Azureus problem under Vista

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Can anyone help?

I upgraded to Vista from XP. Everything went ok, but I have a problem with Azuerus. Basically, Azureus under Windows XP was storing everything in a folder on my desktop. That would have been c:\documents and settings\user\desktop\torrents

Vista doesn't use that folder for it's desktop; it has a different path. I have told Azureus not to use the old XP path, and to use the new Vista path instead.

The problem is that even though all the torrents I have are in the new path, on my Vista desktop, all accessible and working fine,
Azureus doesn't see them and starts downloading them again, overwriting the existing files.

Vista will not allow me to continue using the old file path, apparently it is protected and not possible to use for compatibility reasons. Therefore Azureus cannot continue using the old XP path.

I just want to get all these torrents seeding once more, without first downloading them again (some of them are huge).

Kryten

Old Cow.
1. "Upgrading?"
2. Problem with Azereus im afraid, I ended up emigrating to Utorrent instead, which worked perfectly well.
3. But, in the end I saw sense and returned to XP ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
head the words of wise old kryten.

upgrading to vista atm is prolly just as painful as wanking with sand paper atm:confused:

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I, too, saw the light and migrated to utorrent - with which I've had 0 problems with on vista.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If I go to utorrent, can I import all the torrents I currently have for seeding straight in?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Ah, sorry I see your problem.
you have half downloaded files want to rescue - in which case, no you're not likely to rescue those with another client.

I'd be tempted to try firing up a virtual machine (using vmware, virtual PC 2007 or the likes) and seeing if you can rescue them using Az through that.
Otherwise I'm not too sure - may be quicker to redownload the torrents unless you already have virtual systems ready to go :|

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No they're fully downloaded - every one. Its just that Azureus doesn't think they are, and wants to re-download all of them.

I wouldn't normally bother but theres well over 10 gigs of them.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Ah well, at least not all is lost.
Always been quite fond of Utorrent as a client, nice and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom