Bands you wish you had seen live

A

Ash!

If you had the opportunity to see any Band from the past who would it be ? I was thinking the other night which concerts I would have like to have seen but never got the opportunity either because I wasnt born or never made it.

My biggest regret was giving up the opportunity to see Nirvana play Manchester UNI after they had released Bleach

Discuss

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by mank
Smiths.

You'd have liked 'em. Saw them at the Leadmill in 85.

Anyway I never managed to see the original line up of the Dead Kennedys which is my greatest regret.

Other than them I'd have liked to have seen Velvet Underground, The Ink Spots (back in 1947..), The Doors and X Ray Spex. Oh and PiL's first tour.

M

mank

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
You'd have liked 'em. Saw them at the Leadmill in 85.

I know, I would have fitted right in with the homoerotic flower wavers!

X

xane

A mate of mine always recommended ZZ Top, said their stage shows were the best.

M

maxi--

The Velvet Underground, The Byrds, The Smiths, Joy Division, Jeff Buckley, The Kinks,

M

mank

ahh yes, JD would be another band I'd have liked to see.

E

evilmonkeh

MetallicA.
oh wait
im seeing them on the 20th of December !! :D:D

E

echo

The Clash (the Bonds International residancy gigs, any of them :)), Velvets (Exploding Plastic Inevitable), The Beatles (Shea Stadium 1965, or the Rooftop Gig).

S

(Shovel)

Joy Division is the biggie for me at the mo.

Obviously I wouldn't turn down a time machine and tickets to the Beatles or the Stones, but for whatever reason they just don't pine in me. Maybe cause they were from longer ago.

D

Damini

Hey Frizz, I've got a video of Queen playing live. Its yours if you want it :)

I saw Smashing Pumpkins live, and if its any consolation, they were shit. Completely souless. I wandered off to get fish n chips in the end.

Bands I would have liked to see: Nirvana, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Morphine (was going to see them on the tour he died on) and the Pixies.

M

mookie

Led Zeppelin

from the stories i've heard from my step-dad, and the performances i've seen on the DVD i *really* wish icould have seen them live :(.
hopefully there will be more than just rumors of Dave Grohl drumming for them soon, i'll maybe to half-see them live, alas without bonzo.
I just hope they dont end up like guns and roses did after a reunion with some diffrent members. *sigh*

M

maxi--

oh yeah and Orange Juice and the Who before Keith moon got fat.

J

Jonaldo

I saw Smashing Pumpkins at Reading 95 and they were fantastic. Saw them a bit later on after Billy shaved his head and they went a bit weird and it was just all a bit weird. Shame how great bands just lose their appetite and just fizzle out sometimes :mad:

The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Otis Redding, Alice in Chains.

I was also fortunate enough to see Blind Melon just before the singer Shannon Hoon died of an overdose, their debut album still rates among my favourites of all time.

L

leggy

Pearl Jam first and foremost

Alice in Chains, soundgarden, Guns N Roses around the time of appetite. Plenty of seattle grunge bands I could mention.

Add to that Jeff Buckley and a little bit of No Doubt maybe. Would love to see gwen in the flesh :)

X

Xtro 2.0

I actually forgot about Joy Division, shame on me. Have you seen "Here Are The Young Men" live vid? They are quite appalling sound wise but Curtis was so intense it lifted the whole thing to another level.

D

Damini

Originally posted by Omniscieous

I was also fortunate enough to see Blind Melon just before the singer Shannon Hoon died of an overdose, their debut album still rates among my favourites of all time.

Damnit, you got to see Blind Melon? You bast :(

W

Will

Originally posted by leggy
...and a little bit of No Doubt maybe. Would love to see gwen in the flesh :)
Not actually that good live. Gwen had to check what country she was in...halfway through shouting "HELLO.... *what country is this?* ...ENGLAAAAAND" (I was at Glastonbury;)). And during Just a Girl, she climbed up on a speaker stack...only to need helped down by a big strong man.

L

leggy

How can she not know where england is ffs?

she is married to gavin rosdale .. jesus

M

mank

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
I actually forgot about Joy Division, shame on me. Have you seen "Here Are The Young Men" live vid? They are quite appalling sound wise but Curtis was so intense it lifted the whole thing to another level.

They sounded awful live, but Curtis just made the gigs really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom