News Banning texting causes more car crashes

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What about when you take into account injuries? And out of the number of driving related deaths how many are the driver and how many are bystanders (i.e. pedestrians, passengers in the car, people in other cars etc)?

Smoking is still way more dangerous :)

Edit: And Toht can't drive? He can fuck off then... (even tho I agreed with some of what he said)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Edit: And Toht can't drive? He can fuck off then... :eek:

Don't worry though, he was a passenger once, and the driver like so totally sent a text message and everyone was safe!!!

Krazeh

Part of the furniture

I have no doubt that in terms of deaths caused smoking is more 'dangerous' but isn't it the case that most smoking related deaths happen to the smoker as opposed to bystanders? Can the same be said for road deaths and drivers?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pause

Just for the record SHIT & FUCKED are not in the swear filter and therefore does not require *'s being inserted. Doing so makes people look retarded.

PS: Scouse I fixed the italics codes for you. That's true love right there.

Carry on

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Edit: And Toht can't drive? He can fuck off then... (even tho I agreed with some of what he said)

Nobody said i can't drive and don't listen to that windbag.

Even if i couldn't, it would still be valid to comment on driving.

Just for the record SHIT & FUCKED are not in the swear filter and therefore does not require *'s being inserted. Doing so makes people look retarded.

Really? Couldn't find anything else to complain about my posting? Since i'm the only one who's done it(clearly at me) and have so for years.

Christ almighty.

Calaen

Nobody said i can't drive and don't listen to that windbag.

Even if i couldn't, it would still be valid to comment on driving.

Really? Couldn't find anything else to complain about my posting? Since i'm the only one who's done it and have so for years.

Christ almighty.

Actually i do know about driving, i don't have a license, but i've driven mroe then you.

Do you have a valid Driving license for any country?

You know the answer is no!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Do you have a valid Driving license for any country?

You know the answer is no!

Does that equal that i don't know how to drive or that i haven't had one?

You silly little goose, another one who tries to bring speculations, lies and other such tomfoolery to the table, just because they wun like me :p

By the way, still haven't addressed the issue of you saying that you told me i'm wrong in saying i know what i want in life :p

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Going with "haven't had one" does that then mean you're so shit at driving that you've been banned? In which case, your input on safety is rofflecopter funny? Why else would one be stripped of a driving licence? I can't wait to hear this one, no doubt you'll have some special medical condition that required you to surrender it or maybe driving will be covered by your licence to kill instead?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't care really what you lot "can't wait to hear", you've once again turned a thread into some form of a toht bashing and no doubt, NO doubt think in your heads that it's my fault.

It's been going around on multiple threads and especially you Mystic, you got pissy about me saying something positive about your beloved show, which emans you have a problem with EVERYTHING i say, just because i say it. Not to mention making snide comments about posting habbits that started back in BW.

Calaen

Does that equal that i don't know how to drive or that i haven't had one?

You silly little goose, another one who tries to bring speculations, lies and other such tomfoolery to the table, just because they wun like me :p

By the way, still haven't addressed the issue of you saying that you told me i'm wrong in saying i know what i want in life :p

You are wrong. And I stand by it, you change your mind every 15 seconds on this forum and you expect me to believe you won't change your mind about something?? You are delusional.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You are wrong. And I stand by it, you change your mind every 15 seconds on this forum and you expect me to believe you won't change your mind about something?? You are delusional.

Show me one instance where i change my mind willy nilly, or in this magical 15 seconds.

Can't believe i'm actually discussing this with a person who thinks he knows more about me then me :p

Maybe this'll give some perspective to other people on how ridicilous this persecution has been.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Funny how whenever you lose an argument or can't come up with a counterpoint the "oh woe is me I'm so persecuted" bullshit crops up.

As for the SG:U thread, you weren't nice at all, you were like "it's better but it's better because it's like how I incessantly said it should be but I still don't like it like it".

Still, at least we know you're out of bullshit as you can't even honestly say that you either:
  • Have a driving licence
  • Have never had a driving licence
  • Have previously had a driving licence and had it revoked
No doubt you'll say that this is "private" or some other shit though despite the fact that this is an internet forum and isn't linked with your real identity.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Calaen

Show me one instance where i change my mind willy nilly, or in this magical 15 seconds.

Can't believe i'm actually discussing this with a person who thinks he knows more about me then me :p

Maybe this'll give some perspective to other people on how ridicilous this persecution has been.

You used to smoke, and then you stopped didn't you?

In other words you changed your mind abuot smoking. My thoughts are that you cannot say 100% that you will never do something when it comes to meeting the woman of your dreams. Love is a powerful thing and people have killed because of it, I'd be naive to think that your own opinion on having children couldn't change if you met the one that makes your skin tingle and heart race at the very thought of her.

That isn't me saying I know you better than yourself, it's me saying that people change their minds all the way through there lives and I personally can't believe you are any different.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's see some facts then, right?

- Ch3t started with the "Toht is x" shit.
- Calaen brought out of thread issues into it.
- You brought(in another thread or this) the SGG:U thing in AND me using * in f*ck.
- SG:U? I simply said i liked it more, you took it as some SG:U attack(again, none issue on thread even).

I think that any member, who looks at this objectively, can see the obvious harassment in several(almost every) thread where people come in with non-issues, out of thread crap, or just to post some generic thing about how i'm like x. I think there's a part in the coc about such behaviour towards single members.

Not once, NOT ONCE, have i started with the "toht is this" crap.

Those are facts.

You used to smoke, and then you stopped didn't you?

Nope. But hey, facts never stopped you from claiming so.

And yes, you're claiming that you know me better if you claim that i don't know things i want for certain.

Calaen

Let's see some facts then, right?

- Calaen brought out of thread issues into it.

No you mentioned the other thread first actually, I simply confirmed some facts from that thread.

To summarise, You brought up the other thread!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No you mentioned the other thread first actually, I simply confirmed some facts from that thread.

To summarise, You brought up the other thread!

To summarise; you brought the drink driving thread into a texting and driving thread, where as i mentioned ANOTHER texting and driving thread.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have no doubt that in terms of deaths caused smoking is more 'dangerous' but isn't it the case that most smoking related deaths happen to the smoker as opposed to bystanders? Can the same be said for road deaths and drivers?

Secondary smoking killed Roy Castle. That's all you need to know about that ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair Toht, if you've never driven (and I mean actually held a licence and have a good amount of experience) then your opinions on the subject are less valid.

But yep. People bringing up other shit about random stuff doesn't really help anything....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To be fair Toht, if you've never driven (and I mean actually held a licence and have a good amount of experience) then your opinions on the subject are less valid.

But yep. People bringing up other shit about random stuff doesn't really help anything....

Never said it's not less valid, just not irrelevant. Ofcourse an experienced driver would have more situations to pull opinions from, wider spectrum if you will. I'd listen to an experienced driver ofcourse, if they were valid points.

Even with 0 experience with cars it wouldn't mean fair points are fair points, if i said that i've got 15 years of driving experience professionally, would it really mean that everything i say becomes the word of god? ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fess up about your driving experience or fuck off tbfh. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Don't think i need to as it would change nothing i've said and it woudn't change peoples opinions, it's a non-issue really. I can throw you a PM on it if you're interested, but regarding the issue, not relevant.

No one else is throwing their experiences on their posts and opinions, so why would it be an issue with me alone ;)

Calaen

To summarise; you brought the drink driving thread into a texting and driving thread, where as i mentioned ANOTHER texting and driving thread.

I apolgised for that, I simply assumed the two threads were the same. That being said you told them to ignore me for saying you could not drive.

Yet from that other thread I have quoted a relevant post by yourself, saying that you do not hold a licence.

So while my initial post was a mistake (see my two previous aplogies) My second dip into that thread was relevant to show everyone what your experience is with regards to driving legally.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And why was it potent to show that in my case alone, with no regards to other peoples driving experience?

Fair point i believe, as i never claimed driving experience or used it as an enforcing point in EITHER thread.

Like i said, it's a non-issue and was until someone lit a lightbulb and went "Oh i can ask him this to trap him!"

Calaen

There was no trap at all.

But if I'm going to talk to someone about what anal feels like, I want to hear from someone who's felt it as opposed to someone who's watched someone else feel it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Smells strongly of bullshit

Well then it and scouse have plenty in common then.

It isn't so much BS as a case of throwing out another headline and not reading the whole story, if you do towards the end you find some reasons why the headline has a certain amount of truth.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There was no trap at all.

But if I'm going to talk to someone about what anal feels like, I want to hear from someone who's felt it as opposed to someone who's watched someone else feel it.

I asked why it's potent to ask it from me while leaving everyone elses driving experience be what it may? You have to admit that it's not consistent and because i never used my driving experience as a forcing point of my opinion(never even mentioned it), there is no good reason for asking it from me if it's not a general question to all and a requisition for posting on the thread to start with.

As such, as said, it's a non-issue to start with and it only became an issue after someone decided that it might be used a an argument point when all else fails. In this thread and on the other to start with.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Going with "haven't had one" does that then mean you're so shit at driving that you've been banned? In which case, your input on safety is rofflecopter funny? Why else would one be stripped of a driving licence? I can't wait to hear this one, no doubt you'll have some special medical condition that required you to surrender it or maybe driving will be covered by your licence to kill instead?

Still, at least we know you're out of bullshit as you can't even honestly say that you either:
  • Have a driving licence
  • Have never had a driving licence
  • Have previously had a driving licence and had it revoked
No doubt you'll say that this is "private" or some other shit though despite the fact that this is an internet forum and isn't linked with your real identity.

Don't think i need to as it would change nothing i've said and it woudn't change peoples opinions, it's a non-issue really. I can throw you a PM on it if you're interested, but regarding the issue, not relevant.

No one else is throwing their experiences on their posts and opinions, so why would it be an issue with me alone ;)
Surprise, sur-fucking-prise.

Do I win a medal for predicting the stream of bullshit in advance?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well then it and scouse have plenty in common then.

Actually Emb, my original post was about ineffective legislation - it's fuck all to do with whether texting is actually safe, contained a pop about the past labour gov's approach to legislation and a call for new legislation to be science based.

Yep. I'm full of bullshit me :)

Surprise, sur-fucking-prise.

Do I win a medal for predicting the stream of bullshit in advance?

No medal for predicting what everyone already predicted old bean. But I'll bum you for fixing the thread title if you like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom