Balancing Casters and Tanks in RvR

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Caster damage needs toning down a little imo but apart from that, i think the game is actually not far off being balanced. At least now, theres the option to run lots of different setups and still being able to compete.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Eroda said:
Caster damage needs toning down a little imo but apart from that, i think the game is actually not far off being balanced. At least now, theres the option to run lots of different setups and still being able to compete.

NF did tone down caster damage tho, with the nerf to mom (well except mom5 which few can afford) and the pierce nerf both serving to reduce caster damage.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
ML abilities gave pure tanks a lot more utility other than just bashing the other team. The best groups out there are hybrid groups with a combination of casters and tanks - we had a group last night with sorc, 2 cabbies, merc, reaver, 2 clerics and a friar and it worked really well, both in open RvR and in keep/tower skirmishing.

The addition of some of the new NF abilites have also boosted pure tanks in RvR, such as tireless which although doesn't completely remove the need for a paladin, certainly makes tanks in non-paladin groups a lot more useful. And charge is brilliant for chasing down elusive casters.

I think the overall damage should be toned down by about 25-50% across the board - nobody should ever be able to hit for more than 1000 damage in one hit, and tanks and casters shouldn't be able to hit for more than about 600 with standard nukes/styles. At the moment the rate of damage means that you can kill anyone within stun duration, which makes fights very dull.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
protvanglad said:
They should remove all CC spells (mezz, stun bla bla bla) to return the joy to the game i think.
The usual battle at the moment is stun-mezz, nuke to death. Is that fun?
Indeed. And they should give sorcerers plate armour and passive 100% magic resistance too, because I always die in two or three hits! Is that fun? </sarcasm>

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
willowywicca said:
NF did tone down caster damage tho, with the nerf to mom (well except mom5 which few can afford) and the pierce nerf both serving to reduce caster damage.

Thats very true, haven't really had much opportunity to play nf yet so dont know how its effected things properly. Mostly been playing very late on in the evening and nukes were hitting v hard but i guess judging my damage on people in unopted groups with very little resists isn't really suitable :)

The nerf and high cost of moc was also a good thing imo, kinda forces u to choose more between ra's instead of just going ahead and getting the lot :)

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
imo moc ain't worth the points anymore, the first 2 won't kill anyone and the last costs to much points to see it start flashing while beeing stunned.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
How much damage did a debuff-nuker really lose? They fixed the bugged resist-pierce afaik which lowered the duration of resist debuffs...and debuff-nukers dont really rely on resist pierce for damage. Of course they lost MoTA, and mom got a bit nerfed, but tanks lost dualist reflexes, a lot of determination etc. and moc3 seems kinda nice tbh on certain casters :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Old.Ilum said:
How much damage did a debuff-nuker really lose? They fixed the bugged resist-pierce afaik which lowered the duration of resist debuffs...and debuff-nukers dont really rely on resist pierce for damage. Of course they lost MoTA, and mom got a bit nerfed, but tanks lost dualist reflexes, a lot of determination etc. and moc3 seems kinda nice tbh on certain casters :)

moc3 on a RR5+ sorc will be funny. Use it at same time as your melee shield and you be laughing.

Used my RR5 ability tonight at beno docks. As always camped by hib stealthers.. One got uncovered by the guard there so as i attacked him a ns popped on me.. Jumped out of range of cd and activated my shield. Guard came along so one qc'd lifetap had me on full health again while this guy hit me for 15dmg and i just laughed at him while the guard killed him. Really is overpowered ability but it great on lame stealthers like that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom