Bah, I give up!

Dorimor1

Banned
Maar said:
Theurg > BD :worthy:

~Signed Silvervind

Maybe, but not your theurg doesn't pose much of a threat :p

Though AE mezz and pet spam is easymode. My and aleven both agree your average theurg takes less skill than bd imo. I played a BG theurg and mostly it involved spamming ice pets then running off, skilz.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:

Though AE mezz and pet spam is easymode. My and aleven both agree your average theurg takes less skill than bd imo. I played a BG theurg and mostly it involved spamming ice pets then running off, skilz.

I dont see that being true, considering a BD in bg 1 can take on 6 casters at once, interrupting em all. Or so I was told. *cough*

Dorimor1 said:

Lol theurg most skill than BD... :D

Dorimor1

Banned
noaim said:
I dont see that being true, considering a BD in bg 1 can take on 6 casters at once, interrupting em all. Or so I was told. *cough*

Yes and thats true?

You know stalking me and trying to prove me wrong when you know I am right won't do you any good :)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
Yes and thats true?

You know stalking me and trying to prove me wrong when you know I am right won't do you any good :)

I dont need to prove you wrong anymore than I need to prove that its not possible to jump from this planet to the moon.

But lets play with the though then, that it is true. How is theurg then more easymode than bd?!

Nailez

Fledgling Freddie
:( cya eeeks gl in rl, bds and headless chicken attitude in bgs have left me in big boi rvr ;) on my new 50 ticcy.

good luck m8 gonna miss the F%$^£$^ pwnage we laid down on the mids in duo/trio's.

Dorimor1

Banned
noaim said:
I dont need to prove you wrong anymore than I need to prove that its not possible to jump from this planet to the moon.

But lets play with the though then, that it is true. How is theurg then more easymode than bd?!

Well in thidranki the most a theurg needs to do is spam ice pets and run off, and yes I have played a BG theurg to an extensive amount.

With a bd you need to set pets, nuke and lifetap and root. An ice theurg will never have the need to root because of the ice pets snare.

Anyway thats just my view on things, I have played both characters, neither your or my opinion is wrong, so don't go about trying to prove me wrong.

Eeekamouse

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, waiting for the server to let me on mid, gonna play a fully buffed BD and see what all the hubbub is, tried it once before, got bored before i capped rps, maybe it really is all that fun :D

Dorimor1

Banned
Eeekamouse said:
Actually, waiting for the server to let me on mid, gonna play a fully buffed BD and see what all the hubbub is, tried it once before, got bored before i capped rps, maybe it really is all that fun :D

After getting Battle Enforcer I just don't wanna play it anymore. Don't know how Jim keeps playing.

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Well m8, I dunno how u can criticise when a) u have a bd and b) u were were either strafing against me just now or I suddenly started missing a helluva lot. :twak:

polza

Loyal Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
You are making it sound much harder than it is. If I was an Eld I would Nearsight on sight, if he interupts Q/C Mezz...Now go at range, NS, stun nuke and dead, even if he is still alive during the stun duraction he still has NS on him. Easy.

in ur situation u qc mezz on him how u gonna CC his pets if his seperated himself from them. stun nuke and dead u die in 1 nuke do u? most die in 3-4 each takin bout 2 secs to cast thid stun is what 3.5secs? gives u that time to close into 970 range or watever i said earlyer for lt. if bd reaches lt range ur dead. and like i said none if this matters as not only r all the thid bds scared of playing a prop class they have to zerg with it aswell.

Dorimor1

Banned
polza said:
in ur situation u qc mezz on him how u gonna CC his pets if his seperated himself from them. stun nuke and dead u die in 1 nuke do u? most die in 3-4 each takin bout 2 secs to cast thid stun is what 3.5secs? gives u that time to close into 970 range or watever i said earlyer for lt. if bd reaches lt range ur dead. and like i said none if this matters as not only r all the thid bds scared of playing a prop class they have to zerg with it aswell.

You know nothing tbh. Eldritch AOE mezz has a 1500 range, same as LT.. It's perfectly easy to QC it. The stun lasts 5 seconds, talk about clueless. Including nearsight an Eldritch should be able to nuke easily at LT range.

I may play a bonedancer but I have many other thidranki and big boi rvr chars, which I have alot of experience. So before you say such things, know all the facts and then maybe I'll listen.

Atleast I am mature enough to edit out my insults.

Have a nice day :)

noblok

Part of the furniture
Mathematically speaking an eldritch can get two nukes off in the best possible scenario that doesn't involve an AFK (or stupid) bonedancer. He can get one of if he has to use quickcast for the mezz. The bonedancer gets the extra health from one lifetap. I don't know if that's enough to kill the BD though :).

Maths are spoilered.
Assuming both spellcrafted, no toa. Lurikeen eldritch with 15 dexterity at creation (141 dex, 117 when debuffed).

Stun duration: 5s*0.87 = 4.35s
Sprint speed: 300 units/s
Casttime spec nuke: 2.45s / 2.56s when debuffed
Casttime ae-mezz: 2.63s / 2.74s when debuffed
Casttime stun: 2.19s / 2.29s when debuffed
Lifetap range: 1500*0.55 = 825

-?s: Bonedancer nearsighted.
0s: start mezzing
2.25s: Bonedancer lifetaps and dex debuffs eldritch
2.63s: Eldritch completes mezz (I assume that the lifetap is too late to interrupt, so eld doesn't need quickcast)
5.37s: Eldritch completes second mezz
7.66s: Eldritch stuns BD
10.22s: Eldritch finishes first nuke, starts quickcast
11.80s: Bonedancer recovers from mezz and lifetaps, starts quickcast DD
12.22s: Eldritch finishes second nuke
12.76s: Commander recovers from mezz (I think. I don't know if mezz duration is affected by spec and I don't know how fall-off works, I assumed it lasts 15s and drops steadily to 0 at 350 range [commander being on average at 175 range])
13.80s: Bonedancer finishes DD (if not dead)

If the bonedancer doesn't use his dex debuff, the eldritch can probably get one more nuke off. Second nuke doesn't have to be quickcasted then and will hit just a bit after the second lifetap. I assume the gap is close enough to ensure the lifetap doesn't interrupt.
Now, I'm aware that maths don't perfectly reflect the in-game situation, sometimes you lag a bit and you take one more nuke than you should've etc. It's the fairest way to compare the strength of both classes though, imo.

Lecathar

Fledgling Freddie
Eeekamouse said:
Aleven, you and your bd m8s can keep thid, you´re a nice guy and all (after having gotten to know you on mid) but strafing bd´s took away the last bit of joy in this game. Won´t renew subs, and sry for the whine everyone, nice knowing you all, bye :)
why would a Bd not straff - cloth armour ????????????

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Aleven said:
nightshades can nearly 1 hit u if they get PA in, infils just needs to get a temp and their just as hard as nightshades..so yes...OP they are..

Assassins are supposed to be able to beat mages and a BD is just a mage. And 1-hitting a BD? Not if it's templated and buffed as they all seem to be. A SB, maybe, but a shade or infili? Not unless they get a nice crit.

Like I said, rock, paper, scissors, definitely not OP.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Mathematically speaking an eldritch can get two nukes off in the best possible scenario that doesn't involve an AFK (or stupid) bonedancer. He can get one of if he has to use quickcast for the mezz. The bonedancer gets the extra health from one lifetap. I don't know if that's enough to kill the BD though :).

Maths are spoilered.
Assuming both spellcrafted, no toa. Lurikeen eldritch with 15 dexterity at creation (141 dex, 117 when debuffed).

Stun duration: 5s*0.87 = 4.35s
Sprint speed: 300 units/s
Casttime spec nuke: 2.45s / 2.56s when debuffed
Casttime ae-mezz: 2.63s / 2.74s when debuffed
Casttime stun: 2.19s / 2.29s when debuffed
Lifetap range: 1500*0.55 = 825

-?s: Bonedancer nearsighted.
0s: start mezzing
2.25s: Bonedancer lifetaps and dex debuffs eldritch
2.63s: Eldritch completes mezz (I assume that the lifetap is too late to interrupt, so eld doesn't need quickcast)
5.37s: Eldritch completes second mezz
7.66s: Eldritch stuns BD
10.22s: Eldritch finishes first nuke, starts quickcast
11.80s: Bonedancer recovers from mezz and lifetaps, starts quickcast DD
12.22s: Eldritch finishes second nuke
12.76s: Commander recovers from mezz (I think. I don't know if mezz duration is affected by spec and I don't know how fall-off works, I assumed it lasts 15s and drops steadily to 0 at 350 range [commander being on average at 175 range])
13.80s: Bonedancer finishes DD (if not dead)

If the bonedancer doesn't use his dex debuff, the eldritch can probably get one more nuke off. Second nuke doesn't have to be quickcasted then and will hit just a bit after the second lifetap. I assume the gap is close enough to ensure the lifetap doesn't interrupt.
Now, I'm aware that maths don't perfectly reflect the in-game situation, sometimes you lag a bit and you take one more nuke than you should've etc. It's the fairest way to compare the strength of both classes though, imo.

Interesting theory, in reality it's not far off from my experience.

Playing a light eld i NS (and sometimes cast a few other debuffs if i feel the need), qc mezz, nuke BD, stun BD (he's still usually out of range thanks to lvl 24 NS reducing his range to 825, so can often get the stun off withut the need to QC) then nuke, nuke dead. Even if he's still alive at this point, he is still usually well out of range.

Dorimor1

Banned
noblok you're wrong tbh...You're maths are of no use. If an Eldritch gets the jump on the BD, nearsights, ae mezzes, stuns nukes, dead. I've done it so many times on mine, so trying to proove me wrong out of pure bitterness won't get you far.

What Talen says is right basically.

noblok

Part of the furniture
I assume that you move back to 1500 range after the mezz then? In my scenario the eldritch didn't move after the mezz, because if he does, the bonedancer can just do a few steps backwards when out of mezz and wait for his pets to be out of the mezz. I guess most bonedancers will just run towards you and spam lifetap though, in which case the eldritch will probably win.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong out of pure bitterness by the way. I just like a bit of maths every now and then :). (Note how I also stated that I didn't know how many nukes it takes to kill a BD, thus not taking sides)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
I assume that you move back to 1500 range after the mezz then? In my scenario the eldritch didn't move after the mezz, because if he does, the bonedancer can just do a few steps backwards when out of mezz and wait for his pets to be out of the mezz. I guess most bonedancers will just run towards you and spam lifetap though, in which case the eldritch will probably win.

Indeed.

Good point.

Even though all of the BD's in thid are unsenseless-lifatap-lifatap-twits, good, clever players will work around a NS.

Rohadric

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
Well in thidranki the most a theurg needs to do is spam ice pets and run off, and yes I have played a BG theurg to an extensive amount.

With a bd you need to set pets, nuke and lifetap and root. An ice theurg will never have the need to root because of the ice pets snare.

Anyway thats just my view on things, I have played both characters, neither your or my opinion is wrong, so don't go about trying to prove me wrong.

Lol, yet all you do is strafe and hit lt button....

polza

Loyal Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
noblok you're wrong tbh...You're maths are of no use. If an Eldritch gets the jump on the BD, nearsights, ae mezzes, stuns nukes, dead. I've done it so many times on mine, so trying to proove me wrong out of pure bitterness won't get you far.

What Talen says is right basically.

dorimor he covers u under the stupid bd department.

bout qc the mezz that was if u have to cast 2 mezzs depending on if pets r caught in mezz or not.
in situation above its YOU who decides if u die or not, eld jumps u and NS's you, u run away untill NS has passed. only reason thid bds die is cause there stupid and turn spam there finger on lt and sprint at eld. the u get mezzed, eld HAS to back of to 1500range or he cnt get enough nukes of before u can lt him. if u die within thid stun then get ur char sum decent equipment. u then have to option to live ie run out of nuke range and either bring pets with u or send them on eld for interupt. or the thid bd way ala dorimor sprint at eld spamin lt hopin for best and prob die.

ohw and memory was bit hazy on thid stun time earlyer dno where i got 3.5 secs from and i think ull find i put a question mark after the value as i werent sure if i was correct or not. ohw and not a clue what u was on about with the eld mezz range is 1500 same as bd so np to qc it never said u would have a problem.

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
The amount of BD's in Thidranki zerging does make it rather shitty when they are steam rollering you all day every day.

Dorimor1

Banned
By the way, if you think I am clueless, you're wrong. Soloed Elkie on his light eld, so unless you know the facts, don't bother making a fool about yourself.

polza

Loyal Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
By the way, if you think I am clueless, you're wrong. Soloed Elkie on his light eld, so unless you know the facts, don't bother making a fool about yourself.

wtf most people have been saying that u should be able to, ohw and never new i had been anything to be a has been, but if so better so be a has been than well nothing like u :)

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
polza said:
wtf most people have been saying that u should be able to, ohw and never new i had been anything to be a has been, but if so better so be a has been than well nothing like u :)

Didnt you read the disclaimer that comes with Dorimor's posts?

"Nothing I say can be held against me. Anything I have said for over ten minutes ago is void. In the event that two of my posts from the last 10 minutes are in disagreement with eachother, the person pointing this out is both bitter and jealous. I am always right. If someone disagrees with something I have said, said person is also jealous and bitter. In the case someone tries to support his or her arguments with math, it will be sufficient for me to say "You're wrong." This will include any other arguments as well. Everyone disagreeing with this is bitter and jealous."

Dorimor1

Banned
When will people tell that stalker Glenmorangie that he's on my ignore list? I bet that post was some sort of petty insult, my bitter little stalker, it's kinda cute tbh xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom