fractious at the moment...

;)

M

maxgirth

New rules, m8. Starting a sentence with "and" is acceptable nowadays. Atleast in Swedish I'll let the schools continue to not educate you.

:)

Mmm,pot,kettle,black spring to mind,we`ll let swedish schools continue to teach you the english language incorrectly then;).

P.S at least is 2 words not 1.

L

liste

P.S at least is 2 words not 1.

omfg loloolooo pwned m8!!111

oh, and gramma means very little on these boards. only situations where you could call for a clarification, is the ones where the point does not come across. Wether it is their, there or they're, does not confuse the subject. Your rediculous droning about it does, however.

Silly man..

D

danhyr

All of you just get the hell out of my thread.. kthx

:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread