Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
hehe

No, not from here. I got banned from a Living TV forum. Basically, a mate of mine worked on this series a couple of years back, the company were a right bunch of arses, and for the second series, they used an entirely different crew. Thats about 7 people who they fell out with, including one of the main presenters!

Anyway, this series has a big cult following, and my mate still has his branded fleece, which you can't buy. So, he puts it up on Ebay, with a £300 reserve. It meets the reserve within 24 hours, a bidder with a very good feedback profile. Great, he thinks, thats my Christmas shopping paid for. Lots of consternation on the forum, comments regarding authenticity, until I register and give him my backup.

1 day before the auction ends, a new user bids £10 above the price. Guess what? He doesn't pay. False phone number. Game over. Anyway, my mate looks at the email addresses for both high bidders, and notes that they have the same initials. Those initials coincide with the initials of one of the staff that works for the company who my mate pissed off while filming, and who didn't ask him back for that 2nd series.

So, it looks like a member of this company's staff bid for the item, with no intention of paying, and then to protect his account, someone from a different computer registers a new account, and bids falsely. Bugger.

Well, so what you might think. Who cares? Certainly not my mate, he couldnt give a stuff. We both had a laugh about it. Now this living tv forum is full of ghost nutters, who can't get enough of Most Haunted. They love it. They love Yvette Fielding (the blue peter presenter), the psychics, everything. Never mind the fact that my mate knows its all fake (and explained some of the tricks to me), they still fall for it hook line and sinker.

So, we start posting some 'veiled warnings' on there. Things like 'If only you guys knew what really happens', and 'perhaps we should tell you what happened in this episode to produce that effect'. Nothing too conspicuous, just hints really. A few threads get deleted. I email the mods, and find that the address is not working. The mods are ruthless on this forum BTW.

Great. Anyway, we continue, a bit of a discussion starts, and then WHAM! Both accounts suspended. All our posts deleted (don't show up even in the search). So, now we're thinking about some kind of petty revenge scheme. Something along the lines of registering www.yvettefieldingisanevilschemingbitch.tv and hosting some basic html page about what they're really like to work for, and the scams they use to trick the viewers (like the main psychic being caught on night vision camera rocking a cradle with his foot, and claiming it moved itself).

I also gave serious thought to registering a few new accounts from various places, and posting the odd message here and there about this kind of stuff. Anyway, I ramble on.

You know the best bit about all of this? My mate owns the copyright to all of the photographs from the first series, because he took them all, with his camera, and didn't get paid for that bit. Hes just noticed that the production company behind the series have constructed their website around those photos.

Oh dear. Oh deary me. ;)

/edit: here is the original auction

Daf

Fledgling Freddie
Thats a bit lousy...ive seen that program and its absolute bollocks, how can anyone believe it?

Anyway im sure they would do their upmost to get you sued if you put up www.yvettefieldingisanevilschemingbitch.tv or something...but id love to see the scam revealed :)

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Crappy program, crappy presenter, crappy forum, crap.

Get your revenge Tom! :p

Will

/bin/su
I won't reveal how you could get that website set up without exposing yourself to legal liability, since its very nerdy. But if you want to know, I'll dig up up some links via PM.;)

gremlin

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye it's true gutter TV (tho I admit to watching the halloween ones simply because the scouser 'medium' bloke is the best comedy act to come from merseyside for years).

Sar

Part of the furniture
Spill the beans Tom!

My mother watches this, even though it's a steaming pile of shite (and she admits it is too).

So just how fake is it all?

SPILL!

:D

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Is this the program where they all creep about in the dark (filmed in Blair Witch stylee), and go "Ooh", "Eeek" etc?

<naive>
I've seen one or two of them, and I did think at the time how come this lot always seem to find a ghost.
</naive>

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
My mate owns the copyright to all of the photographs from the first series, because he took them all, with his camera, and didn't get paid for that bit. Hes just noticed that the production company behind the series have constructed their website around those photos.

Do it. :D

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Go for it Tom.

Make loads of money and then spill the beans. I keep trying to convince the missus that its all smoke n mirrors but she is having none of it

Fweddy

FH is my second home
You need to send them to investigate a haunted minefield.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nice avatar Ash, I'm just watching season 4 on DVD now, then I'll be flogging it on Ebay.

heh heh so you really want the dirty? Hmmm, well, lets start with these 'orbs'. The common misconception is that these 'spirits' are small glowing balls of light, and what you see on the screen do indeed appear to be small glowing balls of light. The thing is, the cameras they use on the program are not nightvision cameras. They are semi-pro camcorders, perhaps Sony PD150's or cheaper. These cameras do not offer night vision, what they offer instead, is a turbo-gain feature, combined with an infra-red light mounted on the front of the camera. Now, since just about any camera CCD is capable of recording IR light (just point any remote control at the lens and look through the viewfinder, you'll see the LED blinking), these cannot be called night vision. True night vision cameras use only high-gain electronics to amplify whatever light is there. These camcorders emit the light, and capture the reflections. So basically, if there is no light in a room, and the IR light on the camera is covered up, the camera won't see a thing.

You would think, therefore, that these 'orbs' would still be visible under these circumstances, as they emit their own glow. Funny then, that you never see them. Funny also, that they only appear when they happen to drift into the cone of light emitted from the camera. Basically, its dust. The random motion is explained by the presence of people in the room, drafts of wind, etc.

So orbs, are bullshit.

Also, that scowse psychic? Supposedly, he doesn't know a thing about the location. Well, thats up for debate, but I heard that he keeps in touch with a researcher via a secreted mobile phone, and that that researcher uses a sophisticated tool callled 'google' to find out what spooky goings on have occured in the past.

The first series investigater, Jason Karl? He was getting too popular with the viewers, who fancied him more than Yvette. For the 1 hour special they did, he was sidelined into an unimportant role, and replaced with a new presenter. So he fucked them off, and started his own company, which is doing quite well.

I could go on and on about how badly they treated the crew - the big makeup artist, Marcelle, left because they refused to pay her the agreed rate on a job, because they were having money issues. She could have sued them, but couldn't be arsed. Also, for the pilot episode, they agreed with another friend of mine to hire all the cameras for free, on the proviso that if they got a series, they would pay him a reduced rate for that hire, and that he would get his equipment out on the entire series (a lot of money). They shot the pilot, got the series, and then didn't tell him. He found out anyway, and charged them a bucketload for the pilot equipment hire, which they were obliged to pay (heheh).

Basically, its all total bullshit. Even the cross that moved in the first series, that shot was framed by a professional cameraman, and he leaves the edges of the paper out of frame? The cameraman is married to Yvette? It doesn't take a genius to work these things out.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Just get your mate to detail how all this stuff was faked, post more of it on here, then re-reg on that forum and pm a link to lots of the members, Job's a good 'un.

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
Ahhhh, I wondered what happened to campe Jason. Phil Whyman is far too abusive.

I used to watch Psychic Livetime and the thing where Derek Acorah does what Colin Fry does now, when they were on. I thought they were pretty good. Now I think Most Haunted is pathetic. Most of the time it's ruined by Yvette's screaming. Their investigations are a bunch of grapes. They shove seven or eight people into a small room to see what happens when they say "Is anybody there?". They air it for the scream factor, rather than the evidence, if they can find any.

On the live versions they get in a skeptic, and encourage the audience to treat him like a Nasty Nick. Remember what happened to the vet from Pet Rescue? Now he's on Men and Motors building cars, and presents a garden show in ITV. The historian on MH has become a regular member of the team.

But hey ho, there's one on New Year's Eve, I think, promises to be the scariest one yet! Can't wait for that!! No, sir.

Oh, and by the way - http://www.derekacorah.org - I got banned from the chat room. I asked them to unban me, didn't get a reply and now the room has been offline for a few months.

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
That info. would be useless on a CV.

Apparently I got banned for 'abusive behaviour'.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
worMatty said:
That info. would be useless on a CV.

Apparently I got banned for 'abusive behaviour'.
I'm not sure, I think getting banned from some weird psychics chat site would be the sort of thing future employers would like to know.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Fk sake, Derek Acorah's site is somewhere you'd register just in order to get banned.

:)

secret squrriel

Fledgling Freddie
have just joined here aft hearing about this thread in Most Haunted Forum+Let me tell you-You definatly got people all hot n bothered over there!!

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
secret squrriel said:
have just joined here aft hearing about this thread in Most Haunted Forum+Let me tell you-You definatly got people all hot n bothered over there!!

Is it this thread Secret Squirrel?

They do seem a little paranoid :)

Very sad I think.

RB

Daf

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, i think Tom's started a forum war now :)

So, lets arm up before they get Freddy's closed down :D

Most Taunted

Fledgling Freddie
A Forum War??

Most folk on the other site are of a good nature,though they are subject to Troll invasion.

It's a bit Green In here :clap: :bazbeer:

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, they dragged it up again? Its a tv series, its fake. deal with it. Sheesh, its like they've discovered some grand conspiracy. MHL and Maria seem to single themselves out particularly.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Only just read this thread over, visited the forums. Classic stuff. I hope Tom is unbanned on his return from holiday and can continue this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom