Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Right my SB is level 47 and auto trained

So far my spec is:

44Sword
34Left Axe
39 Critical Strike
26 Envenom

I don't know alot about Shadowblades so if anyone could tell me a 50 spec that would be great...

Thanks in advanced :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
for the early Realm Ranks I'd suggest something around

50 LA
36 Axe
35 Stealth
36 Envenom
10 CS

you'll find yourself far more often in straight-out melee than actually using the PA chain.

the 47-enervating does about the same damage as a PA anyway. Not exactly a Mage-Slayer spec, but looking at Brittles, PNs, Mines and all that Anti-Stealther stuff you aren't supposed to kill them anyway ;)

The 2nd-Evade Chain in LA requires an Axe mainhand, but does similiar damage to Hamy-Leaper.

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
for the early Realm Ranks I'd suggest something around

50 LA
36 Axe
35 Stealth
36 Envenom
10 CS

you'll find yourself far more often in straight-out melee than actually using the PA chain.

the 47-enervating does about the same damage as a PA anyway. Not exactly a Mage-Slayer spec, but looking at Brittles, PNs, Mines and all that Anti-Stealther stuff you aren't supposed to kill them anyway ;)

The 2nd-Evade Chain in LA requires an Axe mainhand, but does similiar damage to Hamy-Leaper.

Hmm so why won't i be using PA alot?

and that spec would require a full respec stone... iirc when i respec i don't loose auto train but im not sure that spec will sort my play style :eek:

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
what do you want to PA ?

Assassins ? Won't see them unless you're pretty much on top of them. Not impossible, but rare.

Archers ? thanks to MoS an archer would have to be either arrogant, low RR or dumb to let himself get PAed (some are all of that tho :p)

Casters ? Since brittle guards it doesn't matter if you PA or just swing

Tanks ? better safe the stun for when they're about to IP

but in the end, you have to spec what suits your playstyle best.
SZ works pretty ok for low RRs though

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with Cylian. The idea is ofcourse, that once you reach RR5/6 you can start considering to do a respec to a proper crit wyrd spec.

One thing though Cylian...

Cylian said:

Are you stating the obvious, or am I missing something?
Ofcourse you need an Axe mainhand (being axe specced and all), but so does all the styles really. (if sword specced, you would need a sword obvious). Not flaming, just trying to clarify if I missed some point in it? :)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Are you stating the obvious, or am I missing something?
Ofcourse you need an Axe mainhand (being axe specced and all), but so does all the styles really. (if sword specced, you would need a sword obvious). Not flaming, just trying to clarify if I missed some point in it? :)

hehe its quite confusing, but the "Fjalin style" is a style that was given to SB's. Its part of the left-axe style list, but it requires you to be using an Axe in mainhand.

So a SB who specced in sword + leftaxe cannot do that style, even though its a Left Axe style :O

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
What are you talking about? :)

No suchs thing as a "Fjalin style". I think I missed the joke. :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
it's a new style, not sure about the level of it, but it's after Icy Brilliance on my SZ.

(former opener was parry or something)
Polar Light
Weapon Type:
-Left Axe
Opening:
-You Evade
Target Effect
-Slowed
Fatigue Cost
-low
Damage
High
To-Hit Bonus
High
Defense Bonus
low

new follow-up to Polar Light:
Fjalin Style
Weapon Type:
-Axe
Opening:
-Polar Light
Fatigue Cost
-Medium
Damage
-High
To-Hit Bonus
-High Bonus
Defense Bonus
-Low Bonus

notice how Polar Light is for "Left Axe" weapon type and Fjalin Style for "Axe" Weapon types.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Eh?

I am still not convinced this is not just somekind of joke. :)

But, let us assume it's not I can only assume this is a GoA only style:

1) It's implemented wrong (weapon requirement).
2) Mythic have never mentioned this "Fjalin style"

I am however, still inclined to belive it's a joke on my expense. :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
i remember seeing changes to polar light etc in patch notes, so i think hes right :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Should that be Frost Shadow style, and maybe there is a translation issue on the server ?

Darzil

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
'Auto-trained SB'? Why? If you have a level 50 alt you can create a level 20 sb and get him to have full stealth ready for 24 Battlegrounds. After that you can do as you want with regard to spec - upto a point. Come level 40 you reclaim your stealth points which gives you back all the points you would get if you 'auto-trained' anyways. Therefore there is no need to suffer from low stealth in any BG. 'Auto-trained' means really that you do so from level 40 cos before that it makes no sense to carry out.

Obviously this applies to any alt you create. All you do is to take advantage of the respec you get at levels 20 and 40.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ, that was true in one patch back in the SI days.

It is not anymore. :)

If you type /level while being near your trainer and with him selected, you will never again earn autotrain points. At all.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
In edition, i think a single line respec of your autotrained line will also wipe your points - can anyone who knows for definite confirm this please?

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
In edition, i think a single line respec of your autotrained line will also wipe your points - can anyone who knows for definite confirm this please?
No, but you won't have these points available to use elsewhere.

If you autotrained to 48, you would have 12 skill in stealth. Speccing up to 35(or whaterver), and respeccing, will dump you to 12 again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom