Auto Train Pala Spec?

D

Danamyr

As title, I've rolled a Paladin and want to know what the best spec for RvR is? No points will be allocated until she is Lvl 50.

Shield at 42 is a no-brainer for Slam, but guidance on remaining point allocation would be appreciated.

One thought I did have was perhaps speccing crush instead of slash so as to be on a more friendly damage table?

Suggestions/Opinions?

TIA :)

O

old.giriam

Crush has pretty sub-par styles. Although its up to you as far as what you pick, and its probably not utterly gimped, I would urge you to check the style-list and growth tables before taking it.

G

D

Danamyr

Thanks for the reply :)

I did have a Slash spec Paladin on Alb/Excal when I first started DAoC 2 yrs ago, and TBH liked it quite a lot.

The only reason I thought crush over slash this time was because having played other Realms, I know RvR characters max slash resist of all melee resists.

If the general consensus is that I should stick to slash then I am completely happy to go that route again, as I love the styles :)

H

Huntingtons

everybody caps all melee resis? i would wonder if not... so no point in not going slash for that reason... are you going to autotrain slash and chants? or just slash?

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Huntingtons
everybody caps all melee resis? i would wonder if not... so no point in not going slash for that reason... are you going to autotrain slash and chants? or just slash?

I am going to PL it with my Necro (44.5 currently), so everything is going to be auto-trained. I'll have normal, plus all auto points to spend.

X

Xeanor

50 shield, 39 slash, 46 chants

you should get 154 bonus points if you auto-train both slash and chants until lvl 48 (both are 12 then)

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Xeanor
50 shield, 39 slash, 46 chants

you should get 154 bonus points if you auto-train both slash and chants until lvl 48 (both are 12 then)

Why take Shield to 50? I only need 42 for Slam, and the other points would be better placed in either Slash or Chants surely?

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Danamyr
Why take Shield to 50? I only need 42 for Slam, and the other points would be better placed in either Slash or Chants surely?

because 50 shield is better blocking? and not to forget a chains of block shield style who stuns for 10 secs and does more dmg with much lower end usage?

besides 50 shield 48 chants 34 slash 13 parry tbh

D

Danamyr

I'm not convinced guys - 34 Slash seems very low to me. Shouldn't my weapon skill be higher than that? I'm not suggesting 50 for a moment, but I'd of thought 40+ at least...

S

SoulFly Amarok

Without any doubt:

50 shield for brutalize and better blocking\guarding
39 slash
46 chants
xx parry

I myself haven't autotrained as I had no idea about such thingies when I leveled :mad:

I respecced to 34 slash from 39, sucks not to have backslash, which prawns.. oh well :eek: 50 shield is kinna nice.

oh, and my weaponskill changed from 985 to 954 unbuffed when I respecced from 39+18 to 34+18 (165 unbuf str)

took 5 starting str >_<

I

ilum

50 shield
34 Slash
46 chants
18 parry

Having 39 slash means having 0 parry. Having atleast some parry is nice. I got 29 slash myself because I didnt autotrain and dont really miss having 39 slash as I did before with 42 shield.

H

Huntingtons

no that seems to be a good spec, 50 shield makes you a splinded block bot, and 39 slash, makes you solo just fine, and 46 chants, its also fine... a shame no parry...

Not sure you autotrain both though?

S

speshneeds

50 sheild
48 chants
29 slash
19 parry

(auto'd to 40)

X

Xeanor

don't need 48 chants if you use bot... and without bot... it sucks to farm anyway...

and if you don't farm... don't get parry

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by speshneeds
50 sheild
48 chants
29 slash
19 parry

(auto'd to 40)

and pick saracen with +10 dex / str / con

max out characters strong points imho

A

Addlcove

don't need 48 chants if you use bot... and without bot... it sucks to farm anyway...

some of us can´t afford to have 2 accounts

X

Xeanor

for RvR just don't go lower than 34 slash, or you'll be a total gimp

D

Duzzy

for RvR just don't go lower than 34 slash, or you'll be a total gimp

Well, you will be needing one anyways :p

D

Danamyr

and if you don't farm... don't get parry

I've got a Necro to farm - this is an RvR character only.

X

Xeanor

I've got a Necro to farm - this is an RvR character only.
then never ever go 29 slash.... get 50 shield for rvr and if you really autotrain all then go 50shield, 39slash, 46chants, like soulfly said too.

I

ilum

then never ever go 29 slash.... get 50 shield for rvr and if you really autotrain all then go 50shield, 39slash, 46chants, like soulfly said too.

29 slash works nice for me :)

M

Mills

The damage differnce between 29lslash and 39slash is maybe about 5-7damage... weaponskill maybe about 50ish.. im not sure.... I didnt auto train my pala and therefore didnt have those extra points...

Im...

50Sheild
29Slash
43Chants
25Parry

I have last end and castable af... i hardly get hit with mob2 and +13 form items and rr atm... i only have 143 unbuffed dex.. working on a bb atm.. My spec does fine.. i farm well.. rvr well.. and solo well.... Its a random spec at first but when u look at it it does and paladin fine... roled my char almost 2 years ago so didnt have a necro to pl with or ever think of being a 50sheild saracen... :(

but what soulfly said is good spec.. 50sheild fortehwin

F

Flesh

50 shield or 42 shield.. go either of those 2, nothing else
either 34-39 slash... no lower..no higher..
Below 34 slash ..your damage output is gimped, above 39 is pointless, 34-39 gives you the same damage bracket..obviously 39 slash gives you the benefit of backslash and higher ws (not hat much higher) and from tests I've done, backslash really isn't that much better..
46 or 48 chants ..48 imo, but alot of people with bots prefer 46 chants
parry if you're going to solo in rvr or farm/pve/duel etc

Imo
48 chants 42 shield 39 slash 2x parry
or 50 shield 48 chants 34 slash xx parry

Blocking is also affected by weaponskill..and I blocked just at much when I was 42 shield/39 slash as when I was 50 shield/29 slash ..
Don't spec 50 shield/29 slash..it's wank.

I

ilum

Originally posted by Flesh
50 shield or 42 shield.. go either of those 2, nothing else
either 34-39 slash... no lower..no higher..
Below 34 slash ..your damage output is gimped, above 39 is pointless, 34-39 gives you the same damage bracket..obviously 39 slash gives you the benefit of backslash and higher ws (not hat much higher) and from tests I've done, backslash really isn't that much better..
46 or 48 chants ..48 imo, but alot of people with bots prefer 46 chants
parry if you're going to solo in rvr or farm/pve/duel etc

Imo
48 chants 42 shield 39 slash 2x parry
or 50 shield 48 chants 34 slash xx parry

Blocking is also affected by weaponskill..and I blocked just at much when I was 42 shield/39 slash as when I was 50 shield/29 slash ..
Don't spec 50 shield/29 slash..it's wank.

I did test whether blockrate was affected by your own weaponskill. First I had Godfather hit me with my thruster equpped (about 650 ws or so). Then I had him hit me with slasher equipped and also str/strcon buffs on myself, and with 1381 ws, blockrate was the same. Did only try about 50-60 hits each time but with that much difference in ws I'd expect to see difference if ws affects blocking.

People say 29 slash is wank due to WS but I got 1381 ws it works fine :)

X

Xeanor

well with 50shield/46chants/39slash i see no reason to lower slash

the 48 chants isn't exactly needed for RvR and parry isnt needed at all....

O

old.windforce

the af chant is great if you want some solo action or farm cash

29 slash is all you need since your damage is crap anyway with the sword

if you want higher slash go 39 because backslash is a decent style if you got endurence to burn. Beduffler (34 slash) is a crap style imho

parry is good against dual wielders but is bad for using brutalize / riposte ( 2 very nice styles after block) Since parry is checked before block higher parry will give you less change the good reactionairy styles

50 shield is very nice (hidden "shieldweaponskill" is determined by shield spec and dex) and worth it

I

ilum

well with 50shield/46chants/39slash i see no reason to lower slash

the 48 chants isn't exactly needed for RvR and parry isnt needed at all....

parry helps if you get the assist train on you....can make you live longer, and if you dont get parry you sacrifice a lot of defense for just a little offense.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by ilum
parry helps if you get the assist train on you....can make you live longer, and if you dont get parry you sacrifice a lot of defense for just a little offense.

you've already lost anyway if you get a assist train on you...

I

ilum

you've already lost anyway if you get a assist train on you...

not really :)

happens every now and then and its nice to just face the assist train and tank em for as long as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread