ATT Ayeeshaa

W

walkerb

and why didnt these greencon mids go to other side of mg again?

S

Stinko

I totally agree with you Sauna.

"Hey!!! Let´s steal a car. The police can´t see us and because the world is designed that way it´s ok" *SOB*

J

j000 d000d

there's nothing wrong with letting your pet cast through a wall

if it can then you can just let it do that

can't see what's wrong with it really

and if it's "because it shouldnt be able to"

then fix gtaoe too

where does it say it shouldnt be able to and that gtaoe is?

remember that there is no realism in daoc

F

Fightersuntzu

LoS exploiting i dont think is at question here - if a pet abuses LoS(as in, at a keep raid the pet hits someone outside of that persons LoS to hit back.....), thats legal. Its not nice, its rather annoying, but its legal.

However, hiding your pet in a spot where it cant be hit, deliberately(and even if it gets stuck accidentally you have the release button :| ), has been wrong since the first day of DAoC. Everyone *should* know that :p.

If your pet is stuck in the MG and you're using the pet, you're exploiting. Fairly simple.

S

Stinko

Originally posted by Teador

remember that there is no realism in daoc

Then, can you please explain with clear and bulletproof logic why it´s considered to be illegal to "use" designflaws in zonewalls to gain access to areas you shouldn´t be in. Don´t answer "Because Mythic said so". I think your answer will be something like : "Because you shouldn´t do that"

Just because you got an option to do something doesn´t give you the right to use it. Does it feel right to abuse a bug to gain unfair upperhand in RvR? It does feel right for some people and I really wish they´d quit playing DAoC at once. Perhaps you should too??

O

old.Atrox

Stinko, did you ever use FA2 in less then 10sec of nonecombat ?
have you ever hit someone through the gates at a keep raid ?

S

Stinko

Originally posted by old.Atrox
Stinko, did you ever use FA2 in less then 10sec of nonecombat ?
have you ever hit someone through the gates at a keep raid ?

Are you kidding me?! Are you comparing the dignity of abusing Necro LoS with FA2 10 sec bug and keep raiding??? I guess you´r even comparing FA 2 10 sec bug with wallhacking into another realm....

But I will answer:
-Never had FA2, speeced in passive RA
-I hit one ONCE through the gates and felt very bad about it.

O

old.Atrox

Im not comparing anything, just that if you use bugs yourself you shouldnt complain about other bugs.
and alot of ppl do that.

K

klavrynd

abusing bugs is one, abusing bugs and farm lotsa rp while doing it is another

Even though goa explicitly said that parking your pet inside whatever is illegal (s)he did it and therefor should be punished (or flogged if you prefer a good flogging)

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Teador
haahhahaha

so

GTAoE doesn't require LoS, and it's ok?

my pet doesn't require LoS either... and it's bug abuse then?

necro pet doesn't require LoS either... and that's apparently bug abuse too?

pure bullshit

GTAoE not really meant to have los otherwise it would have little or no purpose, hence the ground target, and the ground assist thats now in.

The LoS issue is a bug. If you are using it to your advantage you are bug abusing. It doesn't mean that enchanters should never summon a pet and be banned if they it does shoot someone through a wall. Mythics fault mythic should get round to fixing it quicker :(

W

walkerb

so no one know why these "2fg" of mids didnt run to check other side of mg while beeing nuked?

M

mannschaft

Aaaaah, soon all the LoS-abusers will feel the pain of 1.59. Will be so sweet to maim your stinking pets that they have IGNORED for over a year. To you Necros that thought "weee....legal cheats!!!" i say: HAHA...feel the 1.59 pact approaching.

A

Artemls

Originally posted by walkerb
so no one know why these "2fg" of mids didnt run to check other side of mg while beeing nuked?

Because they died?

Z

zYnc

Totally agree with Sauna... Love seing people who stand up for "fair" play! :)

D

Derric

Originally posted by zync
Totally agree with Sauna... Love seing people who stand up for "fair" play! :)

There are no such thing as fair play in this game,the hideous amounts of buffbots stopped that ages ago :p

D

dJyng

Is this correct? : A necro can't die if its pet is placed in a wall (Necro dies if pet dies).
The necro pet can nuke from inside walls, killing peeps.

My opinion:
If this is the case necros has to be very carefull to place their pets inside walls for a longer time, if they do they are making a situation where they cant be killed but can kill. Abuse!

If another "pet" class has pets in walls the Petcontroller can be killed. Not abuse (but not fair play) (Maby abuse if BD in small scale RvR situatons).

Don't ever justify unfairness!!

C

Coren

Nothing wrong with standing up for fair play, just stay consistant. :D

O

old.Pyrotechnix

Just want to ask for a bit of clarification here.

Is this thread covering 2 different people/cases?

It sems that the original thread starter is concerned about someone called Ayeesha and yet Delket/Ink is mentioned as having been banned 1/2 way thru the thread.

I don't know about Ayeesha but i DO know that Delket/Ink left his pet on 1 side of a MG and then went to the other side into the Mids where he proceeded to nuke them.

If Delket has been banned for this then thats just plain wrong. Doing that is on a par with what sm's/chanters do all the time as his necro pet is still vulnerable, albeit not too easy to get to unless a charge thru MG is made.

I totally agree tht placing a pet deliberately inside a wall, and therefore making it near invulnerable is an exploit and should be punished.

Can anyone clarify please?

Regards,

Pyro

V

vermillon

Pets LOS bug exist since this game started, why none (MId/HIb) made a complain all this time?
Your realm mates and your selfs abused this bug for more than a year and you have the temper to come here and moan? Pathetic...

F

Farnis

Originally posted by vermillon
Pets LOS bug exist since this game started, why none (MId/HIb) made a complain all this time?
Your realm mates and your selfs abused this bug for more than a year and you have the temper to come here and moan? Pathetic...

Yay! thats what we need - more sweeping generalisations.

Just the facts Jack...just the facts.

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by old.Pyrotechnix
Just want to ask for a bit of clarification here.

Is this thread covering 2 different people/cases?

It sems that the original thread starter is concerned about someone called Ayeesha and yet Delket/Ink is mentioned as having been banned 1/2 way thru the thread.

I don't know about Ayeesha but i DO know that Delket/Ink left his pet on 1 side of a MG and then went to the other side into the Mids where he proceeded to nuke them.

If Delket has been banned for this then thats just plain wrong. Doing that is on a par with what sm's/chanters do all the time as his necro pet is still vulnerable, albeit not too easy to get to unless a charge thru MG is made.

I totally agree tht placing a pet deliberately inside a wall, and therefore making it near invulnerable is an exploit and should be punished.

Can anyone clarify please?

Regards,

Pyro

read through all posts, i'm with pyro on this one, and just like him i'm confused by who was banned and why ?

hiding pet inside wall -> bad
hiding pet inside keep -> fixed soon
hiding pet inside tree -> c00l =) me pet loves da trees

Also, quit your moaning about the necro, as you say, LOS is coming soon and that will kill the necro in rvr. Already they are crap in grps cause of high resist rates. There spells r p00 compared to other casters, generally if not solo rvr fight or solo pve fight, NECROS STINK...

I would guess after LOS fix necro's will be a thing of the past...

M

midmaster

Originally posted by sieben_dapoet

Also, quit your moaning about the necro, as you say, LOS is coming soon and that will kill the necro in rvr.

I would guess after LOS fix necro's will be a thing of the past...

So you think a class should be able to nuke through walls in order to exist in daoc? Well, don't play a necro then, seems all the whining is in fact due to fix of the LoS-bugg. The rest of non-pets users don't have LoS-bugs, live with it. Assasins survived Ip removal, so will the pet-users, unless they feel that the class sucks after all the farming of rp's through walls. Ahhh....sooon...no more pets nuking from unreachable places. Yeah, feel good, sounds good, is good.

Trallallalla.......1.59 coming soon. Looking forward to it.

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by midmaster
So you think a class should be able to nuke through walls in order to exist in daoc?

???

i said in my post that nuking from inside a wall isnt fair, and nuking from inside a keep will be fixed.. let me expand... no i dont think its fair either.

and i didnt really mean the LOS will kill off necros, cause anyone whos played em will know they were a shite class to begin with, regardless of exploiting bugs.

if you ask me they are simply a class peeps will use when they are bored of playing all there other chars, fun to a point, but not exactly as shattering to the other realms as people seem to keep making out !

{^^^^^^^^^^}
{My Thoughts}

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by midmaster
So you think a class should be able to nuke through walls in order to exist in daoc? Well, don't play a necro then, seems all the whining is in fact due to fix of the LoS-bugg. The rest of non-pets users don't have LoS-bugs, live with it. Assasins survived Ip removal, so will the pet-users, unless they feel that the class sucks after all the farming of rp's through walls. Ahhh....sooon...no more pets nuking from unreachable places. Yeah, feel good, sounds good, is good.

Trallallalla.......1.59 coming soon. Looking forward to it.

I think every necro knew about the LoS fix before they made the class....
I made mine for gold farming and PvE raids, the LoS is just an bonus til 1.59 and 1.60 when Albs get boosted.

btw wont be many Necros after the fix since they are extremly gimped in normal RvR, and will be worthless in keep defence/offence and wall fights after the LoS fix.

G

Grymlina

Originally posted by old.Torfa
its saunas channel

and im glad it is

yeah !!! dont mess with sauna he has always right in the end anyway :)

plz GoA bann more ppl ! :)

Z

zYnc

Originally posted by Derric
There are no such thing as fair play in this game,the hideous amounts of buffbots stopped that ages ago :p
Yupp i know Derric.

Hence the "fair"! :p

J

j000 d000d

yep ban every mid with a buffbot too then

oh wait then there's no mid left in the irc channel :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread