auto training on warrior

S

sabdart

If I spec hammer until 40 and get the free points in sword then spec out of hammer into sword will I keep all the free points?

If at a later date I respec from what what will happen to the auto trained points?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
yes you can at 40 change to sword and make use of your free points.

if at lvl 50 you decide you want to do a full respec your auto'd points stay in sword. Im not sure if the single respec would take a full lines points back...or leave the auto'd points where they are.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
One of the stones keeps the points, the other looses it. I really cant remember which. I THINK single looses the points, where as full keeps them.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Ryuno said:
One of the stones keeps the points, the other looses it. I really cant remember which. I THINK single looses the points, where as full keeps them.
If you autotrain, you always keep those points as you respec.
The only way you can "loose" points is when you respec to hammer when you didn't autotrain any points.

Danita

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, surely you souldn't actually get any extra points doing that, because the 'free points' that you got by autotraining sword would be used on auto-training hammer up to the same point when you respec, since all weapon skills auto for a warrior.

The only way to auto train a warrior is to spec in shield and parry as you level, then respec at 40 into a weapon skill.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
lol everyone explains this in such a confusing way, probably myself included.

your character has a maximum amount of spec points he can have at any 1 point, this amount for a warrior is 2000 (random number chosen to help explain). Your auto'd points would make this number 2200 which cannot be listed thus a Full respec will keep the auto'd points where they are.

so your limited to 2000 points, you are lvl 50 specced 50 hammer 50 shield rest parry, if you use a Single respec thus removing the points in hammer (lets say 800 points) they can be added onto the auto'd amount in Sword.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Just autotrain weapon to lvl 48 and get 50 weapon,50 shield and 31 parry...

Warriors are not "normal" in that they auto in sword/hammer/axe ...

I fully autotrained, ie not speccing 1 single point in weapons, to 48 then you get 50/50/31...

Respeccing from sword to hammer wouldn't give you any higher than 50/50/31, but you'll still keep the 50/50/31

(Unless you autotrain you get normal 50/50/28)

3 warriors,50/50/28 +50/50/30 + 50/50/31 specs

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
You'll get keep every one of the autotrain point whether you respec or not. The common confusion is here, when you respec after autotraining you will not actually 'lose' any points at all, however the game will use spec points to spec your autotrained line to 12, as if you had just finished autotraining it. In the case of a warrior this doesn't matter, but if a pally whos only autotraining weapon line is slash, autotrained it in the normal way so he had 12 points by level48, then respecced all his points into slash, he would get the full benefit. However if he then respecced and decided to go thrust, whether he used a full or single line respec, the game would still spend 77 spec points to put 12 points into slash, he can never drop slash below 12, so the autotraining gives him no benefit whilst thrust, and he could not go as high in thrust as he previously could in slash. If he then went back to slash, he would once against get the autotrain benefit.

Hope this helps.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
So in conclusion: Yes, you will keep the free points. However, those points would then be spent to take your hammer skill up to the minimum amount, so you wouldn't actually gain anything, but you don't lose anything either.

My warrior specced in shield and parry while levelling, no points in any weapon, so I got the bonus points and was able to spec to 50/50/31.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
o, didnt know warrior can auto train. ffs why dont hibs get autotrain on hero

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
it kind of sucks that you have to PL the warrior to get Auto Training ;) (or exp veeeeerrrry slow)

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Ailyn said:
it kind of sucks that you have to PL the warrior to get Auto Training ;) (or exp veeeeerrrry slow)

You don't xp that slowly really. You still get your shield styles which do decent damage, and you have much less downtime because you hardly ever get hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom