PC Master Race Back4Blood

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's what Valve do really well - that makes their games that little bit head-and-tails above everyone else's. They weave a story into the game - whilst you're playing it - as opposed to cutscenes and the like.

It boggles my mind that it's not the "standard" now. Game designers should know better - they've had twenty years of example on how games should be made to bring your audience along (your buyers, who pay money) and they should be aiming for that emotional connection as a minimum.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be the thing. The people who made "the greats" are sidelined (or didn't get what they actually did) and bombastic idiocy is the order of the day.

What puzzles me is that they must know that they've got 95% of game of the year in the bag - and that 5% that makes game of the year is the emotional experience. But they don't cater for it from the beginning :(
Some games yes but I don't need it in all games. Some games are just games, not stories.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I agree that B4B lacks a lot of the polish that L4D had. It doesn't have anything like the budget. That's why I'd have been disappointed if I'd paid £50 for it. But I have Game Pass so it cost me effectively nowt. Some friends of mine have picked it up for £20 which is fair imo.

Whilst it lacks polish it has some interesting features. The corruption cards add variety to different playthroughs. E.g. The flaming common need to be taken out before the normal common because you'll get burnt if you try to punch them away but punching normal common is absolutely necessary. The green common must be punched away if they are near rather than shot because they always explode. When you get a mix you need to be thinking.

Also the cards allow for a range of play styles and tactics. One of you might be specced against horde but another specced for concentrated weak spot damage against the biggies. Plus healers and buffs in in-act team upgrades to purchase and weapon upgrades and mods. It adds more variety to the gameplay.

All this is at the expense of polish, interactivity and many other things. I'm not denying that. But as long as you're still having fun then I'm happy to have a blast on it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tried it out earlier on the Series X, still wasn't doing it for me so thought I'd switch over to Keyboard & Mouse on the PC...

1642373774786.png

It's the only thing running, so officially even more shit.

I will give them credit though that they actually have a bug tracker and an open bug: https://back4blood.bugs.wbgames.com/bug/B4B-80

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Played with a few friends this week and it worked for us. Some on XBox Gamepass and some on Steam.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Tried it out earlier on the Series X, still wasn't doing it for me so thought I'd switch over to Keyboard & Mouse on the PC...

View attachment 45617

It's the only thing running, so officially even more shit.

I will give them credit though that they actually have a bug tracker and an open bug: https://back4blood.bugs.wbgames.com/bug/B4B-80

Is it a new release for console?

Game Pass seems to have bizarre issues that I've noticed.

I tried out a multiplayer game the other day (can't remember which) and multiplayer literally wasn't activated.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is it a new release for console?

Game Pass seems to have bizarre issues that I've noticed.

I tried out a multiplayer game the other day (can't remember which) and multiplayer literally wasn't activated.
That was on PC. Apparently it's all to do with having your documents folder somewhere other than the default... which has affected no other game I have since my documents have been on my NAS for nearly a decade at this point 😐

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom