awesome day. not. thanks karma :/

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
very loong story, doing a conservatory, the builder has finished the base, and now he is saying things like its shit brickwork, they were messy, too expensive....and so on. Their work is perfect and they are very clean and tidy and he had agreed the price. He had about 6 quotes and although we weren't the cheapest we were about £12000 less than one of the big boys, he also screwed the price right down too

The thing is, he was there most of the week while the builders were there, and he was giving them drinks and being chatty, he didnt a say a word to them, but kicked off at us when they had gone home??

So we were suppsosed to put the plastic up today but he doesn't want us on his property and he is not answering his phone or door. Someone we know has spoken to him and he said he's angry and pissed and doesn't want it anymore. But he now has a finished base that he owes £3200 for, and we have a conservatory in our yard collecting dust

Sent a 'nice' letter today, then he will get another in a week, and then our solicitor will do his worst. The fact that he wont even talk to us is pissing me off more, so fucking childish

Not a lot I can say to that except *hugs*. The solicitor is the best route rather than turning up and tearing it down though.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Well its just the base that is up atm, but we have, (and have paid for) the conservatory. At least we haven't put it up, then he would have that too. The builder is threatning to take down the brickwork, but as we are going down the legal route, i dont want him to just yet

We have just got ourselves (financially) in comfortable positon over the last few years and were about to get ourselves a new van, but if this goes tits up then we are back to where we were 2 years ago

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Surely it's one of those expected things when doing this line of work? Don't these cases normally go in the builders favour unless they're serious shady fuckwits?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
When did he have the first one :eek:
not.....yet :)

I've just been taken for £9000 by some cnut who wont pay for a job
holy shit dude that sucks :/

if this goes tits up then we are back to where we were 2 years ago

I'd just send in the legal men right away. perhaps call the builder and get him in on it (unless that's like conspiracy or something?)?

I mean, the guy agreed to your quote. your work was faultless. the fellow was there the whole time and said nothing.

oh, and mail him a box of poo. you can do that anonymously through the internet I hear :)

Edmond

I'd just send in the legal men right away. perhaps call the builder and get him in on it (unless that's like conspiracy or something?)?

No the builder is sound, and his mate he works with is built like a brick shithouse (he scares the life out of me tbh) but he is the sweetest guy you would ever meet

He is pissed that the customer is doing this to us, and wants to rip everything down, but i want to do it legally b4 we resort to tearing things apart

Edmond

sorry to hi-jack your thread TdC

TdC

not at all. my thread is your thread! :)

TdC

err....I mean....ban! :eek:

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Some fucker just threw a water balloon at me, in the middle of town, at like midnight, driving past in a car. What kind of person drives around the streets at night time with water balloons? Now I'm cold and wet.
This just seemed the right thread to post this in.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Pissed off.

TFL have removed the night bus between Croydon and Sutton. (N213) So coming back from there is a fucking pain in the ass now. WHO the hell wants to stop in Mitcham to get back to Sutton?!

154 supposedly starts at 4am, most clubs close at 3... Fuck that. I doubt my sister's dad would want me crashing in Norbury at 3:30am =<

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You have to get a 264 to mitcham, and then an n44 back to sutton.

Must be recent change -because there were night buses still running a month ago -don't think it was the n213 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom