ATT Ayeeshaa

W

walkerb

i dont get this was he inside the wall? or on the other side?
if he was inside the wall sure, if he was on other side killing some greencons whats the problem?

if he was on one side why couldnt u just run to that side and kill him?

W

walkerb

Originally posted by old.sauna
I guess I have to explain it further, let's do metafors shall we: for ex or present CS-players: "Team proud-strikers faces team kiddie-kkthnxbye-expression-using-children and uses all default ways of trying to beat team kiddies, team kiddies on the other hand uses mapswimming/illegal boosts/silent plants/maphack to get the upper hand. At the end of the match team kiddies comes into team proud-strikers channel and goes "omfg lol you r pwnd", since these actions, social and gamewise are nothing team proud-strikers want to be associated with they ban them from the channel.".

in a cs game stuff like that is either illigal or legal,
in daoc pet casting without los is legal.

nothing more to say really

A

Azal

Originally posted by walkerb

Purposely putting your pet somewhere (ie in the mg wall) is however illegal.

F

Farnis

Here's some reading for you.. http://baf.mine.nu/necro-los.txt
If you're apart of the little mindless kiddies comparing this to GTAE/Heals through walls/Other pets in walls then you're a nut basically and I wish you'd leave the game pretty soon..

Bug abusing is bad - but I fail to see why you have any right to interpret the rules of the game that are already carved in stone and in this case have already been discussed and thrown out as illegal by GOA.

Good job i dont use IRC otherwise id get insulted then banned.

K

knudden

You gotta be kidding me, you've seen a bugabusing sm/chanter-pet killing off 1-2fg people in 20-30 seconds where noone ever reached the killer and were running around like big questionmarks prior to their death? I did, I stood below and wasted manabar after manabar ressing, people in my group left RvR'ing that night due to this. Not because they got killed, not because they couldn't get through the milegate but actually since someone was using a bug to kill off people and making the atmosphere and game kinda sad to be honest.

no i havend seen any question marks over ppls head
tho im sure it would fit well the first time(s)
los or amnesia are used against u
and no im not kidding at all
i have seen broken timer and los being the reson for
whipe outs in that time frame many times

W

walkerb

Originally posted by Azal
Purposely putting your pet somewhere (ie in the mg wall) is however illegal.

and the fact is that delket didnt but still got banned

O

old.sauna

Originally posted by walkerb

Nope in CS there were teams that used all means necessary to win long before CPL/WCG (even in the latest events some topteams have used illegal stuff to get an edge, sad gits who are unsure of themselves because they dread something more than anything; to lose) and such set some standards and really tried to explain what was illegal and not by using pictures on specific positions you werent allowed to be. During my 2 year period in that scene I've seen my fair share of people that will do anything to win and those that just play and try to get better and beat opponents fair and square. We all knew the weaknesses the mapbuilders forgot to fix, we all could boost and climb to spots where we would be invisible and unreachable even tho we could see everything...but we didn't, some we played did and I banned them and interpreted the way the game should be played just like now. The difference then was that the majority felt it was bad form and really low to sink to that level of selfishness and disregard of others, in daoc I don't know yet, yeah, my guild feels like me, my alliance does, some other guilds..but are we the majority..time will tell I guess.

Originally posted by Farnis
Bug abusing is bad - but I fail to see why you have any right to interpret the rules of the game that are already carved in stone and in this case have already been discussed and thrown out as illegal by GOA.

Good job i dont use IRC otherwise id get insulted then banned.

Companies make mistakes, in all games, GOA is no different, they officially state "Maybe it is not really fair play, but the issue will be fixed in a coming patch and there is no "bug" exploit in this case.
". Ok, tell me what needs to be fixed in a game that is not a bug? A designflaw, how is a designflaw not a bug, if it's not, well then, designflawabusing is ok?
You speak of rights, I am a daocplayer, I've paid for this game for 14 months now and hope to continue doing so, by this me and anyone playing the game has a right to interpret them. After all the work they say they've done to get rid of similar abusers abusers you interpret what they say as "yay, I can be necro and los-abuse as much as I want because GOA stated it wasn't a bug and the word "fix" in the same sentence".
Besides if Delket, which was the case here and I'm sure many more will come (hope not tho), was banned for this how am I wrong in anything I've said so far or done? If you trust GOA's judgement and rules they have just banned a player which they previously said wasn't using a bug according to you, maybe the rules were carved in frigolit and not stone..

bastu over and out

C

Coren

I guess I have to explain it further, let's do metafors shall we: for ex or present CS-players: "Team proud-strikers faces team kiddie-kkthnxbye-expression-using-children and uses all default ways of trying to beat team kiddies, team kiddies on the other hand uses mapswimming/illegal boosts/silent plants/maphack to get the upper hand. At the end of the match team kiddies comes into team proud-strikers channel and goes "omfg lol you r pwnd", since these actions, social and gamewise are nothing team proud-strikers want to be associated with they ban them from the channel

No, that would be the case if Ink put his pet in the wall (ie: illegal) and then would've told you how he 'pwned' you. This wasn't the case, so I guess it's more comparable to: "Team proud-strikers faces team kiddie-kkthnxbye-expression-using-children and team kiddies uses lame tactics like flagcamping or whatever. Then someone from team proud-strikers gets annoyed because he doesn't like that playing style (understandable) and decides to kick the members from team kiddies that were idle'ing in proud-strikers' IRC channel, because he doesn't like the lame yet totally legal playing style of team kiddies."

And spare me the 'leetified' crap, since all I'm discussing is your decision to ban Ink, not the tactics he used.

And the fact that I said you were a Mid was just to mention that you probably wouldn't see zerging as a game-demolishing thing. Just a joke, no big thing. :p

J

j000 d000d

it's legal to use LoS however you want to

just don't stand inside walls or smth

O

old.sauna

Originally posted by Coren
No, that would be the case if Ink put his pet in the wall (ie: illegal) and then would've told you how he 'pwned' you. This wasn't the case, so I guess it's more comparable to: "Team proud-strikers faces team kiddie-kkthnxbye-expression-using-children and team kiddies uses lame tactics like flagcamping or whatever. Then someone from team proud-strikers gets annoyed because he doesn't like that playing style (understandable) and decides to kick the members from team kiddies that were idle'ing in proud-strikers' IRC channel, because he doesn't like the lame yet totally legal playing style of team kiddies."

And spare me the 'leetified' crap, since all I'm discussing is your decision to ban Ink, not the tactics he used.

And the fact that I said you were a Mid was just to mention that you probably wouldn't see zerging as a game-demolishing thing. Just a joke, no big thing. :p

How is it legal when he got banned?
How am I not in the right of banning a griefer of many in a channel I moderate? Just like I banned Loch the other day because the line "[02:50] <Loch> Stop relic raiding then klav :/" which ruined alot of fun, perhaps would have foiled anyhow, probably, who knows...it's still not allowed in the channel which I think he knows. When I ban someone it's 80% because I'm asked to by people who use daox/daocwin and watch the channel whilst playing, I am careful about it as I don't like kicking nor banning so I always get the facts straight first. This was nothing different except I witnessed it first hand with several others.
About the leetification, well I'm worried to the recent additions to the server that that is all people understand and can relate to. I haven't seen so many, well to put it blunt, bloody morons in the channel since this change occurred. Even people that were on Prydwen from the start thinks it looks cool and respect what they consider l33t-players so they start acting like them. I'm wondering, are people saying to themselves.."why don't I go from being a respected player to a fucking idiot, irritating and constantly annoying my surroundings with utter bullcrap", many have and I'm asked daily to ban people from the channel due to spamming/whining and childish behaviour. Hey I'm sorry but I can't stand people who put themselves above others and look down grinning with the constant whining yapping in their mouths. This goes for the scene, or the scene that is seen, one I can't wait to get rid of, by not accepting grieferplayerattitudes (oof long) perhaps they'll see they have no place on Prydwen.

I got the joke :), I was and am aggitated and irritated that people defend and condone this behaviour, both socially and gamewise.
Btw about that, our 1fg woodrunning team got smashed to bits by your 3fg the other day, gaasp, no whine on irc, no posts on bw, nothing..just ressing and on with the playing..strange huh..people who can take a loss? Something new perhaps, hope it's a trend...

A

Artemls

I'm wondering, are people saying to themselves.."why don't I go from being a respected player to a fucking idiot, irritating and constantly annoying my surroundings with utter bullcrap

Have to aggre with Sauna with this, see old Alb/Prydwen players posting stuff that I didn't think I see from them.

D

Derric

Originally posted by Artemls
Have to aggre with Sauna with this, see old Alb/Prydwen players posting stuff that I didn't think I see from them.

Yeah you might as well be quiet Arte :p

F

Farnis

Let me get this straight - LOS abuse is now illegal?

B

Brannor McThife

You gotta be kidding me, you've seen a bugabusing sm/chanter-pet killing off 1-2fg people in 20-30 seconds where noone ever reached the killer and were running around like big questionmarks prior to their death?
...this is 1 guy taking out group after group of players without endangering himself in any way.

Cast time on Powertap is 3 seconds, with the necro having to be within a certain range to cast. 1-2FG? Ok, lets say 10 people, in 30 seconds? Were they all on <300 hp? Because the powertap does around 300 at L50 to L50's with 0 resists. Against Hibs it does less than half that.

No way in hell a solo necro could kill 10 people inside 30 seconds, not possible, unless they were greys. And as for not endangering himself? Um, only Ayeeshaa was putting her pet in the wall, Delket, and all other necros I have watched put their pets, in the open on the other side of the wall, which is a prime target for an SB to take out as the necro would have to try get to the pet through the doors first.

And I have watched, both on the Hib side, and the receiving end many times as a horde of enchanter pets totally decimate a keep defense, and those pets are far more expendable, necros have to look after their pets, because they are nothing without them.

-G

<salutes El Presidente>

D

Draigo

Let me get this straight - LOS abuse is now illegal?

Its illegal now because ALBS can do it !! NERF NERF NERF:rolleyes:

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by Draigo

No, sauna just thinks people should be banned because it's not right to use it (in his opinion).

it's legal to use it, he just got owned or something and bitches now

F

Farnis

Originally posted by Teador
No, sauna just thinks people should be banned because it's not right to use it (in his opinion).

So if its not illegal - why did that bloke get banned?

Im now really confused. I dont want opinions - I want to know what happens if you use a LOS bug. Ive seen loads of people using it - and its never really bothered me - but if its a bannable offence..well - thats different.

O

old.sauna

Originally posted by Draigo

Yeah, never had a simulacrum hacking/nuking at me either..

Ok you guys defend this abuse, think I suck for kicking 1 person from a channel for some hours because he behaved badly and generally agree with similar abuse...first stating what he did was not abuse because GOA said so, then GOA bans him..
I get the feeling it's a brick wall here :) cya on the battlefield guys

Originally posted by Teador

What's your beef with this btw? If you read the log I say I didn't get owned or killed, didn't even get injured I just ressed, and I'm not in NP which is a guild that comes to irc after every fight to whine about something when they die in this game..

J

j000 d000d

So if its not illegal - why did that bloke get banned?

Im now really confused. I dont want opinions - I want to know what happens if you use a LOS bug. Ive seen loads of people using it - and its never really bothered me - but if its a bannable offence..well - thats different.

abusing LoS is not wrong

putting yourself or a pet inside walls is

that's why the bloke got banned

and LoS whines are very very old

you can let it rest now really

it's fixed soon

What's your beef with this btw? If you read the log I say I didn't get owned or killed, didn't even get injured I just ressed, and I'm not in NP which is a guild that comes to irc after every fight to whine about something when they die in this game..

I'm in NP? :m00:

M

midmaster

Haha, i've never seen so much bs in my entire life. The discussion and complaints vs Sauna is that he banned a moron from daoc.prydwen when in reality the same person really should be banned from daoc entirely. Sauna, i salute you.

Focus on the issue ppl, bug abuse. Who gives a rat's ass about all the whiners that defends their blatant cheating by saying "GOA says it's ok, because they suck when it comes to coding". Pure bs.

Normal people don't run around abusing stuff irl just because they can. (Well some do, but they are penalized for it)

Once again Sauna, you did the right hing to ban him. Ban the defenders of the sob as well.

B

Brannor McThife

Woot!! Rah to vigilantism! Let's go burn down the houses of parliament! They suck! They don't know what's right or wrong!!

Viva la revolution!

:rolleyes:

-G

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by midmaster
Haha, i've never seen so much bs in my entire life. The discussion and complaints vs Sauna is that he banned a moron from daoc.prydwen when in reality the same person really should be banned from daoc entirely. Sauna, i salute you.

Focus on the issue ppl, bug abuse. Who gives a rat's ass about all the whiners that defends their blatant cheating by saying "GOA says it's ok, because they suck when it comes to coding". Pure bs.

Normal people don't run around abusing stuff irl just because they can. (Well some do, but they are penalized for it)

Once again Sauna, you did the right hing to ban him. Ban the defenders of the sob as well.

haahhahaha

so

GTAoE doesn't require LoS, and it's ok?

my pet doesn't require LoS either... and it's bug abuse then?

necro pet doesn't require LoS either... and that's apparently bug abuse too?

pure bullshit

W

walkerb

strange how ppl never can see that they are wrong, but instead twist and turn on stuff, why i wonder didnt mids walk to other side of the mg?
1)they didnt know enough about necros to understand the pet can nuke from other side
2)there is no 2 check above

W

walkerb

Nope in CS there were teams that used all means necessary to win long before CPL/WCG (even in the latest events some topteams have used illegal stuff to get an edge, sad gits who are unsure of themselves because they dread something more than anything; to lose) and such set some standards and really tried to explain what was illegal and not by using pictures on specific positions you werent allowed to be. During my 2 year period in that scene I've seen my fair share of people that will do anything to win and those that just play and try to get better and beat opponents fair and square. We all knew the weaknesses the mapbuilders forgot to fix, we all could boost and climb to spots where we would be invisible and unreachable even tho we could see everything...but we didn't, some we played did and I banned them and interpreted the way the game should be played just like now. The difference then was that the majority felt it was bad form and really low to sink to that level of selfishness and disregard of others, in daoc I don't know yet, yeah, my guild feels like me, my alliance does, some other guilds..but are we the majority..time will tell I guess.

Companies make mistakes, in all games, GOA is no different, they officially state "Maybe it is not really fair play, but the issue will be fixed in a coming patch and there is no "bug" exploit in this case.
". Ok, tell me what needs to be fixed in a game that is not a bug? A designflaw, how is a designflaw not a bug, if it's not, well then, designflawabusing is ok?
You speak of rights, I am a daocplayer, I've paid for this game for 14 months now and hope to continue doing so, by this me and anyone playing the game has a right to interpret them. After all the work they say they've done to get rid of similar abusers abusers you interpret what they say as "yay, I can be necro and los-abuse as much as I want because GOA stated it wasn't a bug and the word "fix" in the same sentence".
Besides if Delket, which was the case here and I'm sure many more will come (hope not tho), was banned for this how am I wrong in anything I've said so far or done? If you trust GOA's judgement and rules they have just banned a player which they previously said wasn't using a bug according to you, maybe the rules were carved in frigolit and not stone..

bastu over and out

cant see what this got to do with it since the pet was on other side og mg and could be killed if they had walked through

O

old.Atrox

So.. if I got it right;
Bugs that can kill zergs of stupid ppl should get you banned,
Bugs that dont kill more then 1 person or that arent as easy to notice are ok.

Archers whos arrows ignore LoS are ok
people who used MCL/FA2 after less then 10sec of noncombat were ok
Mentalists who spam STT are ok
Chanter pets who nuke you without LoS are ok
People who Strafe while mezzed/stunned are ok
Bards who spam amnesia are ok
Assasins who PA through walls/stones/gates are ok
Repairing Outer gates from inside are ok
Bonedancers pets thats healing without LoS or Nukeing without LoS are ok
Animists pet who nuke without LoS are ok
Assasins who climb down after getting Slammed are ok
Pets who ignore Stealth are ok
Sorc/Minstrel/Mentalists who get nukeing mobs that ignore LoS are ok
but
Necros who nuke without LoS are not ok ?

Im sure those "ok to use" bugs kill alot more ppl everyday then Necros do.

O

old.sauna

The idea was to get people to think before there are 50 of these guys using it at a daily basis just because someone doesn't have the balls to say something, the idea was to get people that delibaretly use bugabuse, any bugabuse, on a daily basis so much it's all they know how to play the game and think it's a feature..
I'm sure all daocplayers have used a bug or two in the game sometime in their daochistory, unknowingly or knowingly to test it if it works, after all it's not a perfect game...still some might actually choose not to even though they can.

I'll use a reply I sent to someone giving me pm about actually agreeing with me for final words then..

Nope, I don't agree that any bugabuse is ok, though it's like the people that use daox/daocwin but say they hate cheaters, those programs aren't allowed either but are kinda harmless. To me a chanter/sm/cabbie-pet through wall or someone strafing is annoying but haven't been killed or really mad about them. Someone using a bug to farm rp's and make people leave the game due to it (yeah for most it feels worse to die from a bugabuse than to be interrupted/unable to hit styles) is the the same as someone using a higher form of cheat to me like odin's eye or excalibar (radar/macroing/etc). Yeah I feel there's really a need for people to start to look at themselves and how they play instead of whining, if we had petclass-users who at least tried not to abuse it to a such extent it would be a more fun game to play imo.
Thanks for the priv Thought there weren't anyone caring enough out there anymore almost..

We can atleast agree that we disagree, guys :).
Cheerio bwforumites ;)

Users who are viewing this thread