[BANKS] eh?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
So I have been to the Lloyds TSB a few times now to get cash out when I have not had my card on me, not a problem, been doing it for years and years.

However the last few times I have been in they have claimed they cannot give me cash from my account unless I present my card, even if I have my sort code, account number, ID and know my secret codes etc, which I do. Tho like most people I ussaly use a ATM, however on some occasions I don't have my cash cards on me (don't usually take them into uni etc.).

They have let me take cash out anywho but on the last occasion I went in I was told It was the "last time" they could do it.

When did this stupid rule come in? Its my account, If I have ID and can prove who I am I should not need to bring my bloody card in to access my account.

ffs.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Would you complain if I was to get hold of some of your ID and empty your account?

Put your cash card in your wallet and the problem will go away.

rynnor

Rockhound
Actually I agree with Jeros - the card is just a convenience but it shouldnt be required assuming you can prove your id and account number.

You could try the banking ombudsman?

Edit: Oh and btw Lloyds are the crappiest bank on the high street - the slowest on fast payments etc. etc. - dump em!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Edit: Oh and btw Lloyds are the crappiest bank on the high street - the slowest on fast payments etc. etc. - dump em!

Their systems are now being rolled out to other 'banks' though :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Their systems are now being rolled out to other 'banks' though :)

Won't somebody please think of the hamster! Poor little bugger will be overworked with the other banks workload too.

Get ready for a load of 'your bank could not be contacted' messages :p

taB

Part of the furniture
Sounds fine to me.

HSBC over the counter only accept cheques these days, even card isn't enough.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
That will have to end once cheques are done away with sometime this year

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I went into my local HSBC recently - it was the first time in probably eight years or so. I was faced by a row of machines that allow you to pay in cheques, deposit cash, do bank transfers and god knows what else. There was only one cashier and he looked very bored, and an annoying woman who stood literally shouting at people who dared approach the cashier, her goal to redirect them to whichever faceless bit of tech was required to suit their purposes. I can't help wonder if it is still possible to get a job in front line banking. Personally I miss the days where your bank manager was in his/her job for forty years and you could bung them a few hundred quid to approve a business loan over a posh dinner. It is very odd how banking has changed.

rynnor

Rockhound
Heh - spot the people in the employ of retail banks :p

Mey

Part of the furniture

Really I'm sorry when did almost instantly or within two hours become slow?

Mey

Part of the furniture
Would you complain if I was to get hold of some of your ID and empty your account?

Put your cash card in your wallet and the problem will go away.

QFT is it really so difficult to carry your debit card with you?

I don't understand how people can leave there house without it.

I carry my Driving licence, credit card, debit card pretty much all the time.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
QFT is it really so difficult to carry your debit card with you?

I don't understand how people can leave there house without it.

I carry my Driving licence, credit card, debit card pretty much all the time.

Same here. I never leave my house without it. At the end of the day, it's for your protection.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I went into my local HSBC recently - it was the first time in probably eight years or so. I was faced by a row of machines that allow you to pay in cheques, deposit cash, do bank transfers and god knows what else. There was only one cashier and he looked very bored, and an annoying woman who stood literally shouting at people who dared approach the cashier, her goal to redirect them to whichever faceless bit of tech was required to suit their purposes. I can't help wonder if it is still possible to get a job in front line banking. Personally I miss the days where your bank manager was in his/her job for forty years and you could bung them a few hundred quid to approve a business loan over a posh dinner. It is very odd how banking has changed.
I hate those machines, I dare you to try and pay in a note that somebody has written on. At the flagship HSBC branch in Canary Wharf to get around this issue, you have to go to another branch... epic fail.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Umm, a picture ID(if not driving lisence holder) isn't a regular thing in your parts?

Pretty much everyone has a picture ID in Finland.

Or did i misunderstand the initial post?

If it's a case of "you need your CC with you to get money off a teller, which proves nothing of your ID", then it's ass backwards :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Same here. I never leave my house without it. At the end of the day, it's for your protection.

Actually it's for the bank's protection, but that's a point they're usually keen not to stress.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Umm, a picture ID(if not driving lisence holder) isn't a regular thing in your parts?

No, they tried implimenting it a few years back and told everyone they would have to pay about £90.....you can imagine the reaction

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, they tried implimenting it a few years back and told everyone they would have to pay about £90.....you can imagine the reaction

Yeah itcosts about, 60-70 i think here, not that anyone complains as it's just a regular thing.

But yeah, can imagine if they try to implement one now :p

It's a working system though.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH

I dont mind it that much, what I hate more are the self scanners in supermarkets.. trying to get help if you buy a beer and need someone to press in that you are over 21

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I hate the whole concept, put more people out of work and for what, so I can pay to go to the shop, find what I want, carry it around, pack it and then operate the device that takes my money???

Fuck that, I used to get paid to operate a till, I'm not doing it now for free.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I dont mind it that much, what I hate more are the self scanners in supermarkets.. trying to get help if you buy a beer and need someone to press in that you are over 21

Yeah, otherwise it's fine if they fix the scanner to actually work half the time(perhaps a system akin to empty bottle returner(if you have those there)), but the alcohol/tobacco system f*cks it up completely.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Actually it's for the bank's protection, but that's a point they're usually keen not to stress.

Of course it is, but if you're living paycheque to paycheque and your account gets defrauded, you get screwed in the first instance.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH

I hate the whole concept, put more people out of work and for what, so I can pay to go to the shop, find what I want, carry it around, pack it and then operate the device that takes my money???

Fuck that, I used to get paid to operate a till, I'm not doing it now for free.

Yeah I hate those too, in fact I won't use those self serve things for that very reason Mystic, reducing the number of jobs by replacing people with machines just for the sake of a little more profit. Personally I think people are a bit more important than Asda or Tescos or whoever making a another 15k per year.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah I hate those too, in fact I won't use those self serve things for that very reason Mystic, reducing the number of jobs by replacing people with machines just for the sake of a little more profit. Personally I think people are a bit more important than Asda or Tescos or whoever making a another 15k per year.
Indeed.

I also think people are just too dumb for them to ever be effective. It's sold to them on the premise of being faster, which it isn't because they are all operated by untrained retards. This is proven by the fact that the people using them actually believe that it is faster.

If everyone was so time conscious they'd realise that they should just order online and have the goods delivered and save hours of their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom