Awww come on Gotnl..

Bori

Fledgling Freddie
Cleancut, I'd like to duel you unbuffed if possible :) Being hit for 80+ and hitting back for 30-35 dmg seems a bit unfair ;)
You'll prolly still kill me with ease, but hey ^^ I'll give you a /wave etc if I see ya :D

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Sendraks said:
Sounds like sucky play to me. DAoC is a team game, its realm vs realm combat. If you see a realm mate in trouble, i.e. losing in a 1vs1 fight, the appropriate course of action is to jump in and save your realmmates ass, regardless of who they are. I'd certainly expect any albion player to do that for me and wouldn't think very highly of them if they didn't.
From reading various posts from Gotnl i assume they are friends and theres prolly some kinda understanding between them about this type of play. I have seen each of them not help the other when it was needed. Maybe they consider that if NS2 woulda jumped in to help NS1, that is ''sucky play''.

The problem here is that everyones idea and style of play is different. Unfortunately u cant please all of the people, all of the time.

I wonder how many ppl this has happened too...

You're roaming about (solo) suddenly u see a alb vs mid in melee the mid has the slight advantage. You think its the nice thing to do to go and save your realmmates ass so u jump in and the mid dies... ''OMG DONT LEECH/ADD FFS U NOOB'' :eek:

or...

Same scenario this time u dont jump in and the alb dies... ''OMG WHY DIDN'T U HELP ME FFS U NOOB'' :eek:

So there u have it to...
(a) honour a fair 1vs1 fight no matter what the outcome by not helping
or
(b) honour the realm by helping out/adding in every fight you see

Personally i lean towards (a) ofc using some discresion, because if everytime i fought as a soloer, someone decided to help me, or some enemy helped to kill me, i would get real fustrated. Whats the point in running solo at all if this was the case. Although i don't get annoyed tho if somebody does jump in to help me, after all they are trying to do what they consider the right thing and i respect that also.

Likewise when i get ''added on'' and subsequently killed in a fight i accept that this is part of the game and get back out there fighting. On the other hand groups (stealth groups especially) repeatedly killing soloers does kinda annoy me, in which case i'll usually form a stealth group of similar size to go hunt em down :p

Sorry for boring long post lol

FLAME AWAY :flame:

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Ashton said:

Nah, it was a good post.

I'm basically the opposite of you. I will always help if I see that the realmmate is in trouble ( I don't add on duels where they are winning) as I'd rather be helped than not at all. I'd rather be shouted at for helping than run the risk of letting someone die who needs help.

I have been solo a lot in thid with my 2 stealth class characters so far and having someone add on my fights doesn't bother me at all. The fact that I'm solo is of no consequence, ultimately this a team game and you have to expect that people will come to "help" on fights.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
do you even think i give a damn?
Well no not realy.

Yes you do more dmg then i can do to you,
as i said before.. you get 2.5 specpts per lvl.. we dont, Your poison helps you allot mate ;)

and how many times did i take on another infil without you adding?? NONE!..
stop whining and laugh spamming, oh and 5 mins ago i took another infil @ MB, it would have been a close fight. and NO i dont care if i die or not, but did you seriously have to add in a fair 1on1 fight?
Dont realy see the reason to do so.
but that are just my thoughts...

Take care anyways, and no i wont give up, i still have fun in thidranki =]

Don't think you can moan m8, you were an alb once... you had the opportunity.. you chose to leave and pick hibbyland ;)

Btw - thanks for dancing with me tonight :) :) - i was the green scout with blue cloak called Ironing. (fight near alb bridge, as lovelyinfil and i were watching on.. 4 hibs, vs 4 albs, then 6 hibs vs 8 albs, about 11:30pm gmt)

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
Don't think you can moan m8, you were an alb once... you had the opportunity.. you chose to leave and pick hibbyland ;)

Btw - thanks for dancing with me tonight :) :) - i was the green scout with blue cloak called Ironing. (fight near alb bridge, as lovelyinfil and i were watching on.. 4 hibs, vs 4 albs, then 6 hibs vs 8 albs, about 11:30pm gmt)

you the scout which is sticked when a group of mids went by?
and when they were gone, you tryed to hit me?
you got lucky that you didnt bleed to death (PA effect). and stop trying to hit me when i /bow and walk off :D

didnt watch it much actualy.. only that the merc attacked me.. then a scout shot me (mumbles something about leeches :p)
then a mincer.. and a paladin/armsman (didnt chant.. so wasnt sure)

anyways.. so i buggered of to NF with my main

And yes i did leave albion. still dont feel sorry =]

See ya.. gonna watch some bottom episodes for a good laugh =)

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
you the scout which is sticked when a group of mids went by?
and when they were gone, you tryed to hit me?
you got lucky that you didnt bleed to death (PA effect). and stop trying to hit me when i /bow and walk off :D

didnt watch it much actualy.. only that the merc attacked me.. then a scout shot me (mumbles something about leeches :p)
then a mincer.. and a paladin/armsman (didnt chant.. so wasnt sure)

anyways.. so i buggered of to NF with my main

And yes i did leave albion. still dont feel sorry =]

See ya.. gonna watch some bottom episodes for a good laugh =)

Nope - wasn't me that hit you so you can take your PA comment back ;) - i was sat down watching the hibs fight the albs because i knew the hibs wouldn't hit me, as i'd been running with them for 10 mins or so after emoting them tons of dances, hugs and begs, they didn't kill me when i was solo.

If any other hibs had come in, then they would've hit me, but as you appeared to know, when you unstealthed, not to hit me, i guess the message had been sent across your CG or whatever, unless you just didn't notice me sat there ofc ;)

Another scout straight ahead of me, to the right of you shot you as that fight was going on. I was sat down , to the left of you as you popped. Then the albs added with another 3 or so to kill the hibs.

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Ashton said:
From reading various posts from Gotnl i assume they are friends and theres prolly some kinda understanding between them about this type of play. I have seen each of them not help the other when it was needed. Maybe they consider that if NS2 woulda jumped in to help NS1, that is ''sucky play''.

The problem here is that everyones idea and style of play is different. Unfortunately u cant please all of the people, all of the time.

I wonder how many ppl this has happened too...

You're roaming about (solo) suddenly u see a alb vs mid in melee the mid has the slight advantage. You think its the nice thing to do to go and save your realmmates ass so u jump in and the mid dies... ''OMG DONT LEECH/ADD FFS U NOOB'' :eek:

or...

Same scenario this time u dont jump in and the alb dies... ''OMG WHY DIDN'T U HELP ME FFS U NOOB'' :eek:

So there u have it to...
(a) honour a fair 1vs1 fight no matter what the outcome by not helping
or
(b) honour the realm by helping out/adding in every fight you see

Personally i lean towards (a) ofc using some discresion, because if everytime i fought as a soloer, someone decided to help me, or some enemy helped to kill me, i would get real fustrated. Whats the point in running solo at all if this was the case. Although i don't get annoyed tho if somebody does jump in to help me, after all they are trying to do what they consider the right thing and i respect that also.

Likewise when i get ''added on'' and subsequently killed in a fight i accept that this is part of the game and get back out there fighting. On the other hand groups (stealth groups especially) repeatedly killing soloers does kinda annoy me, in which case i'll usually form a stealth group of similar size to go hunt em down :p

FLAME AWAY :flame:

3 infs jumped my lvl 21 runie crossing mb the oner night, needless to say I was insta killed (althouth it was not the initial PA that killed me).

Some infs so show so much skill

I was amused to see it was Cleancut who PA'd me cos this inf is known to me for being the adding, leeching, never fight on even terms kinda gimp.

At least its a quick /release to mpk these days.

Phixana 2x RM

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
Nope - wasn't me that hit you so you can take your PA comment back ;) - i was sat down watching the hibs fight the albs because i knew the hibs wouldn't hit me, as i'd been running with them for 10 mins or so after emoting them tons of dances, hugs and begs, they didn't kill me when i was solo.

If any other hibs had come in, then they would've hit me, but as you appeared to know, when you unstealthed, not to hit me, i guess the message had been sent across your CG or whatever, unless you just didn't notice me sat there ofc ;)

Another scout straight ahead of me, to the right of you shot you as that fight was going on. I was sat down , to the left of you as you popped. Then the albs added with another 3 or so to kill the hibs.
ah, well no i wasnt in a CG (well a rvr cg/bg, but that doesnt count)

it just was a fair 2vs2 fight.. so i didnt add =]
But anyways. that scout who did shot me i PA'd earlier on.. and got him to 1% hp. and i went off :), oh well. next time those leeches will die when i spot 1 :p

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Such fun in BG, oh my gosh, over come with excitement.

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
Right i've got bored of reading these posts... and this is directed to which ever fucking twat started this post... why on earth are you pissing yourself so fucking hard coz Gotnl's might have leeched in 1 fight, he isn't a wanker like you, he doesnt cry to his mum when someone leeches in a fight, he knows that its a fucking game..........

on the subjects of stealthers leeching...

whats up with all the fucking infils... theres so damn many, must have been 4 infils + adding on tonight, if you were grouped, i advise you learn how to play solo if you ever wanna be good at your class... + how can 1 do so little damage... are you the people who forget to spec slash / thrust aswell as CS?

oh same goes to sb's, except they do damn good damage, but try to keep it lower than 5sb's per hib kill :)

aye aye continue the flame :flame:

btw i am Slink *23 ranger in thid*
i add on mids and albs fighting... coz why shouldn't i... they're both enemy realms, my objective is to kill mids and albs and nothings stopping me

Clan Fist

Fledgling Freddie
hehe arh well

get over it its a game win some lose some :m00:

astralprojection (ranger with 6 bow skill and unsc'ed gear)
capped out long time ago but still fun to run about hiting stuf in the back when should been shooting:D

Eredrum (blademaster with no Sc'ed gear and crap armor)
just started in thid and came out with 80 rps 1 hour and 40 min later

Skidlee

Fledgling Freddie
lol stunning how long this thread has been going :)

what can i say.. i guess it just me that doesnt like Gotnl..

mids / hibs dont like me its allll good :kissit:

hehe GL and HF

Cleancut

Clan Fist

Fledgling Freddie
Skidlee said:
lol stunning how long this thread has been going :)

what can i say.. i guess it just me that doesnt like Gotnl..

mids / hibs dont like me its allll good :kissit:

hehe GL and HF

Cleancut

:) its all good i dont like albs mid and hibs either :D

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Smelly Gotnl keep killing me cabby on mb >_<

leave me alone till im 24orz :D

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Buffed, SC'd infilis and buffed SC'd SB's........yeah, you guys have so much skill :rolleyes:

If you have to use a bot in thid by definition you suck, end of story.

Gifv pie :)

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Smelly Gotnl keep killing me cabby on mb >_<

leave me alone till im 24orz :D
what name? :p
i normaly only go for yellow cons tho :)

But perhaps it was 1 of my revenges =]
like the time i was fighting "ironing" 2 infils add & a cabby.. and still /bow-ing after fight :? =D

Oh well. then i just go and search for them 1 by 1. and "try" a 1on1 vs them (wich mostly ends up in a bad nightmare :touch: ) :p

AtomicBattleHamster

Fledgling Freddie
I can only pop a few arrows in your butt now as face to face, even with my 711 HP, I'd last 3 seconds with my 3+5 in Thrust ;)

Apologies if you shoot you though, mid duel, I'm a Scout now and have leeching duty to attend to ;)

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
AtomicBattleHamster said:
I can only pop a few arrows in your butt now as face to face, even with my 711 HP, I'd last 3 seconds with my 3+5 in Thrust ;)

Apologies if you shoot you though, mid duel, I'm a Scout now and have leeching duty to attend to ;)
about that "leeching" yes i already found out yesterday as you stood ontop of CK so no1 can hit you big-time :p

Like all scouts. .. and sorcs.... and wizards... and cabalists.... and clerics.... and Infils.. (atleast i couldnt find any infil, so i guessed they were safely ontop aswell :p)

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:

like the time i was fighting "ironing" 2 infils add & a cabby.. and still /bow-ing after fight :? =D

Oh well. then i just go and search for them 1 by 1. and "try" a 1on1 vs them (wich mostly ends up in a bad nightmare :touch: ) :p

Yay, im famous ;)

Formash / Ironing

You fight me quite a lot - but as im generally grouped, my group mates will usually use me as bait for stealthers - then come out of the shadows and kill u ;)

Considering im a scout - and i have bow readied most of the time, if u hit me first , im toast, so i either A. sit down* or B. await the arrival of my fellow team mates.

* - ive only ever once sat down , and the person hitting me walked away. So im not moaning at all - its just i'd rather get it over with quicker so i can come back and try again/get pwned again.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
Yay, im famous ;)

Formash / Ironing

You fight me quite a lot - but as im generally grouped, my group mates will usually use me as bait for stealthers - then come out of the shadows and kill u ;)

Considering im a scout - and i have bow readied most of the time, if u hit me first , im toast, so i either A. sit down* or B. await the arrival of my fellow team mates.

* - ive only ever once sat down , and the person hitting me walked away. So im not moaning at all - its just i'd rather get it over with quicker so i can come back and try again/get pwned again.
still got you to 10~20% before i got ganked from every visual aspect :p

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
still got you to 10~20% before i got ganked from every visual aspect :p

Yup - but even if i die, i still get an rp from your death, as well. ;)

So either way i still benefit, even if i die.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
Yup - but even if i die, i still get an rp from your death, as well. ;)

So either way i still benefit, even if i die.
well i'm capped for around 3-4 days now :p
Guess i suicided around 15 times (yupp.. thats around 9.5bub x 15 so.. thats quite allot times i would have dinged 25) =]

But still having fun in thid with my NS.. now-a-days i mostly dont kill people (unless its a realy close fight... then i do want to keep my honour :p)

mostly wack them to 10~20% then /bow and walk away :p

AtomicBattleHamster

Fledgling Freddie
Decided the Scout was too boring and rolled a mincer instead :D

To say I suck at playing one is an understatement, but it's funny as hell and good fun.

Watch out for "Buggeh", you can't miss me, I'm the one who breaks my own mezz, plays power song instead of speed and generally cocks it up ;)

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
well i'm capped for around 3-4 days now :p
Guess i suicided around 15 times (yupp.. thats around 9.5bub x 15 so.. thats quite allot times i would have dinged 25) =]

But still having fun in thid with my NS.. now-a-days i mostly dont kill people (unless its a realy close fight... then i do want to keep my honour :p)

mostly wack them to 10~20% then /bow and walk away

Credit to you then for walking away - Ironing is still in BG's - so if u wanna get me down to 20% and not kill me thats fine with me ;)

AtomicBattleHamster said:
I'm the one who breaks my own mezz, plays power song instead of speed and generally cocks it up

ROFL class. :)

Pleasure to have met u at CK the other night. (we were chatting in broadcast) :)

Snarks

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:

Possibility that I'm the Cabby that adds on Ironing fights as I'm normally grouped with him.

Have to admit that you got revenge last night after I managed to run away from another of your hib co-horts and with bt down and only 5% health you saw the ideal chance. Frustrating but hey if you gotta do it then I'd rather die to you than a BD anyday of the week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom