Back to DAOC

S

sad_mung

I went back to DAOC after 5 months at the weekend.

Thank god I only got a one month renewal.

Jesus, it's still just as bloody boring.

Why did I do it? Well I miss the sense of community you get (or used to get) but the sense of boredom soon overrode any possible fun.

I dunno, I'll try again some other time.

Roll on WOW.

S

Summo

I went to the correct forum the other day. It was utopia.

T

throdgrain

I had a nice bacon sandwich this morning :)

I

Insane

Originally posted by throdgrain

lucky sod.

i had a sausage roll this morning with red sauce, wasnt as nice as a bacon sarnie with hp :(

D

djpringle

I finished 4 weeks of nightshifts this morning and the feeling must be comparable to a bacon sarnie with HP....been a while since I've had one though :(

S

scooby-doo

and i had muesli (is that how ya spell it) :)

S

sad_mung

You're all a bit bitchy today.
Why did I post it here?
I thought I'd get fewer shitty remarks.
Anyone else felt the same about DAOC?

If I post it on the DAOC forums all I'll get is prick-faced comments from total winkers. So.....

W

Wij

I miss playing actually. No internet connection. I was never a harcore player but it was fun to while away a few hours.

S

SoWat

You just liked running around waving yer big spear :cool:

X

xane

Originally posted by sad_mung
If I post it on the DAOC forums all I'll get is prick-faced comments from total winkers. So.....

... you posted on the General Forum instead ?

Way to go Einstein.

T

throdgrain

Bacon sandwich with HP = great :)
Mung bloke, its probably worth being aware that a lot of people on this general forum dopnt even play any online games at all.
ASnd of those like me that do, well, they certainly wouldnt have played DAOC anyway ;)

W

Wij

Originally posted by SoWat
You just liked running around waving yer big spear :cool:

Nah - I wave my claw greaves like all the other fotms now :)

S

SoWat

Just to ensure the replies aren't totally negative....

I also resubscribed for a month, expecting to find all sorts of nice new stuff. As you said, it's the same boring old XP grind and/or RvR frustrations.

The UK version of SWG is out in 2 weeks, so I'll give that a whirl. Until then HALO should keep me quiet.

I keep meaning to get back into Q3 as well, though I haven't managed that (I got as far as subscribing to BW and that was it!). My old Clan, SPS, are probably sighing in relief :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Planetside for teh win.

SW:G is yummy, too... but so full of bugs and server downs every day that the average DAoC kid would die from withdrawel/anger fits.

Nonetheless - highly recommendable and better than any other MMORPG that is out atm.

S

Sharma

I think im going to give PS a whirl before long. :p

Maybe even SW:G...

T

throdgrain

Ive played PS quite a bit now, I think it gets a bit repetative if your interested in a un biased opinion.
Mind you, my main fun in online gaming is killing people, and frankly you dont seem to get rewarded very well for that.
I know some people these days like these corperate kinds of games, but personally I dont think you can beat Q3 or Counter-strike atm, and yes, Ive played a lot of different games.
/me ducks from expected retribution :mad:

W

Wij

Originally posted by Sharma

Maybe even SW:G...

Expect 4 Death Stars and the Xecutor to spawn around the plains of Tattooine :D

P.S. :D

:D:D:D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Sharma

You know what outfit to join, right?;)

And I rather play PS than Counter-"w4llh4x-ch34tz0ring-campar-lamur!!11one"-Strike. There is your retribution, Throd. :p

Seriously - it comes down to personal preference and taste.
The main factor that makes me come back to play is a great outfit, full with great people (except for Jup, of course... har har. ;)) and a persistent community on the server.

And killing purple, egg-headed little men and women...

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
<snips out the pimpage>

... full with great people (except for Jup, of course... har har. ;))

Oi!!! :(

L

leggy

Mind you, my main fun in online gaming is killing people, and frankly you dont seem to get rewarded very well for that.

Throd, you're class :)

Quote of the day :D

T

throdgrain

Its true m8 ! Kill someone with a well aimed gunshot (difficult in ps allowing for the silly cone system thing ) and you get like 7 xp points.
Some one hacks into a building , and wahey ! 1024 xp or something!
Not suprising im only BR8 tbh ... :D

S

sad_mung

It was fine on Broadband, or cable I imagine. Actually I prefered the beta. When they started tweaking it around and fucking everyone off, then it got bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom