No idea ATX Pin adaptor?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
My mate has a desktop computer. Y'know the type the monitor sits on top of. The PSU appears to have blown and I need to test if the MB has gone as well. However, the block for the PSU is smaller than a regular one and won't fit on the board. Does anyone know the actual name for adaptors that will sort that problem?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Unless it's really really old (12-15 years!) you don't need an adapter. If there's clearance at the end of the block you can still plug it in - it'll only plug in one way (with 4 pins hanging off the edge)
Or vice versa if it's the motherboard's connector that is too long you can still use the shorter PSU cable in it. Again it'll only go in one place.

Access Denied

This is what I mean. The block on the board is too small. it's not a particulary old board either since it's got a couple of SATA ports.

photo.JPG

Access Denied

I should add that it's a Compaq DC7100. Bloody irritating. All I want to do is test the board to see if I'm just replacing the PSU or building him a new computer.

Access Denied

Doesn't fit at all. Not the best photo I admit but the block on the board is just too small. And by that I mean the holes are too small.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Athan : I've just counted the pins - Access Denied takes a shit picture ;) (crap perspective!)
Got some of the "correct" adapters here - I don't know what fucking muppet bought them, entirely pointless.

Access Denied - they're not too small - I know that machine intimately. You definitely do not need any form of adapter. It *will* just fight. Make sure it's the right way around ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom