Bah is there a cure?

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Wrecked me flipping site again. I can't for the life of me stop altering the bloody thing. I have redesigned my site a few hundred times now :mad: . I gotta find a way to stop this. I learn loads altering the site but shit someone visits and a few hours time they revisit and wonder if they are on a different site :) . I can't seem to bleeding stop doing it. Any solutions? Taken the damn site offline while I ponder about this. I know I am extreme but this is just plain time wasting on my part. Hell I could be doing something else constructive.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
You need to keep making complete copies of your whole site in a folder on your computer, then start again a different folder when you want to bugger about with it, so you can upload the whole thing again.

Or just keep making new sites, on different server space and domains, like I do. :)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Just had one of my website wrecking fits. You probably know what I mean. You keep adjusting it and it gets worse and worse and worse until you give up and switch it off. Put it back now though with some improvements. Think I just needed a bit offa break. Starting to get feedback on the site and people are saying it is damn good now. Can't win can you :) . No more radical redesigns from me now. I am going to take your advice and when the urge comes on me I will start a new site totally.

By the way I converted the upper gallery script I was using so that it is now my main site top links bar. I can just add whatever I want and even make it scrollable. If you want any of this stuff just let me know.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I think there comes a time when you have to declare your site design finished and leave it like it is for a least a few months, concentrating on filling your site up with information that people will come and read/look at. Then yes, start a different one instead of messing up the perfectly good one you already made if you feal the urge for more tinkering and design. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom