Auto Assault... the yum!

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Check out this vid ... hot! Very.

Rest of the story here... I signed up for the beta. It looks great and reminds me of good, old Car Wars (anyone remember that boardgame?).

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Car Wars rocked :)

That trailer looked cool and all but doesnt really say much about the game - it does say something about what the developers dreamwoman look like however ^^

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Tsk, that's why I posted the link to the mainpage, too. ;)

The other, ingame, movies look great as well......... I want this game. Now.
I love the way the Mutant cars look. :wij:

mork

Fledgling Freddie
I signed up for beta a while ago aswell, used to love the old Steve Jackson Car Wars - although designing the cars/bikes/trucks was probably the best part of it :)

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, supposedly you can customize your cars - looks and equipment wise.
I hope they don't screw up the concept of the game.

mork

Fledgling Freddie
Actually I haven't read up on it that much, but I doubt they'll make driving your car as difficult as it was in the orignal Car Wars, if you were going over 50mph and wanted to do anything other than 'drift' you could be looking at a major accident :)

*Goes off to search the bottom of the warddrobe for the rulebook*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I posted a thread about this waaaaaaaay back when i saw it. Nobody cared :p

But yeah, i've been waiting for this since i was in my mothers belly.

Also for car wars fans, i thought cow wars was better :D

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
I just noticed taht I had gotten accepted into this beta...

anyone know if its worth my time downloading the client and registering my acc etc?

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
anyone know if its worth my time downloading the client and registering my acc etc?

It's one of the only original MMO's in development with a serious budget (discounting indie vaporware like D&L or Dark Fall that will probably never get released functionally) so a lot of people longing for something else then yet another take on EQ are praying for AA to turn out right.

So yes, it might turn out pretty awesome. Also it might not, but it's worth checking out in any case. I've heared of a few other people who got into the beta but they seem to be tightlipped.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
oki Im downloading the client atm Il post first impressions etc here if anyone is interested.

(btw does anyone know a good place to host pictures for free?)

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I have played a few beta sessions now and tbh I am fairly dissapointed, having played CoH I have allready seen most of this game before... It seemes like it has borrowed lots of animations etc from CoH. (wich tbh sucks donkeyballs)
I must say that I expected more, it allso seemes fairly bland combatwise and the missions are nothing new... Kill this fetch that, talk to this guy.

What I do like about the game tho is the idea of the game, but I expected something more along the lines of EVE with cars and with more action and twitch controls....

I will however give the game some time tho as my highest char is still only level 6 but I doubt I will change my mind.

Aada

Part of the furniture
the game looked a joke from the word go.

this sort of game just doesn't work

JingleBells

FH is my second home
A quote from someone alpha testing:
Anonymous Source said:
I didn't expect to enjoy the game, just not my thing. Well, so I thought. I've been playing for a couple of months and it is very nicely done. All I want to do is play more
The devs are extremely responsive, the community is good, the crafting is fun when you get your head round it and the quests are quite cute in their own way. There's a very positive vibe from the alpha testers.

Aada

Part of the furniture
JingleBells said:
A quote from someone alpha testing:

Guess its just not my cuppa tea ive played it alot of times since i got the beta.

what does it remind me of?

COH great game for the first week then it gets boring real quick.

the quests are boring there isn't alot to do, i think content is a major issue here

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aada said:
Guess its just not my cuppa tea ive played it alot of times since i got the beta.

what does it remind me of?

COH great game for the first week then it gets boring real quick.

the quests are boring there isn't alot to do, i think content is a major issue here

tiny bumpage ;) but this post were still on page 1 so it cant be that bad hehe :)

have u tried it anymore Aada?

i'm in the beta to and theres been alot of tweaking.

and aboyt the "been there done that" feeling. u cant really expect to see much -if anything- new when it comes to questing. all the MMOg's have that feeling when uve played those types of games enough.

and i cant really say its THAT much simmilar to CoH. some of it is more simmilar to WoW then CoH, regarding the skills u get points for when u level up.

im just happy its not yet another bloody game with knights in shining armor. getting sick of those.

/edit: and about the content, remember its still in beta. they are still gonna release more content before the final version. as all the races isnt finalized yet.

Starman

Part of the furniture
So I guess the real question now is - did anyone buy and now play this?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Went round to a mates house the other night and to my surprise he was playing auto assault so I watched for a few minutes, which became a few hours.

Didn't make it to the pub until just before last orders, auto assault is a fun game :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
I hated the game in beta but i bought it 2 weeks ago and love it.. they have improved so much and the next content patch looks promising.

Ok the game isn't perfect the missions do get repetative but you could say that about any MMORPG.

The community is great i picked Mutants which has the lowest population and i am loving it.

I really haven't put the game down for 2 weeks.

The fighting is fast and action packed and running people down never gets boring.

PVP is damn fun too :)

got a friends code too so PM me if you want a bash.

Starman

Part of the furniture
yeah I got a buddy code from someone today also. It really does play better since the beta so I enjoy my hols from tomorrow and then pickup a copy when I come back Hopefully the retail price would come down by then :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah i play it :)

made the mistake of following the crowd and made a human tho :/ and now i cba to roll another race as i hate not having any cash hehe :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ctuchik said:
yeah i play it :)

made the mistake of following the crowd and made a human tho :/ and now i cba to roll another race as i hate not having any cash hehe :)

Cash is meaningless it really is i have over 100 bars on my main simple because there is nothing to spend it on :)

Reroll Mutant/Mek

Starman

Part of the furniture
Should be noted that its only for US servers currently.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Usually a better idea to play US servers in most mmorpgs anyway, as Europe always seems to get second rate service and attention.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aada said:
Cash is meaningless it really is i have over 100 bars on my main simple because there is nothing to spend it on :)

Reroll Mutant/Mek

yes i know. but i hate not having heal tanks when i need them :) and having to farm for them is teh boring. sure i could always not buy any new chassis. but i like to get those to. i never get enough cash at the beginning for both a healthy stock of heal tanks AND enough to get the chassis :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom