Awfully Confused!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Erm im looking to build a new desktop after my old baby went boom, but sadly i have no idea what is a good mobo and cpu combo these days, im a tad out the loop. Not looking to spend more than 100 quid for either (pref less tho).

Any suggestions, no preffered brand.

Kryten

Old Cow.
For 100 notes I'd suggest looking down the AMD route.
Do you have anything in mind for it's usage?

I'd probably suggest looking at an AMD X2 processor for around £50-60 and a matching mobo for the same sort of price, on an AM3 socket - that leaves you plenty of upgrade scope for the processor later on if you need more power, as you'll be looking at around £100 for a decent cpu alone.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Gonna be a gaming PC, however i have never been the kinda guy to spend 150 quid more on a part for 40% more power if you see what i mean

I had a Athalon XP 2400+, 2.5GB of ram, a 80GB HD and a 512 Radeon HD and i was running fallout 3 fine

Dont give a stuff about shinys, just like my games to run

Kryten

Old Cow.
Okie doke the above bundle would run just fine in that case. However you'd likely also need new memory too so price will up a little. £30 should buy a couple of gig of DDR2.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

I brought the little version of that last year for about £200, and the only thing to have gone wrong so far is that 2 RAM slots have gone kerplunk. For a general update, those sort of things do the job, especially if you don't care about having the best system in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom