Away for 11 months

bomaya

Fledgling Freddie
I've not played DAoC since March of last year having completely burned myself out. I never thought I'd play it again but a couple of friends have picked up ToA and so I am slowly being sucked back in.

I am wondering if 11 months is too long to be away though. How much have I missed? Will it be easy to pick up where I left off? Can I even remember what key does what? has anyone else ever had a long lay-off and come back to DAoC?

I'm currently doing a 59Mb d/l to the latest patch and then I've got to try and remember my passwords!

leigh

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
a fair few bits have changed with foundations (housing) coming in plus the normal nerfs new commands and stuff but i am sure when you get ingame there will be people who will help you get along.

i am assuming you had SI before you left

bomaya

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, but it was out for only a few weeks so I didn't get much exploring done. Played around with a necromancer in that time though.

Extra newbie question - I've just tried going into the game and it's saying that my account name/password is invalid. I'm assuming this is because my sub has run out so I've gone to the camelot-europe page and tried to access the account page but it's down. I'm assuming this is because of people trying to register ToA. Is there anyway for me to re-start my sub without going through that page or am I stuck until things quieten down?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
All the passwords for _every_ account were reset, login+password, sub+password. Check through the email address you used your sub details with, you should find an email from around august there concerning these.

bomaya

Fledgling Freddie
I've got an email from last September with a new subscription password but can't access the Accounts page. When I try and play it says Account/password incorrect.

Riddler

Fledgling Freddie
and if you dont have access to that email acc anymore, mail subscription@goa.com and ask them to send it to you by postal mail (make sure you clearly state this in the mail ;) )

worked for me when i was gonna reopen an ancient account of mine anyways :)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i thought they delete ure acct after 7 months in activity ?
anyway i dont recomend coming back not worth it imho .. lots of annoying things have happened scing ... ras were already out when u were about so another annoying thing.. having to lvl ure artifacts etc... more nerfs .. more nerfs inc... stealthers getting majourly nerfed with toa.. erm.. theres more but i cant remember it all.. oh yes and a style review and ra review inc yay more nerfs..

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
nope they haven't deleted any chars yet in 2 years so the chars are safe.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
i thought they delete ure acct after 7 months in activity ?
anyway i dont recomend coming back not worth it imho .. lots of annoying things have happened scing ... ras were already out when u were about so another annoying thing.. having to lvl ure artifacts etc... more nerfs .. more nerfs inc... stealthers getting majourly nerfed with toa.. erm.. theres more but i cant remember it all.. oh yes and a style review and ra review inc yay more nerfs..

cry me a river..........

the game is alot better than it was, not all nerfs are bad btw.

bomaya

Fledgling Freddie
I got back in fine. Thanks for all your help everyone. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom