[QUESTION] Banner walls

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Couple of quick questions based on possibly flawed observations;

Guild banners seem to count as solid collidable objects in RvR, so, if you stick a wall of banners up at the top of a keep ramp, enemy can't get past, and if you choose to form a tank wall (because if you're AoEing the banners, interupting the 10 sec banner pickup timer, a tank wall's really belt and braces to the whole proceeding) they can't be knocked back, leaving you with a nigh impenetrable wall that cannot be killed or removed.

So, to my questions;

1. Is this considered an exploit?

2. Is it possible to remove the collision element of the model whilst still leaving it interactive? This would pretty much instantly solve this issue.

Realise this is probably an ingame feedback/CSR report matter, however, I've had my fill of automated "thanks for your feedback, our QC department is busy ignoring it and will get back to you before the century's out, but please don't hold your breath" messages.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Good morning!
For now, we don't consider this an exploit. That is not to say that we see it an honourable tactic though. We'll see how things develop (basically how often this method is actually used) and further point this out to Mythic and see what their stance is on the topic.

Cheers for bringing this to our attention!
-Magnus

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers for the response, Magnus. That sort of clears things up.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Working as intended......seriously? :)

Putting up a fence to keep your enemies out is a valid tactic then...

How about pulling the lord onto keep balconies, bypassing the champion guards making a keep takable by the minimum of players providing they have at least one tank and two healers with no problems? Is that working as intended as well?

If not i could probably report most players on Hirn and every player on Azgal because it's become a standard tactic for pve keep takes in T2, T3 and T4.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol at the banner fence not being an exploit..

trust me, you will change that in a few weeks when 90% of the guilds use it.

so why not be smart and state it as an exploit NOW before you piss even more ppl off with it?

what the hell is it with companies and "have to see how it turns out" statements?

why does shit have to happen before you change your minds?

and scorge, its also a GAME meant to entertain its players, not just the griefers.

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Good morning!
For now, we don't consider this an exploit. That is not to say that we see it an honourable tactic though. We'll see how things develop (basically how often this method is actually used) and further point this out to Mythic and see what their stance is on the topic.

-Magnus

what the fuck....

so as long as we dont do it too often, its ok to make key keep/fortress defences unbeatable.

whats wrong with u man... fix it, problem solved, or u get a shitload of angry ppl at ur hands next time somebody does it. after that it has to be hotfixed or u get ppl quitting.

theres plenty of shitty bugs and problems in the game alrdy ur not fixing, list is supposed to grow smaller, not kept on watch while it grows.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
No need to make banners destroyable - Just make them so they're not physical objects in RvR. Any potential problem would be solved, just like that. People can stick as many banners up as they like, then, and they won't be able to make an impassable wall even if they tried.

If Mythic want to implement player placeable barriers like rows of stakes that dismount you or somesuch, then by all means make them destroyable like any other war engine, but it's not necessary with the banners.

I've been faffing about a bit, and it seems I can walk through friendly banners just fine, so in theory it shouldn't stop tank wall knockbacks as I suggested in the OP.

However with that in mind; as it stands, you could potentially fill the gateway of the outer ring wall with banners and not bother defending on the lord room ramp at all - just AoE the crap out of the gateway. Nobody's getting in unless they're friendly.

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
Good morning!

-Magnus

Dear Customer,

This action is considered an exploit. Should you see this occuring, please report the players in question.
Thank you.
For any further queries don't hesitate to contact us via the in game Ticket system.

Kind Regards,

WAR European Customer Support Team

Your appeal:
Destruction tanks using summoned banners to stop them from being knocked back. please confirm if this is an exploit.<p><help topic="7"/> The Maw<br><help topic="0"/>

EXPLAIN MIXED MESSAGES

Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
Dear Customer,

This action is considered an exploit. Should you see this occuring, please report the players in question.
Thank you.
For any further queries don't hesitate to contact us via the in game Ticket system.

Kind Regards,

Your appeal:
Destruction tanks using summoned banners to stop them from being knocked back. please confirm if this is an exploit.<p><help topic="7"/> The Maw<br><help topic="0"/>

EXPLAIN MIXED MESSAGES

The whole banner wall has +'s and -'s for its use, banners actually block line of sight to which is a royal pain in the bum for healers :/

Del

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
The whole banner wall has +'s and -'s for its use, banners actually block line of sight to which is a royal pain in the bum for healers :/

Del

I really don't think the -'s are worth mentioning, anyone going below the banner wall deserves to die and healers do not need los to heal above lvl 20.

Make banners either lootable or nukable, both good ideas imo.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Make banners either lootable or nukable, both good ideas imo.

Banners are lootable - it just takes 10 seconds during which time you can be interrupted.

If the banners weren't actually solid collidable objects in RvR, there wouldn't be a problem.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Del

aye, theres a vid on the general section where a banner is being abused in a simmilar fashion.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dear Customer,

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Your appeal:

EXPLAIN MIXED MESSAGES

rofl - GoA rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom