AVI Dvix arrgghhhh wtf?!?!?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hope the title explains everything :)

.avi stuff that I want to play on my DVD player, I've always converted to DVD then burned to a DVD, and put up with the fact that the picture quality is not as good as when it's played on the pc that it came from :(

But today I noticed my DVD player plays Dvix. Is it better to convert the .avi file to Dvix then burn it to a dvd as a file then put that in the player ?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What is that? I dont have a PS3 ....

Tell you what if they work in good quality by just dragging them straight onto a dvd I'll be pleased but quite annoyed, I've been using dvd converted films for years :(

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey, don't be sad - you can rip those movies back to DivX now :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hmm. You're right, my DVD player does play them!

Unfortunately they dont look any better than the dvd :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hmm. You're right, my DVD player does play them!

Unfortunately they dont look any better than the dvd :(

Have you tried squinting when watching the movie on the DVD player? That makes it so you cant notice the lower quality.:lol:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Thats not the MOST help I've ever had .... :p

Still, at least the whole series of Sons of Anarchy goes one one dvd now :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Well, it says HD on the bottom of the screen ;)

If you use the other, bigger files, can't rmemeber the name but it begins with M, (I'm at work!) then surely my dvd player wont play 'em??

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Well, it says HD on the bottom of the screen ;)

They will be tv rips from american HD stations luv, I imagine the picture quality is pretty good or at least it should be.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yeah its great on my PC mate :) I'll try a couple of other things, see how I get on.

Chilly

Balls of steel
its cos your pc screen has much better res than your telly, and the stuff you are playing is bigger than tv res so it scales and looks poop.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I reckon you're right Chilly, yet you tell people on here and they're so convinced the stuff they are watching is great :confused:

High resolution .avis? Not on anything I've ever seen (well, not tv shows anyway... ahem)

Anyone find a link for hi-res .avi of Sons Of Anarchy gets a prize :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I always download the 720p for sons of anarchy, although they may be .mvk, anyway I watch them via my PC which is connected to my HDTV by HDMI or via my ps3, so the files are upscaled anyway and look great. If you had an upscaling DVD player then you would see a better pic.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I have an upscaling HDMI DVD player :p

I've not found a program that converts mkv to dvd so that it looks any better than the avi converted to dvd.

God I'm a picky sod :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Does it upscale everything though Throd, Divx as well as DVD? Any settings you can play with? To be honest this is where you come up trumps with a media centre Pc or a ps3, no need to burn either.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Dont really know to be honest. Certainly, shop-bought DVDs for the most part look fantastic, much better than the old DVD player.

I'll see what I can find out ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom