Awful protest

Chronictank

FH is my second home
what happened to freedom of speech?

While i dont agree with the drivvel they were spouting, its no worse than alot of stuff deemed acceptable by western media/people here

It's not racist or xenophobic so apparently is acceptable (see muhammad (pbuh) discussion)

Edit:
Though posting this i probably have killed your thread

sorry :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Oh look the dailymail found an excuse to Muslim-bash.

This is a extremist minority and although theyre pretty retarded, atleast they see what a bullshit war it is.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, have to read the whole thing when i get back home, but freedom of speach and all that.

If you can be pro-war, pro-"hero"(different topic of how heroes they are) or pro-anything, you can be against it with as much right.

Funny how the pro-war people were the ones causing trouble ;)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
im so not going into the whys and wherefors of this, but i will say one thing

i find it amusing that doing what they are doing to us, in the state they apparently want to turn the UK into, would get them HANGED IN PUBLIC.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Hehe this is nothing, wait until all those "clerics" (term used very loosely) who are losing support come out in the headlines supporting it to be contreversial

Then we will have a real media storm

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, its only the minority group in all fairness, the majority of muslims are just normal people that get on with life like you or me. The most annoying part is what the soldiers have gone through... they risk life and limb to sort things out and this is the thanks they get. They should be supporting the soldiers.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
im so not going into the whys and wherefors of this, but i will say one thing

i find it amusing that doing what they are doing to us, in the state they apparently want to turn the UK into, would get them HANGED IN PUBLIC.

What exactly are "they" doing to you?
And no, they wouldn't be hanged in public for a peaceful protest
However there is a clause in their law (incidently also exists in the UK) that if they disrupt public safety then they can be moved on which gets abused

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
What exactly are "they" doing to you?
And no, they wouldn't be hanged in public for a peaceful protest
However there is a clause in their law (incidently also exists in the UK) that if they disrupt public safety then they can be moved on which gets abused

they are protesting against the military
that is a wing of the government
that could be seen as seditious activity

you put that into a country like iran... with me so far

you go stand in the middle of Tehran with a placard saying "the ayatollah is badly informed and not entirely right" and see how long you last.

oh and expressing views contrary to the "party" line under sharia law can be considered blasphemy, see above.

while that is ofc the most extreme reading of that activity, these people really arent known for their balanced mental states and wider understanding

Chronictank

FH is my second home
they are protesting against the military
that is a wing of the government
that could be seen as seditious activity
Maybe so but again, it is no more so inciting hatred/anger than the Mohammad (pbuh) cartoons which the general concensus on this forum (and most likely yourself, i cba to search to see) and in the media was deemed ok.

Unless you happened to be one of those troops (which you weren't obviously or you wouldn't be posting here about it) "they" have done nothing to you.
I am asuming by they you mean those protesters specifically

Neither have they outright broken any laws, the placards are not aimed at any individual so the Public Order Act is not applicable as in accordance with the Human Rights Act they have every right to protest (peacefully)

you put that into a country like iran... with me so far
And to stop you there, i dont see any of the placards saying they want to turn the UK into Iran.
Source please

Everz

FH is my second home
He's saying why are the blabbing there mouths in our country when they wouldnt dare do it in there own?

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Well, its only the minority group in all fairness, the majority of muslims are just normal people that get on with life like you or me. The most annoying part is what the soldiers have gone through... they risk life and limb to sort things out and this is the thanks they get. They should be supporting the soldiers.

Cant really see why they should support the soldiers, when they are obviously against the war in the first place. I dont agree protesting to the soldiers is relevant in the cause, since the soldiers really dont have any say in it but....

Zenith

Part of the furniture
He's saying why are the blabbing there mouths in our country when they wouldnt dare do it in there own?

Wheres the logic in that statement? To be, that would actually come out as a compliment seeing as your country is way more fair than theirs.

Everz

FH is my second home
Cant really see why they should support the soldiers, when they are obviously against the war in the first place. I dont agree protesting to the soldiers is relevant in the cause, since the soldiers really dont have any say in it but....

I dont get the point of protesters, lets go get signs and yell stuff whilst being absolute ***** to anyone who goes past.. yeeey.

Everz

FH is my second home
Wheres the logic in that statement? To be, that would actually come out as a compliment seeing as your country is way more fair than theirs.

But why blast at those that make it so our country has free speech etc etc? Defies logic that does.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think they are idiots and protesting at homecomings should be banned. What is the purpose of protesting these solders they get told where to go and what to do when they get there, if you want to protest the war then protest the PM and senior military figures.

Might just be me but i think everyone in this country should be behind our troops we are at war now and they are just doing the job they are paid to do. Any problem people have with war should not be aimed at the fighting men and women.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Indeed its not relevant, if anything they should be protesting to government officials not the men and woman that get sent out despite what they wanted to do deep down. Calling them murders/butchers at this kind of event is just purely hate driven nonsense and should be outlawed despite freedom of speech.

Marc

FH is my second home
At long last ordinary British people are standing up to the Islamists that despise and attack our way of life and national institutions. Well done to our heroic Armed Forces and the counter-protesters.

As for the freedom of speech bullshit, I wonder how long I would last if me and a group of people walked through Bradford with placards stating "all muslims are wankers"?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Seems to me that these protesters are the worst hypocrits going. The shout and scream about our troops being in Iraq and calling them all the names under the sun while they're living for free, in a country where they're far less likely to be killed, off the backs of taxpayers. Just look at Abu Hamza. It also makes me laugh that these extremists say they're doing Allah's work and yet the vast majority of Muslims in this country and elsewhere are condeming their actions and basically saying "Fuck off and die!"

As far as I'm concerned anybody who preaches hate against this society or it's values should be deported right back to their home country where they can rot and die.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Freedom of speech doesn't exist, if you're not allowed to call someone a racial slur or a religiously based insult, then why should a slur against members of our armed forces be allowed?

If they had a problem with the troops being over there in the first place then best they fuck off to london to protest against the government itself, rather than the troops that just carry out it's policy.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Seems to me that these protesters are the worst hypocrits going.
Actually the people in this thread, and those following the same mindset are the biggest hypocrits in this whole thing. The protestors are consistent at least

The content is of no relevance for the simple reason it is not racist or xenophobic, nor is it pointed at any individual

You are saying they have no right to protest because you dont agree with their opinion,
put simply they are shouting something with the intent of getting a rise out of people, just like certain cartoons which the last few posters (except maybe Dukat and access i dont remember) if i remember correctly supported

They have every right to be there and spout whatever drivvel they want provided it is within the confines of the law

As far as I'm concerned anybody who preaches hate against this society or it's values should be deported right back to their home country where they can rot and die.
How do you know where their home country is? there is likely to be more than 1 second, third maybe even fourth generation british citizen. This IS their country legally and otherwise, no other country would take them because they have nothing to do with them

Marc said:
At long last ordinary British people are standing up to the Islamists that despise and attack our way of life and national institutions. The counter-protesters.
yes, lets all congratulate the thugs and morons who move to violence at the first sign of confrontation
Why not throw in a bit of blind hate for the fun of it
Because you are oh so much better than they are :rolleyes:

As for the freedom of speech bullshit, I wonder how long I would last if me and a group of people walked through Bradford with placards stating "all muslims are wankers"?
Hate to burst your bubble but it already happens, but replace placards with bats and replace walking with attacking, well not in Bradford i would take a guess at but search Devon for a bit of light reading

As for printing bullshit ask "the sun" what they think of muslims

You can't have it both ways you either respect EVERYONE regardless of their beliefs (within reason) or you let them say whatever they like (again within reason)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm still finding it amusing how they lay all the blame on soldiers with pictures of dead or injured children, how many of those children were injured due to a suicide bomber? how many were injured from motar/bomb fire from terrorists? as far as they're concerned any death that happend to civilians over there it was the soldiers, not the suicide bombers or terrorist motor/rpg/cross fires that did it, its the soldiers and thats wrong.

I'm not saying no civilians died due to fire from either allied side but its wrong to lay the blame all on one side, especially soldiers just coming home that are safe, alive and back home with loved ones and family.

hats off to the men and woman of this country that served.

Marc

FH is my second home
yes, lets all congratulate the thugs and morons who move to violence at the first sign of confrontation
Why not throw in a bit of blind hate for the fun of it
Because you are oh so much better than they are :rolleyes:

Yes I am, the mere fact I wouldnt even dream of writing the things that were on show on those placards, at a home comming for people whos bravey should be celebrated, shows I am ten times the person these protesters are. FWIW I dont agree with the war, but I have nothing but admiration for these man and women.

As for the bit about baseballs bats and that, that wasnt my point. I am aware this goes on, but not just by white against minorities. It also happens the other way. As an example of freedom of speech, how come the BNP werent allowed to organise a rally in bradford, yet extreme mulsims are allowed to preach hate against the english and americans in OUR country? THAT is the bullshit I am talking about. Not that I support the BNP in any way, I detest their values and what they stand for, I am just highlighting the point about freedom of speech.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I'm still finding it amusing how they lay all the blame on soldiers with pictures of dead or injured children, how many of those children were injured due to a suicide bomber? how many were injured from motar/bomb fire from terrorists? as far as they're concerned any death that happend to civilians over there it was the soldiers, not the suicide bombers or terrorist motor/rpg/cross fires that did it, its the soldiers and thats wrong.

I'm not saying no civilians died due to fire from either allied side but its wrong to lay the blame all on one side, especially soldiers just coming home that are safe, alive and back home with loved ones and family.

hats off to the men and woman of this country that served.
I don't disagree with you, however the matter at hand is not the validity of the protesters statements is it? I think it is safe to say the general concensus is that they are just shouting rubbish to get in the papers so word of their "cause" is spread
However saying they should be arrested/deported/the goverment should do something/think of the children rubbish is exactly that

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Yes I am, the mere fact I wouldnt even dream of writing the things that were on show on those placards, at a home comming for people whos bravey should be celebrated, shows I am ten times the person these protesters are. FWIW I dont agree with the war, but I have nothing but admiration for these man and women.
It wasnt aimed at you in particular just to make that clear, you just were the easiest to quote

As for ten times better, i guess we will have to agree to disagree. I personally regard anyone who resorts to violence because they don't agree with something as lower than scum.

how come the BNP werent allowed to organise a rally in bradford,
Could you source this from a reliable site? I suspect it may have been when the leader of the BNP was under investigation for inciting racial hatred which would be why the march would be stopped.
But i cant find anything to collaborate that the march was banned

yet extreme mulsims are allowed to preach hate against the english and americans in OUR country?
No they aren't, they never have been
BBC NEWS | UK | Law Lords back Qatada deportation
BBC NEWS | UK | Race hate cleric Faisal deported
BBC NEWS | UK | Abu Hamza loses extradition fight

Marc

FH is my second home
The examples of deportation you highlighted werent really because of Hate preaching. One of those examples, the guy was preaching hate for months on a weekly basis, with police protection until something was eventually done about it.

As for the BNP, google it. They were banned under the public order act. Bit funny how the same law didnt protect us from the hate preaching from that cleric.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Can you link me as i found nothing of the sort, i found articles where the number of people allowed to protest was limited not the protest itself

As for the links, the point is that they were deported for "inciting religious hatred" after sufficient evidence was gathered. Also i think the police protection was after the press got hold of it and a hearing was scheduled which happens to all high profile cases

Everz

FH is my second home
Chronic = Cleric radical priest muslim w/e w/e.

FAKCT.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
well. the soldiers are invading their country (possibly), killing their families (possibly) and their friends etc. Not really needed for them to support the troops if they do not support the war?

/edit

zenith beat me to it by miles -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom