Bands you wish you had seen live

H

hoggsboss

happy mondays (saw black grape live), stone roses and nirvana

W

Weeping Willow

Smiths is one of the bands I really wished that I had seen.

Nirvana as they were one of my absolute favourites when I was young.

D

darthshearer

REM, The Clash, Manics.

Seen Bruce Springstein, hes cool. So are the Fun Lovion Criminals.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by hoggsboss
stone roses

Apparently they were awful live due to the 'jiggery-pokery' they did in the studio.

There's a famous video of some concert (blackpool or something) and Ian Brown's singing is quite bad.

F

-fus-

Originally posted by dysfunction
Me too. :(

Agreed, Freddie Mercury was amazing. Also, i'd have liked to have seen Michael Jackson when he was at his peak. I don't really like his music too much (although some isn't bad at all!) i still think he's the best performer to have lived. I realise he isn't dead, so it's not impossible to see him live, but i fear it's very unlikely. Also Sabbath, as Ozzy is a great performer, too.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by -fus-
Agreed, Freddie Mercury was amazing. Also, i'd have liked to have seen Michael Jackson when he was at his peak. I don't really like his music too much (although some isn't bad at all!) i still think he's the best performer to have lived. I realise he isn't dead, so it's not impossible to see him live, but i fear it's very unlikely. Also Sabbath, as Ozzy is a great performer, too.

Been to two Jackson concerts and they were always good fun. Not great but ok. Once was in the VIP tent playing on the NES when I had a spectrum at home. I didn't give a monkeys about the famous people :)

M

maxi--

I think they're still touring? a band called 'f-minus' are coming to Peterborough soon, apparently.

C

~Clarky~

i had a ticket for their gig in sheffield this friday ....

but i gotta work now :mad:

R

ReActor

Was going to just say Joy Division but many others have already, so...

Prodigy circa Fat Of The Land. Actually, it would have been even better to see them at a really early gig.

Orbital on New Years Eve 1999-2000 (Liverpool I think?). Still have the recording somewhere, it's mindblowing.

W

WPKenny

I'd like to have seen The Doors when JM was around.
Nirvana of course would have been great to see.

I've seen Pearl Jam twice. Once in Wembley Arena and once at Reading when they supported Neil Young and Eddie Vedder wasn't there...so I suppose it wasn't REALLY Pearl Jam.
The seats we had at Wembley were really near the back so I'd love to go see them again but about 8 years ago from the mosh pit.

T

throdgrain

Made me think Kenny, I saw Thin Lizzy this year at a bike festival.
Thin Lizzy ? Err isnt Phil Lynot dead ?
You did better than me with Pearl jam, the Thin Lizzy I saw contained (as far as I could see) no original members of the band.
Also on the bill were The Stranglers, who were resplendant with one original member, the bass player.
They should be called tribute bands imo :mad:

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by WPKenny
I've seen Pearl Jam twice. Once in Wembley Arena and once at Reading when they supported Neil Young and Eddie Vedder wasn't there...so I suppose it wasn't REALLY Pearl Jam.
The seats we had at Wembley were really near the back so I'd love to go see them again but about 8 years ago from the mosh pit.
Spooky, I was at Reading 95 and saw Pearl Jam at Wembley Arena also, wasn't The Fastbacks supporting them there when you went was it?

Still got the ticket here :)
Tuesday 29 October 1996.

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by doh_boy
Apparently they were awful live due to the 'jiggery-pokery' they did in the studio.

There's a famous video of some concert (blackpool or something) and Ian Brown's singing is quite bad.

They were actually brilliant live even though Ian Brown can't carry a note. 'She Bangs The Drums' live was probably one of the best live 'experiences' I've ever had. The Happy Mondays on the other hand, were terrible - The Inspiral Carpets were the support and they saved the gig.

This thread is making me feel quite old since I managed to see most of the eighties bands people regret not seeing (Smiths, Orange Juice etc). I guess for me biggest miss would be Nirvana.

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Spooky, I was at Reading 95 and saw Pearl Jam at Wembley Arena also, wasn't The Fastbacks supporting them there when you went was it?

Still got the ticket here :)
Tuesday 29 October 1996.

Oooh freaky. Yes the Fastbacks were supporting them when I went. Dunno if it was the 28th or the 29th tho. I have my ticket at my parents' house some where in a frame. :)

L

L_Plates

QUEEN !!!

they are by far the best band to have ever graced the music scene !!!

T

Trem

I've also seen Pearl Jam live.......awesome!

They would of been without Eddie but with Neil for Neil Youngs Merkin Ball(or Mirror Ball don't remember)tour, that cd was done with Jeff, Stone and Mike as Neils backing, Eddie did a few backing vocals but nowt to speak of.

I'm a PJ nerd :(

C

Cdr

Originally posted by Trem

They would of been without Eddie but with Neil for Neil Youngs Merkin Ball(or Mirror Ball don't remember)tour, that cd was done with Jeff, Stone and Mike as Neils backing, Eddie did a few backing vocals but nowt to speak of.

BASTARDO :|

The new Lost Dogs album is good - b-sides / unreleased songs. Worth a purchase.

T

Trem

Oh aye I bought it mate, its very, very good, disc 2 in particular. Let Me Sleep is class. Many of them I have had for a few years but its great listening to them in decent quality. Pissed off that Brother is an instrumental though, the bootleg version I have of that is awesome with the lyrics on it.

C

Cdr

Where might one find the bootleg version :D

Let Me Sleep is utter class, especially as its comming up to Crimbo. So is Undone, Education, Sad and Fatal.

Like ya say, I've heard a few of them before, mainly from the recent live bootlegs they did. Nice to have em on one album tho.

T

Trem

Which irc channels do you frequent, I shall come and find you Thursday night and 'tell' you where to find it ;)

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by Trem

The name of the album they did with Neil Young was called Mirrorball and Pearl Jam themselves released a toungue in cheek single called Merkin Ball ....and as well ALL know a merkin is a pubic wig.

I'm a bigger PJ nerd than you! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom